Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Philadelphia June 2013 show planning
Posted by: bam ()
Date: April 29, 2013 21:17

I just peeked. Best available are Section 1, Row 9, for the second cnocert. The fancy hospitality packages have not been selling too well, I guess.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: May 3, 2013 18:07

[ev15.evenue.net]

$85s on sale for Philly

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 3, 2013 18:18

$85..Not yet....Just checked.

Posted by: ssprings ()
Date: May 3, 2013 18:23

$85 tickets came up for Tuesday (18th)

...Misbred Grey Executive...

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: May 3, 2013 18:35

ssprings
$85 tickets came up for Tuesday (18th)

Must have been a very limited opportunity. Both shows still say "$85 Sold Out" on the link at the Stones website.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 8, 2013 03:02

Coming in a little late to the party, seriously considering going to Philly, June 21st.
If anyone knows of a spare 85.00 or something like that, give me a shout?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 8, 2013 03:08

angee
Coming in a little late to the party, seriously considering going to Philly, June 21st.
If anyone knows of a spare 85.00 or something like that, give me a shout?

I have pairs of $85 tickets to both Philly nights, but now that they are coming to DC, I may have some extra ones for the Philly shows.

I'll know better after the Monday DC ticket sale.

Date: May 8, 2013 03:22

Okay, thanks, lb, you know where to find me!

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: May 17, 2013 19:12

Got a ticket, will be there, June 18th!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: GRC ()
Date: May 19, 2013 03:13

Just scored Clubs on 6/21 in sec 3 for 247! I'll pay 250 for a club. Psyched...see everybody for the Greatest Rock n Roll Band in the World on 6/21.

Posted by: Fixembones ()
Date: May 30, 2013 03:59

Just bought tickets to the Friday night show in Philadelphia and the Monday night show in Washington. Any suggestions on where to stay on Friday night in Philly? Are we all meeting up beforehand?

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 30, 2013 04:38

Fixembones
Just bought tickets to the Friday night show in Philadelphia and the Monday night show in Washington. Any suggestions on where to stay on Friday night in Philly? Are we all meeting up beforehand?

I love the Omni in Old City. Downtown is where you want to be. The hotels near the stadiums are terrible.

Date: May 30, 2013 15:10

Is that center city???

Posted by: ssprings ()
Date: May 30, 2013 17:38

Fixembones
Is that center city???
Yes - that is a good recommendation - near everything, plus it is in the historic district - subway or taxi to the venue....

...Misbred Grey Executive...

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 30, 2013 17:53

In Philadelphia, the central area of the city is known as "Center City" (Not "Downtown" )... The exact center of town is City Hall at Broad St. & Market St. (The building has a statue of William Penn on the top.)
To get to the stadium area in South Philadelphia, Go all the way south on Broad St. via subway.

Broad Street runs north-south through Philadelphia, and is actually where "14th Street" would be ... it's parallel to & between 13th and 15th Streets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-30 17:57 by schillid.

Posted by: GRC ()
Date: June 3, 2013 01:10

19 days and counting....What bar is the meeting spot in Philly? Holiday Inn or one of the bars in Xfinity?

Date: June 3, 2013 02:36

Yes, I would like to know too. I'm flying up from Miami just for the show.

Date: June 3, 2013 04:34

In Philadelphia, the central area of the city is known as "Center City" (not "Downtown" ). City Hall, at Broad & Market streets, is considered the midpoint of of the city. At the top City Hall stands a statue of William Penn (founder of Pennsylvania). Broad Street is located numerically where "14th Street" would be... i.e. it's between 13th and 15th Streets. Broad Street is Philly's spine... it runs from North Philadelphia to South Philadelphia... South Philly is where the stadiums and the airport are.

To get to the stadiums by subway, go all the way south to the last stop on the Broad Street Subway line, Pattison Avenue... The station is officially named "AT&T Station"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-10 00:24 by schillid.

Date: June 7, 2013 16:23

Several weeks ago, when the $85 tickets sold out (and I didn't get a pair), I bookmarked the Comcast $85 ticket page. I checked occassionally over the last number of weeks, and the page has remained -- and even though the $85 tickets haven't been available after the "captcha", this does suggest the possibility of $85 tickets might be made available in Philadelphia in the future.

If the secret-for-fans-only $85 tickets do eventually go on sale for Philly, this link may provide a slight head-start. Here's the LINK.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 16:28 by schillid.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: June 7, 2013 16:33

I GOT $147 CLUB SEATS LAST FRIDAY..SIDE VIEW

Date: June 7, 2013 16:55

schillid
In Philadelphia, the central area of the city is known as "Center City" (Not "Downtown" )... The exact center of town is City Hall at Broad St. & Market St. (The building has a statue of William Penn on the top.)
To get to the stadium area in South Philadelphia, Go all the way south on Broad St. via subway.

Broad Street runs north-south through Philadelphia, and is actually where "14th Street" would be ... it's parallel to & between 13th and 15th Streets.

Hey schillid, any recommendations for hotels to stay at in Center City? I'm booked at the Holiday Inn near Wells Fargo, but it's too much $$, so think I might move, at least for the in between nights.

Date: June 7, 2013 17:01

latebloomer
Hey schillid, any recommendations for hotels to stay at in Center City? I'm booked at the Holiday Inn near Wells Fargo, but it's too much $$, so think I might move, at least for the in between nights.

Sorry I don't know about hotels... I grew up near Phila. My folks still live there and the spare bedroom is already booked.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 7, 2013 17:04

I'm heading down for the first night in Philly, now I'm considering DC. Who knows the cheap ticket situation for DC? It's the last show on this leg of the tour I think it will be special... So I'll put it out here, looking for a single for DC...

Date: June 7, 2013 17:06

schillid
latebloomer

Sorry I don't know about hotels... I grew up near Phila. My folks still live there and the spare bedroom is already booked.

I assume with you! No worries, enjoy the show. smiling smiley

Posted by: Blackdog ()
Date: June 7, 2013 18:12

latebloomer
schillid
latebloomer

Hi latebloomer,

How much is the Holiday Inn? I am from NJ and you may be better off getting a hotel right across the Walt Whitman bridge on the NJ side. Voorhees, Cherry Hill, Marlton, Mount Laurel Area. It will take you 10-15 minutes from these areas to get to and from the Wells Fargo Center.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 7, 2013 18:24

Blackdog
latebloomer
schillid
latebloomer

Hi latebloomer,

How much is the Holiday Inn? I am from NJ and you may be better off getting a hotel right across the Walt Whitman bridge on the NJ side. Voorhees, Cherry Hill, Marlton, Mount Laurel Area. It will take you 10-15 minutes from these areas to get to and from the Wells Fargo Center.

yeah, but the thing is when you get back to your hotel you will be in jersey.

There are plenty of hotels in Center City, within 2 or 3 blocks of a Broad St subway station. . . the subway runs right to the arena, right down broad St.when you get back to Center City there are bars and restaurants you are not in the middle of a prking lot like at the Holiday Inn, or in jersey. Look at Google maps and find a hotel (there are courtyards, holiday inns, etc) withhin a few blocks of Broad St (14th St).

YMMV.

Posted by: hailtothestones ()
Date: June 7, 2013 18:25

I checked the prices for Holiday Inn 2 days ago and it was over $400 for the night of the show. I am looking elsewhere for a hotel. The New Jersey idea isnt bad.

Posted by: Blackdog ()
Date: June 7, 2013 19:25

Rokyfan
Blackdog
latebloomer
schillid
latebloomer

Hi latebloomer,

yeah, but the thing is when you get back to your hotel you will be in jersey.

There are plenty of hotels in Center City, within 2 or 3 blocks of a Broad St subway station. . . the subway runs right to the arena, right down broad St.when you get back to Center City there are bars and restaurants you are not in the middle of a prking lot like at the Holiday Inn, or in jersey. Look at Google maps and find a hotel (there are courtyards, holiday inns, etc) withhin a few blocks of Broad St (14th St).

YMMV.

Latebloomer was talking about the cost of the hotel. I didn't read anywhere that she wanted to go to a bar or restaurant. There are restaurants and bars in NJ too. Exit 36 Mount Laurel is about 9 miles from the venue. There is a bar,restaurant and hotel right off the exit. Ever been there?

Doubletree suites 134.00

Aloft hotel 129.00

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 19:32 by Blackdog.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 7, 2013 19:53

I can offer free ride from NY and back that night to anyone who can get me and my pal in the pit. I am already in with a pair of $85's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 22:06 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 7, 2013 19:58

You are correct she was talking about cost. You can probably get a room for the same price in Center City. MAybe not, but that way you won't be in jersey. yeah, I've been in Cherry Hill and that area a lot. Maybe some even better bargains in downtown Camden. Like i said YMMV . . . depends what you are looking for.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home