Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Tell Me" From 40 Years Ago To Be Released Today!
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 3, 2013 14:43

Classic Rolling Stones Performances Not Seen In 40 Years Released On DVDby VVN Music on April 3, 2013

Almost a year ago today, Reelin’ in the Years Productions announced that they had acquired the video of all of the music performances from The Merv Griffin Show, over 2,000 hours of music from between 1962 and 1986.

Today, the company announced that they have done the same with The Red Skelton Show, acquiring performances from between 1962 and 1971 all of which have not been seen since their first airing.
Skelton had a fairly open mind about the music of the day and had a long list of the biggest acts including the Rolling Stones, the Animals, the Kinks, Simon and Garfunkel, Jan and Dean, the Four Seasons, Dionne Warwick, Three Dog Night, Iron Butterfly and many more.
Commenting on the The Red Skelton Hour archive, Reelin’ In The Years founder and president David Peck stated, “Representing the performances and interviews from the musical guests on The Red Skelton Hour is truly a great honor. The holdings are incredible, featuring many unique and one-of-a-kind performances. In addition, since the music performances haven’t been utilized in any form since the early 1970’s, it’s the rediscovery of a great American treasure.”
The following is a promotional reel released by the company showing a sampling of some of the great performances now in their archive:

More from vvnmusic.com

Re: "Tell Me" From 40 Years Ago To Be Released Today!
Posted by: matsumoto33 ()
Date: April 3, 2013 16:53

50 years ago, surely....

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 3, 2013 17:13

"Not seen in 40 years" shows what they know about The Stones community

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 3, 2013 17:58

i dont care anymore, Screw the Lot of them...

Jagger needs a haircut, sure am not gonna pay for it.

@#$%&

jeroen

Posted by: bam ()
Date: April 3, 2013 19:00

I still think "Tell Me" should open the concert. Great lyrics with double-meanings in this context, telling the story of this tour. And the first Jagger-Richards song to be released as a single.

Posted by: stones1962 ()
Date: April 4, 2013 02:02

This is not accurate information. They are announcing that you can liscense the footage through them. This is NOT a dvd release. I just called them up.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 4, 2013 02:06

corriecas
i dont care anymore, Screw the Lot of them...

Jagger needs a haircut, sure am not gonna pay for it.

@#$%&

jeroen

They just have low foreheads and high eyebrows.

Posted by: cookwazzahoe ()
Date: April 4, 2013 04:09

its lipscyched too

Posted by: mikeeder ()
Date: April 4, 2013 15:07

They have a lot of great stuff, but they won't release to researchers. I hate this kind of hoarding if you will. They prices they charge are so high none of this footage will be seen close to complete as they only sell to film makers.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 4, 2013 17:02

The Red Skelton Srones material has been avail complete and in pretty decent quality (its all b/w of course) for at least a decade if not longer. and yes, it is all performed to the records also..

Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:58

Here is a 9-minute promo put together by Reelin' In The Years of the footage they have for liscensing. The Stones footage looks real clear. I notice that It's All Over Now, plus others have a stereo backing track.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:58

bam
I still think "Tell Me" should open the concert. Great lyrics with double-meanings in this context, telling the story of this tour. And the first Jagger-Richards song to be released as a single.

Tell Me wouldn't really work without an acoustic guitar, and they don't seem to play acoustic guitar very often live, except in the middle of a show where the pacing can be slower before building toward the show's big finish. They shape their shows in the form of a "W"--big opening, slower in the middle, big finish.

In a current audio interview, Mick discusses the importance of a show's opening number [from 4:30 to 5:01]:

[www.absoluteradio.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 00:09 by stonehearted.

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:05

that stones stuff has been around collectors' circles for a while. lots of miming it seems or singing to backing tracks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2346
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home