Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Let me know: What about taking a pee when you´re in the 1st row all day?
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 17:13

Try a strap on !!

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: April 8, 2013 17:19

Thanx bv, the thing about making friends for a night was always my solution, too,most of the times it worked pretty alright - and for the record: I´m not a 1-row-guy at stadium shows, I was always satisfied with a good FOS, somewhere in the middle, about 20, 30 meters in front.

But I was always curious about the people in the nose bleeding rows, some of them are not that young anymore...so I just wondered.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 8, 2013 20:03

....even some times in nosebleed seats, just to see how it is, but I have to admit I have felt a bit desperate up there at times...

If there is a hell we go to after we die....
it is being perpetually stuck in the nose bleeds seats....

Hell = nose bleeds tickets (dont go there)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 20:04 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Seb91 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 20:25

That's always the dilemma - comfort or being close to the stage?

I've generally been lucky at Hyde Park shows, been up front for Roger Waters, The Who and Clapton there. Each time I just got there an hour before the gates opened. The most I've queued is two hours before doors opened when Guns N' Roses played Birmingham a couple of years back.

Having said that, whilst being up front is nice, I think it very much depends on the band. I've been bored immensely whilst up front seeing some acts and had a great time whilst being right at the back whilst seeing others. Plus, often, its less of a squeeze a bit further back and whilst not having a brilliant view I end up having a better time as I'm not constantly getting pushed about and squashed.

I'm in two minds about what to do at Hyde Park. The Stones are one of my all time favorite bands but do I want the stress of being at the front/trying to get to the front? I wasn't too far back at Twickenham in 2006 so I guess I've seen them close(ish) already.

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 20:58

Having a great seat, somewhere near the action at ANY event- Stones, other concert or sporting event, versus having nose bleed crap seat is two completely different experiences. I refuse to purchase a ticket for any event, when the seat they're trying to peddle is far from great seats that cost exactly the same.

I'd rather pay scalp price for a great seat, than lesser price for crap seat.

Obviously can't always afford a scalp price, but refuse to sit in nosebleeds.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 8, 2013 21:14

1) Make friends who will keep your spot if you leave a marker on it.
2) If Hyde Park turns out to be hot, not drinking at all is not a good idea. Just don't drink lots of BEER.

Worked fine for me, keeping a spot by the B-stage at the Isle of Wight throughout a long hot afternoon through several bands, with at least two longish departures/returns for refreshment or toilets. Might not have worked for absolute front of stage though. I'm too old, short and unfit (and cowardly) to do battle down front, so I'll settle for a decent view of a screen and hope the sound's good.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: April 8, 2013 21:22

I did got in the shielded front part of some great Rolling Stones concerts in the past, you had to be an early bird or a vip to get in there, with a bracelet it gave you acces to go in and out. 5 to 7 meters away from the stage, the best place ever and enough space.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 8, 2013 21:32

take a bottle with you and throw it on stage when its full.
Jeroen

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: April 8, 2013 21:45

corriecas
Jeroen

Thats what happened at a U2 concert in Rotterdam, at the second concert it was forbidden-which I can understand.
I think there will be a lot of security in HP so take care.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:04

Does anyone who's been to a previous Hyde Park concert know whether or not there has been a "snakepit," i.e. an area in front of the stage that's fenced off for the first two or three hundred - or however many they decide- people to get down there?

This has been the case at some Stones gigs in the past. You are given a wrist band so that you can leave and return to the area.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:05

runaway
corriecas
Jeroen

Thats what happened at a U2 concert in Rotterdam, at the second concert it was forbidden-which I can understand.
I think there will be a lot of security in HP so take care.

yeah, i forgot where it happened.
jeroen

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:15

RawIguanaCologne
I mean this is serious, there are different types of being early, being in front, but hey!! Folks, you won´t tell me that you got through the whole days without using a toilet, without haing a drink and still be excited and happy, when the Stones get in! I mean , I´m one of the most excited guys when it comes to our band, but I always had to help myself out in many inventurous ways...

What are your experiences - please be honest!

Ahoi from Cologne

Why do you think they created a Photographers and Security pit at Festivals......

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: Seb91 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:17

Harlem Shuffler
Does anyone who's been to a previous Hyde Park concert know whether or not there has been a "snakepit," i.e. an area in front of the stage that's fenced off for the first two or three hundred - or however many they decide- people to get down there?

This has been the case at some Stones gigs in the past. You are given a wrist band so that you can leave and return to the area.

Not that I recall, although all the shows I've been to there since 2006 have been general admission. They don't fence it off or anything. Although, you'd have a hard time trying to push to the front after a few hours. (Doesn't stop some people though).

As, in July, the space is being shared out with Tier 1 and 2 people I have no idea, its never been regulated in my experience. Needless to say it can get cramped and due to the space sharing with the other tiers I imagine it'll be a nightmare.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:26

To be honest I don't know what the women do.

I piss in a bottle and shit in a bag! Ha

\m/.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:56

Way too much information in this thread!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 9, 2013 00:02

lot's of OCD in IORR....not only on this thread.....drinking smileysmileys with beerdrinking smiley (that 'll make ya go)

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 9, 2013 00:08

BluzDude
lot's of OCD in IORR....not only on this thread.....drinking smileysmileys with beerdrinking smiley (that 'll make ya go)

That reminds me, I gotta go.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: April 9, 2013 22:45

Seb91
Harlem Shuffler

Not that I recall, although all the shows I've been to there since 2006 have been general admission. They don't fence it off or anything. Although, you'd have a hard time trying to push to the front after a few hours. (Doesn't stop some people though).

As, in July, the space is being shared out with Tier 1 and 2 people I have no idea, its never been regulated in my experience. Needless to say it can get cramped and due to the space sharing with the other tiers I imagine it'll be a nightmare.

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply, Seb91.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 10, 2013 10:02

RoughJusticeOnYa
(b) ...or wait untill the Keith-slot starts; then go.

One of the most stupid comments that appear here every now and then. I understand that different peopple have different tastes, but those who go to pee during Keith's set would probably be happier at Celine Dion show.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 10, 2013 10:13

I spent this past summer lining up for 12+ hours for shows, followed by 4+ hours of the shows themselves, much of this in weather over 100 degrees F,and I'd say for women in particular there is no better advice than make friends with everyone around you. Don't NOT drink water or you'll have a blinding headache during or after the show.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 10, 2013 13:47

ya gotta hold it or pee in a cup or bottle

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 10, 2013 21:00

Is this really still a problem? I mean, it's not 1978, it's not Radiohead and we're not in Buenos Aires, so things should be pretty calm FOS until about a hour or two before the Stones take the stage. I don't think you'll have trouble leaving to take a leak, buy food, etc., and then heading back to your space. Just be careful, because when the surge towards the stage starts, you won't be able to leave.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home