Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 Rolling Stones show planning & tickets
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 2, 2013 11:00

frysberg
i'm just a twenty-year-old kid who don't know much about getting in the front row.
How much people do u guys think will be there 12pm, if many, who early will people start queuing?

At GA Stones shows usually some people start queuing in the early morning or even the night before.
It depends a bit on the weather.

GA Concert Tips
Be gentlemanly. Run but don't shove. Befriend the people in your immediate vicinity
so you can take turns going to eat, stretch, pee or whatever. Don't pass out or vomit.

Respect the fact that the band enjoys seeing pretty women enjoying the show down in front -
don't elbow them out of the way. (If they're just talking on their phones during the show, use your judgement.)

When the Stones are on stage, don't make grabby movements at the band or throw things at the Mick.
Even if they're presents, to him they're just missiles and he doesn't like it.

If you can't help singing along, make sure you're not shrieking or bellowing directly into someone else's ear.

Enjoy the hell out of it! That's what it's for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-02 11:06 by with sssoul.

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: July 2, 2013 11:09

frysberg
Hi!

I'm planning to use my tier 2 ticket to get closer to the scen in the tier 3 area because i'm not trusting BST that i will be close enough from the tier 2.
Anyone else thinking about that?

And one more question, i'm just a twenty-year-old kid who don't know much about getting in the front row. How much people do u guys think will be there 12pm, if many, who early will people start queuing?

I have also tier 2 ticket and I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
There will be access from Tier 2 to GA (at least they have said so).
So I think I might go at noon to Tier 2 gate to check out how is the arrangement with the Tier 1 and 2 and if I want to go to GA if I can get very close to stage. This is also much depending on weather.
Tier 1 and 2 gate is closer to stage than GA gate so we should have good chance to get closer than GA when they open the gates?

I'm going alone to concert and I'm not keen to go to GA alone waiting the whole day but if there are others to do the same thing would be definately option to consider.

Re: Question about tickets for SPANISH Hyde Park concert goers (or anybody who can help)
Posted by: Stones CAT ()
Date: July 2, 2013 11:15

IcaroLavia
Hi everyone!

First-time poster here, but allow me to skip introductions as I'm simply not in the mood for it (by the title of this thread you'll probably imagine why).

I'd like to know if any of you Spanish concert goers have received your tickets for the Hyde Park shows (specially if you're from Barcelona or surroundings and bought tickets for the 13th July show through the BST Hyde Park website (Front Gate Tickets).

If that is the case (and if it's not asking too much), I'd also appreciate you telling me the day your tickets were shipped (at least according to your BST account) and the postal service company you received them from.

Just for the record, and as many of you here, I'm still waiting for the two Tier 3 tickets (purchased in April) that supposedly "were shipped on 24/06/13".

Thanks in advance for any kind of information and congratulations on this forum and all the great Stones fans who tirelessly post really interesting and useful stuff!

Hola !

I'm from Barcelona and I haven't recived any Tier 3 tickets for 13th July, purchased in April too.

Acording to BST the tickets were shipped on 24/06/13, yesterday I went to the Correos and they told me that normally arrive in 2 or 3 days ...so I think that the tickets were not really shipped on 24.

I need my tickets because I'm going to London next Sunday...If I don't recive the tickets where I can go to pick it up in London ?

Is there any phisical BST office ?

....angry smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 2, 2013 11:58

I'm sorry, Stones CAT. Have a look at this related thread: [www.iorr.org]
You need to use the links in there to contact BST/Frontgate/AEG, by email or via Facebook or both.
They'll probably tell you that if you don't get your tickets before you leave you need to pick them up at the box office -
but you should make them send you that message, plus the will-call days/hours/locations, by email
so you can print it out and take it with you as proof of what you were told.

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: July 2, 2013 12:23

I've got reply from Joe Sale yesterday for Tier 1 with silly bar, 6th July.

I can now confirm that the PayBands were sent at 3:00pm today First Class registered delivery. The PayBand should be with you tomorrow or Wednesday. I understand that you do not want to queue on the day, and I am very sorry you have had to wait this long.

If you do not receive the PayBand by Wednesday please let us know and we can arrange something.

Hope the wristbands will turn up today or tomorrow. But if they don't turn up tomorrow, it would be too late to arrange collection on Thursday.

Date: July 2, 2013 12:37

One can only hope that these idiots have nothing to do with arranging wristbands/passes/tickets for the performers!

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: July 2, 2013 13:38

with sssoul
You need to use the links in there to contact BST/Frontgate/AEG, by email or via Facebook or both.
They'll probably tell you that if you don't get your tickets before you leave you need to pick them up at the box office -
but you should make them send you that message, plus the will-call days/hours/locations, by email

Indeed, I am printing it and bringing it with me!

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: July 2, 2013 14:09

Hi all

I've got a tier 2/unwind package. The bracelet and the lanyard has arrived and I've activated it and credited it with a few quid. My question is, and I am confused (!) is the bracelet my ticket? There was a letter, the lanyard and bracelet but no ticket in my envelope.

Hope to see a few of you in the Monkey Puzzle and if anyone is staying at the Gallery Hotel in South Kensington then give me a shout.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: July 2, 2013 14:12

My bracelet says in the accompanying notes that it is definitely not a ticket BUT I am a UK resident and it may be different for UK residents. The helpline is +44 844 7364220

Date: July 2, 2013 14:15

johnnythunders
My bracelet says in the accompanying notes that it is definitely not a ticket BUT I am a UK resident and it may be different for UK residents. The helpline is +44 844 7364220

I'm a UK resident too. Did your package include a ticket?

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: July 2, 2013 14:22

No

See my response at the end of the AEG ticket chaos thread

Date: July 2, 2013 14:29

johnnythunders
No

See my response at the end of the AEG ticket chaos thread

Worrying - thanks for your reply. Will let you know if I fined anything more out.

Re: Question about tickets for SPANISH Hyde Park concert goers (or anybody who can help)
Posted by: IcaroLavia ()
Date: July 2, 2013 14:58

Stones CAT
IcaroLavia
Hi everyone!

First-time poster here, but allow me to skip introductions as I'm simply not in the mood for it (by the title of this thread you'll probably imagine why).

I'd like to know if any of you Spanish concert goers have received your tickets for the Hyde Park shows (specially if you're from Barcelona or surroundings and bought tickets for the 13th July show through the BST Hyde Park website (Front Gate Tickets).

If that is the case (and if it's not asking too much), I'd also appreciate you telling me the day your tickets were shipped (at least according to your BST account) and the postal service company you received them from.

Just for the record, and as many of you here, I'm still waiting for the two Tier 3 tickets (purchased in April) that supposedly "were shipped on 24/06/13".

Thanks in advance for any kind of information and congratulations on this forum and all the great Stones fans who tirelessly post really interesting and useful stuff!

Hola !

I'm from Barcelona and I haven't recived any Tier 3 tickets for 13th July, purchased in April too.

Acording to BST the tickets were shipped on 24/06/13, yesterday I went to the Correos and they told me that normally arrive in 2 or 3 days ...so I think that the tickets were not really shipped on 24.

I need my tickets because I'm going to London next Sunday...If I don't recive the tickets where I can go to pick it up in London ?

Is there any phisical BST office ?

....angry smiley

Sad to hear you're in the same situation as me, but also kind of relieved because this may indicate the problem isn't specifically with my tickets.

As I doubt Correos is actually handling this issue, I've tried to contact some of the postal service companies that some people have mentioned in this thread (GLS, Royal Mail). I've been told there's nothing they can do without the tracking number, so I've sent a few emails asking for it (I know others here have also tried to get it to no avail...).

Molts ànims! Hope you'll receive your tickets before Sunday. I hope we all receive them once and for all...

Posted by: RG ()
Date: July 2, 2013 15:21

Does anybody knows on what time the Stones will be on stage next saturday..?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 2, 2013 15:23

ladywilliam

I can now confirm that the PayBands were sent at 3:00pm today First Class registered delivery. The PayBand should be with you tomorrow or Wednesday. I understand that you do not want to queue on the day, and I am very sorry you have had to wait this long.

If you do not receive the PayBand by Wednesday please let us know and we can arrange something.

Hope the wristbands will turn up today or tomorrow. But if they don't turn up tomorrow, it would be too late to arrange collection on Thursday.

Are you in the UK? (As it sounds.) I hope so, given that nothing ever arrived here (US), and I leave in the morning.

I'm thinking of trading my Tier 1 with someone who has a Tier 3 (which is what I would have got in the first place, if there hadn't originally been different descriptions of these tiers). I'll have to see how possible that is when I get there. (I wouldn't be looking for the difference in price, just a straight swap, so I'm thinking I could find someone.)

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: July 2, 2013 15:46

Aquamarine
ladywilliam

Are you in the UK? (As it sounds.) I hope so, given that nothing ever arrived here (US), and I leave in the morning.

I'm thinking of trading my Tier 1 with someone who has a Tier 3 (which is what I would have got in the first place, if there hadn't originally been different descriptions of these tiers). I'll have to see how possible that is when I get there. (I wouldn't be looking for the difference in price, just a straight swap, so I'm thinking I could find someone.)

Yes, I live in London. I just went home during lunch time, and found 'Something for you' letter from Royal Mail. I will pick it up tomorrow morning. Hope that is it!!

I think you can collect your Tier 1 wristband on Thursday or Friday at the box office. So you don't need to exchange to Tier 3, do you? And if you want to exchange, you will need your tix in hands anyway. Hope you get to London safe and collect your wristbands on arrival. Fingers cross!!

Date: July 2, 2013 15:50

Thank you! Yes, as far as I can tell I can pick up the wristband Friday--I'm just thinking of exchanging for Tier 3 because it seems like I'd get a better view, if I get there early. Can't see any advantage to Tier 1 at all now!

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: July 2, 2013 16:08

Here the map that I just received from AEG UK. I hope it will help you.

Benjamin.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: July 2, 2013 16:32

Just to confirm yet again that we can get the Tier 1/2 wristbands with bar for overseas clients on Friday:

JUL 01, 2013 | 11:03PM UTC
Drew @ Front Gate Tickets replied:
You absolutely can pick them up on Friday. The box office hours are Fri-Sun - 9:30a-9p.
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Date: July 2, 2013 16:34

And yet--elsewhere (who knows where, now? eye rolling smiley ) they said you had to pick them up Friday between 10 and 2, because of the Bon Jovi show.

Date: July 2, 2013 19:10

with sssoul

Thank's with sssoul, I just emailed to all links ...confused smiley

Date: July 2, 2013 19:24

IcaroLavia

Sad to hear you're in the same situation as me, but also kind of relieved because this may indicate the problem isn't specifically with my tickets.

As I doubt Correos is actually handling this issue, I've tried to contact some of the postal service companies that some people have mentioned in this thread (GLS, Royal Mail). I've been told there's nothing they can do without the tracking number, so I've sent a few emails asking for it (I know others here have also tried to get it to no avail...).

Molts ànims! Hope you'll receive your tickets before Sunday. I hope we all receive them once and for all...

Sad sad sad ..... XD

I'm telling you any news ....

Que tinguem sort ........ smileys with beer

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 2, 2013 19:54

Aquamarine
Thank you! Yes, as far as I can tell I can pick up the wristband Friday--I'm just thinking of exchanging for Tier 3 because it seems like I'd get a better view, if I get there early. Can't see any advantage to Tier 1 at all now!

Has there been a recent new development? It seems T1 will guarantee a spot close to the stage regardless of what you do during the day and possibly give a shot at FOS if you decide to give G3 a shot, assuming there is an easy passage...how would you go about exchanging for T3 at this point? I don't think you can use the upgrade/downgrade offer at this point? I have a T1 for the 6th and a T3 for the 13th but I'm not sure I can make it back for the second show...

Posted by: moralinsanity ()
Date: July 2, 2013 20:54

Hi all,

I will be uploading images tomorrow with views directly from Tier 1 and Tier 2 from the site as is now.

This should clear it up for us all exactly what we are getting for our money. I have to admit though that the pictures I have already don't fill me with confidence that our Tier 2 tickets will even guarantee a nice patch of grass with a view at all as their appears to be a pavilion partially blocking the view to the stage.

Will put the images up tomorrow.

Posted by: muppetmark ()
Date: July 2, 2013 21:11

Weather is meant to be sunny, i'm aiming to turn up in the morning.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: July 2, 2013 21:33

moralinsanity
Hi all,

I will be uploading images tomorrow with views directly from Tier 1 and Tier 2 from the site as is now.

This should clear it up for us all exactly what we are getting for our money. I have to admit though that the pictures I have already don't fill me with confidence that our Tier 2 tickets will even guarantee a nice patch of grass with a view at all as their appears to be a pavilion partially blocking the view to the stage.

Thanks for this.

I eventually got AEG to explicitly state that Tier 2 would have a good view of the stage, so if this is not the case it will be further proof of misselling.

I wrote: It's my perception that you have "downgraded" Tier 2 tickets, since it was implicit in the original published descriptions that Tier 2 would be in a central position in relation to the stage, and not at the side. I still intend to use the Tier 2 ticket but can you please reassure me that both the sightlines and the sound balance will not be compromised by the re-positioning of Tier 2.

They replied: Tier 2 will have a great view of the stage and the location of both Tier 1 and 2 will not be compromised in terms of sound quality.

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: July 2, 2013 21:34

moralinsanity
Hi all,

Can`t wait to see the pictures. I received an e-mail today from Frontgate. I asked how far from stage the tier 2 is. They didn`t answer to that. Earlier they have said that tier 2 gives you a good view of the main stage. This time they just answered about the facilities such as toilets... (!) I just don`t trust them anymore....

The whole mess gives me a bad feeling about wich concert experience I will get. But, I have to think of something positive: I`m going to see the Stones once more and the weather report smells like lots of beer smileys with beer

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: July 2, 2013 21:57

My tickets for 13th arrived to Poland yesterday. No more doubts. smiling smiley

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: July 2, 2013 22:32

gibsonman
Can`t wait to see the pictures. I received an e-mail today from Frontgate. I asked how far from stage the tier 2 is. They didn`t answer to that. Earlier they have said that tier 2 gives you a good view of the main stage. This time they just answered about the facilities such as toilets... (!) I just don`t trust them anymore....

Keep that email! We can use as much evidence as we can get if they've lied again.

Date: July 2, 2013 22:44

gotdablouse
Aquamarine

Has there been a recent new development? It seems T1 will guarantee a spot close to the stage regardless of what you do during the day and possibly give a shot at FOS if you decide to give G3 a shot, assuming there is an easy passage...how would you go about exchanging for T3 at this point? I don't think you can use the upgrade/downgrade offer at this point? I have a T1 for the 6th and a T3 for the 13th but I'm not sure I can make it back for the second show...

No, no recent development--and my plan wasn't anything more elaborate than lurking outside until a Tier 3 person comes along who wants to swap! To tell the truth, I'm leery about doing anything else during the day as there's no way I'm going to be able to see anything unless I stake out a spot and stick to it, and I can probably get a better one in Tier 3. I dunno . . . I'm getting sick of the whole thing!

In other news, I just checked in for my flight tomorrow.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1339
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home