Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

In need of some advice...
Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: April 8, 2013 20:50

So here is how the story goes:
The truth is that I can't afford to travel to London and buy a ticket for the Hyde Park show and this is not a question of priorities, but a real life situation. No need to talk here further about this.Enough to say maybe that I live in Greece.
Now take a look at what happened today. My colleague just retutrned from a trip regarding some business of the company I'm working for and informed me that the next meeting will be held in Reading UK, on the 3rd and 4th of July and that it is me who will attend this meeting! Airplane tickets are of course paid and the same goes for the hotel room for the 2nd and 3rd of July. This means that I could prolong my stay for the 4th and 5th and then being able to attend the concert. I even found a possible way for somebody in Oxford to stay at its house for the two extra nights. This means that I can now buy a general admission ticket at 95 GBP, which is the most I can afford right now, really! But tickets at this price are not available anymore!
About the advice now: Should I count on finding a ticket somehow at this price in July when I'm in England? Is it feasible to stay in Reading until the 4th of July in the evening, then leave to Oxford on the same day and then go to London on the 6th, attend the concert and leave late at night by plane?
I have to count every single penny so I'm asking about these trips because I have no clue about their cost. But isn't this all a gift from above?

I very much appreciate your thoughts on this!

Re: In need of some advice...
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 8, 2013 20:57

just do it..the womens are all there...uh, I mean the omens are all there...

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 8, 2013 21:23

If I were you, I'd tweak my mind to go for it, be ready for anything, but try!
Other money will enter your life in the future, the Stones may not.

Posted by: Jackglfc ()
Date: April 8, 2013 21:28

Be wary of the travel costs etc but go for it!

Date: April 8, 2013 21:28

...the omens are all there...
Other money will enter your life in the future, the Stones may not.

Thank you!!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 8, 2013 21:36

In the long run, the only regrets we usually have are the chances not taken

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 8, 2013 21:43

The gods are in your favour! You can do all those things (including finding a ticket at that price, if you are persistent enough and luck is with you), but the concert will end too late for you to take a flight out on the night of 6 July. You'll have to leave on 7th.

Date: April 8, 2013 23:06

Beast
The gods are in your favour! You can do all those things (including finding a ticket at that price, if you are persistent enough and luck is with you), but the concert will end too late for you to take a flight out on the night of 6 July. You'll have to leave on 7th.

Thank you all! Your comments are more than encouraging! Jackglfc, yes I know I have to be careful with these costs. Max'sKansasCity, you are absolutely right! Beast, do you mean that there is no chance for a flight at 2 or 3am? In case there is a flight available, will I be able to go to the airport that late? Leaving on the 7th would mean that I would have to go back to Oxford and then to the airport again (extra travel costs), or having to stay in London (extra hotel room), which eventually will make the bill higher! I'm asking for too much maybe but unfortunately this is what I can afford and even that will be tough!But it seems that I just have to try it out!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 23:14

Percentages are in your favour.

There wont be no late night/morning flights that i know of.

I am having to fly from a holday from spain on the saturday and fly back out on the sunday, depending on the weather will either head straight back to the airport or take a look around parts of london and visit a couple of bars etc.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 8, 2013 23:16

Kirk
Beast

Thank you all! Your comments are more than encouraging! Jackglfc, yes I know I have to be careful with these costs. Max'sKansasCity, you are absolutely right! Beast, do you mean that there is no chance for a flight at 2 or 3am? In case there is a flight available, will I be able to go to the airport that late? Leaving on the 7th would mean that I would have to go back to Oxford and then to the airport again (extra travel costs), or having to stay in London (extra hotel room), which eventually will make the bill higher! I'm asking for too much maybe but unfortunately this is what I can afford and even that will be tough!But it seems that I just have to try it out!

Cheers Kirk smileys with beer good luck to you... it will all work out.

Date: April 8, 2013 23:53

Max'sKansasCity
Kirk
Beast

Cheers Kirk smileys with beer good luck to you... it will all work out.

I'll drink to that!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 9, 2013 01:29

Kirk
Beast

There's no planes out after 11.00pm, you can hang around the airport after that, I stayed all night at Heathrow one night anyway, sleeping on a bench in the terminal....
Or....you could join the litter gangs after the show - if they have them at Hyde Park (maybe the council do it all) - they did at many festivals I went to out of London, help clear up, good money to be made, then when it gets light make your way to the airport.....and sleep on the plane.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 01:31 by EddieByword.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: April 9, 2013 01:48

Just do it file!!smileys with beer

You will find a ticket for sure and most likely cheaper than face value.

Min to skeftese katholou smileys with beer

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 9, 2013 12:21

I meant to say to keep a look out on the 'sold section ' on here for tickets.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 9, 2013 12:29

Kirk
So here is how the story goes:
The truth is that I can't afford to travel to London and buy a ticket for the Hyde Park show and this is not a question of priorities, but a real life situation. No need to talk here further about this.Enough to say maybe that I live in Greece.
Now take a look at what happened today. My colleague just retutrned from a trip regarding some business of the company I'm working for and informed me that the next meeting will be held in Reading UK, on the 3rd and 4th of July and that it is me who will attend this meeting! Airplane tickets are of course paid and the same goes for the hotel room for the 2nd and 3rd of July. This means that I could prolong my stay for the 4th and 5th and then being able to attend the concert. I even found a possible way for somebody in Oxford to stay at its house for the two extra nights. This means that I can now buy a general admission ticket at 95 GBP, which is the most I can afford right now, really! But tickets at this price are not available anymore!
About the advice now: Should I count on finding a ticket somehow at this price in July when I'm in England? Is it feasible to stay in Reading until the 4th of July in the evening, then leave to Oxford on the same day and then go to London on the 6th, attend the concert and leave late at night by plane?
I have to count every single penny so I'm asking about these trips because I have no clue about their cost. But isn't this all a gift from above?

I very much appreciate your thoughts on this!

Kirk

Reading and Oxford are both within 40 miles of London. You can get a direct train from Reading to Oxford and a direct train from Oxford back into London. There used to be a 24 hr bus service between Oxford and London called the 'Oxford Tube', you might want to check if that's still running. I don't know the prices but you could Google "UK national rail enquiries" to get the ticket prices and timetable.

As to whether you will still get a ticket for £95 in July, I can't say.

Date: April 9, 2013 18:09

Just returned home from work! What a feeling to find all this information and help!
Thank you!!!

Date: April 9, 2013 18:28

dimrstone

Hey, I just noticed! Min to skeftese katholou! Any connection with Greece dimrstone?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 9, 2013 18:34

The scalpers will have their tons of overprised tickets burning in their hands 2-3 hours before the Stones go on stage on show day. Then they will understand the fact that most people who are willing to pay more than 90 pounds for a ticket did already buy their tickets long time ago. There are always many tickets available on show day at shows with tens of thousands in the crowd. No worries. Go to the show and enjoy the Stones!

Bjornulf

Date: April 9, 2013 18:48

Thank you too for the advice and encouragement Bjornulf! I'll do it!

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: April 9, 2013 18:50

Good luck Kirk.

If all else fails, here are 2 suggestions: Dress up as a Hell's Angel and tell them you just got a call for added security. If that fails, then get a couple of boxes of butterflies and tell then you just got a call to hand deliver them backstage (if they try to take them from you tell them they bite). What could go wrong?smoking smiley

Date: April 9, 2013 18:56

Father Ted, I checked the site you suggested! Really helpful, thanks!

Date: April 10, 2013 17:21

Kirk
dimrstone

Hey, I just noticed! Min to skeftese katholou! Any connection with Greece dimrstone?

Ellinas eimai winking smiley

Date: April 10, 2013 18:26

Ela!!! Ellada zeis h exoteriko?

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 10, 2013 18:31

An option is to get a youth hostel for the night or just tour the sights through the night until the first train, perhaps go to a night club. If you go on the day you'll find a ticket at face value or less.

Date: April 11, 2013 21:58

Kirk
Ela!!! Ellada zeis h exoteriko?

Athina

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1361
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home