Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Crystal Head Vodka
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 7, 2013 01:58

adotulipson
stonehearted
....a double CD with an exclusive collection of the Rolling Stones greatest hits from live performances. The 18 songs are exclusive to the Rolling Stones anniversary pack, personally selected by Mick Jagger.

Full details at: www.1-877-spirits.com/spirits/crystal-head-rolling-stones-anniversary-pack

Well presumably at that price the tracks won't remain exclusive for long,boots will surely become available at the same price as this package but of course with out the vodka and trimmings.
Then as torrents I imagine ,all good commercial sense for all both legally and otherwise.
oh well sigh

Yes, I would look forward to a bootleg, because I believe these are all taken from the 2012 shows--because why would they be selling live dates from the ABB and Live Licks tour now? There was speculation as to whether they would be releasing a live album from this tour, and this one appears to be it, especially since Mick is selecting the tracks and it is being done in association with Universal Music Group. And, true to form with The Stones in the 2010s, they have found a way to transform the priciest concert ticket in the concert industry into the priciest CD in the music industry--as a way of doing something new, something they've never done before....

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 7, 2013 03:27

BluzDude
treaclefingers
BluzDude
treaclefingers
BluzDude
andrewt
Overpriced vodka based on marketing gimmick fits in very well with the brand.

Yup, you pay for the bottle it comes in, ridiculous drinking smiley

You're directing that to people that buy stones box sets...isn't that ironic?
>grinning smiley<

you have to at least respect they understand the market they are selling to!
Absolutely

grinning smiley

Posted by: Shade ()
Date: April 7, 2013 05:57

For $90-$100, Crystal better be giving me head

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 06:04

How limited is the edition? I bought two Hurricane CD's (for Katrina victims) at a Vegas concert for $5 each, and I just saw one listed for sale on eBay for $149.

Crystal Head promo info: "2-CD compilation of live Rolling Stones hits—not available for sale anywhere else on the planet."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 06:10 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 7, 2013 06:49

Max'sKansasCity
The stuffer you buy, the crapper you get

Date: April 7, 2013 20:00

What are the tracks on the double-CD?

Posted by: juano ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:11

Title5Take1
What are the tracks on the double-CD?

That's the question I originally asked.

No one seems to know, at least not yet.

I'm guessing it is a compilation of tracks from the live albums the Stones released the last couple of months. (Brussels Affair, LA Friday, Hampton Coliseum, Roundhay Park, Tokyo Dome, Toronto 2005)

Date: April 8, 2013 00:33

Mick hasn't even selected the songs yet. (Oh, if it's already on sale, I guess he has.)

Anyway, cheapest price I've seen yet >>> [www.hitimewine.net]

I'm reading Prince Rupert's book at the moment. It's very pretentious. Maybe I should read it while sipping a nice vodka drink.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 00:35 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:41

Stoneage
I say, surprisingly affordable prices ($90-100) for this. How uncommon for the masters of usury, The Rolling Stones.

Usury?

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: April 8, 2013 02:12

Title5Take1
Mick hasn't even selected the songs yet. (Oh, if it's already on sale, I guess he has.)

I'm reading Prince Rupert's book at the moment. It's very pretentious. Maybe I should read it while sipping a nice vodka drink.

Well thats not a bad price I suppose if you live in USA but I doubt they will ship it to Europe .
So is there an equivelant version to be made available in Europe ,after all it is part of the 50 and counting celebrations and it all started in Europe so if its not available in Europe its a bit of a fraud.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 8, 2013 02:43

Camper88
Usury?

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Explain please. Which word is more appropriate then? Of course I use the word usury in a figurative sense. I know the Stones aren't loan sharks...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 8, 2013 02:43

Title5Take1

Everything goes better with Vodka, just ask Chelsea

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 05:37

Stoneage

Which word is more appropriate then? Of course I use the word usury in a figurative sense. I know the Stones aren't loan sharks...

The more appropriate word all depends on what you're trying to say.

Are they "Masters of . . .
a) Exploitation?
n. 1. Treating someone unfairly to take advantage of or benefit from them
2. To make the most of something, capitalize, or cash in on a thing
b) Industry?
n. Economic activity involving the creation of wealth or value
c) Marketing?
n. The act of creating awareness of and promoting products or services
d) Rock n' Roll?
n. A genre of popular music that originated and evolved in the US in the 1940's and 50's combining Blues, Jazz, Gospel and Country music
e) All of the above?

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Date: April 9, 2013 05:09

Problem is it's not long enough....

Date: April 9, 2013 05:30

Title5Take1

Spell binding and I am suddenly overcome with the desire to buy this Vodka by the case.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 9, 2013 05:36

Max'sKansasCity
Title5Take1

Spell binding and I am suddenly overcome with the desire to buy this Vodka by the case.

It's always good to get a little head whenever possible.

Date: April 9, 2013 05:39

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
Title5Take1

It's always good to get a little head whenever possible.

Seconded!!smileys with beer

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: April 9, 2013 07:06

treaclefingers
dcba
Vodka tastes like cough medecine mixed with paint thinner... Yuck! confused smiley

Try mixing it with Orange Juice or even Tomato/Clamato juice instead...it'll go down smoother.

it's all in the eyes (or tounge) of the beholder....try a good Bloody Mary or a Bullshot (that's a Mardi Gras recipie...)

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 22, 2013 07:03

What the hell, I ordered it, looks cool. And not that expensive, and will be a nifty collector's item.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: May 8, 2013 01:30

any morenews of the tracks on thses cds available yet

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 8, 2013 02:59

I have it. All songs are from Love You Live, Still Life, Flashpoint, Stripped, Live Licks, and Shine A Light.

Posted by: shakeydeal ()
Date: May 8, 2013 03:24

I bought it a couple of years back at a wholesale club. I had no idea about the Dan A. affiliation, just desperately wanted the bottle. It has a moonshine quality, not bad at all. I'm not rushing out to buy this set, but suspect it might turn up at a good price a year out.

I've heard Dan gets a piece of every bottle of Patron imported into Canada. Movie career may not have worked out, but he's a sound businessman.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-08 03:26 by shakeydeal.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 8, 2013 03:58

shakeydeal
Movie career may not have worked out, but he's a sound businessman.

Yeah, he was only in Ghostbusters, The Blues Brothers, Trading Places, Driving Miss Daisy (nominated for Academy Award), My Girl, Tommy Boy, Grosse Pointe Blank, Spies Like Us, Dragnet (not a timeless classic, but he and Tom Hanks are hilarious), and many more. winking smiley

Posted by: shakeydeal ()
Date: May 8, 2013 04:22

He's my favorite SNL "Not Ready For Primetime Player" of all time. Good movies you mention, I agree, with Neighbors added to list. That said, beyond Ghostbusters, Blues Bros and maybe Trading Places the other flicks have had little impact beyond the generation they entertained ( or he was not the marquee name ). He had a typical TV star Hollywood movie run. I'm the guy in High School that ran to see Doc Hollywood when it opened. My comment wasn't a slag...

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 8, 2013 04:37

shakeydeal
He's my favorite SNL "Not Ready For Primetime Player" of all time. Good movies you mention, I agree, with Neighbors added to list. That said, beyond Ghostbusters, Blues Bros and maybe Trading Places the other flicks have had little impact beyond the generation they entertained ( or he was not the marquee name ). He had a typical TV star Hollywood movie run. I'm the guy in High School that ran to see Doc Hollywood when it opened. My comment wasn't a slag...

I hear you, but "didn't work out" seemed like an odd way to put it. I'd say it has run it's course (though comebacks aren't uncommon, Bill Murray's second life for instance) but call it a pretty successful career. Especially compared to other SNL alumni. He might not have been as big as the Sandler's, Ferrell's and Robert Downey Jr's (another comeback), but he's also no Charles Rocket or Joe Piscopo. I think two iconic movies like Ghostbusters and The Blues Brothers is pretty good. But you're right, other SNL alumni have definitely done better, and he has made some huge stinkers, but so has Sandler for instance.

Having said all that, I understand what you're saying. I think his early career hinted at more potential than what we've seen it amount to. Plus he's all into UFO's and conspiracies these days.

I need to see Neighbors, I can't believe I haven't, but never got around to it.

Universal Music Canada and Crystal Head Vodka, created an exclusive and limited edition of a gift pack for the 50th anniversary of the Rolling Stones.
Posted by: viejorolinga ()
Date: May 15, 2013 09:47

Universal Music Canada and Crystal Head Vodka, created an exclusive and limited edition of a gift pack for the 50th anniversary of the Rolling Stones.

iorr THANKS!!!!!!

[]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 15, 2013 16:14

It's filtered thru Herkimer diamonds??? I live about a half hour from the Herkimer diamond mine!! That's awesome! Might have to order this - I've ordered far cheesier stuff from this band in the past.

Stones and Vodka
Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: May 27, 2013 20:46

Crystal Head Vodka just announced Stones promo package for their vodka. And it all started with Jovon in 1981.

[www.crystalheadvodka.com]

Re: Stones and Vodka
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: May 27, 2013 20:51

does anybody by this shit?

Re: Stones and Vodka
Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 27, 2013 20:53

Does this have Keith and Ronnie's endorsement?

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1525
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home