Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: could it be that they really just love to play together?
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 1, 2013 17:18

GRNRBITW
duke richardson
and the fun. i think they like to whistle while they count the money.

don't we all?

GRNNBITR, you are jealous because the Stones have more money than you and they have more fun.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 1, 2013 17:27

duke richardson
GRNRBITW
duke richardson
and the fun. i think they like to whistle while they count the money.

don't we all?

GRNNBITR, you are jealous because the Stones have more money than you and they have more fun.

they have more sex, more parties, more adulation, more talent....more everything. but i can look beyond all that and just be gratified that i'm lucky enough to live in the same world as them. no, really.

Date: April 1, 2013 17:40

YES they do enjoy playing together and thats why it all started in the first place. Through the years there have been ups ad downs but they stuck it out and now I believe they are proud of the fact that the milestone of 50 years together as a band has brought many opportunities in life for them. So at this point they are enjoying the fruits of their labor, and it is hard work touring, not all fun and games but I'm sure there are lots of fun and games! Who here wouldnt love to lead the life of a Rolling Stone? Traveling the world making big bucks while entertaining the planet and making millions of people happy with their rock & roll show! YES they love playing music together, and they appreciate the fans who love them! Thats part of it too, ego tripping yet living up to our expectations that we still want to see them and they can still give a great tour! Last 5 shows proved it, they were having a blast on stage, I saw both Newark shows and it was fun as hell! Long live The Stones!

Date: April 1, 2013 17:54

BitchKeepsBitchin
YES they do enjoy playing together and thats why it all started in the first place. Through the years there have been ups ad downs but they stuck it out and now I believe they are proud of the fact that the milestone of 50 years together as a band has brought many opportunities in life for them. So at this point they are enjoying the fruits of their labor, and it is hard work touring, not all fun and games but I'm sure there are lots of fun and games! Who here wouldnt love to lead the life of a Rolling Stone? Traveling the world making big bucks while entertaining the planet and making millions of people happy with their rock & roll show! YES they love playing music together, and they appreciate the fans who love them! Thats part of it too, ego tripping yet living up to our expectations that we still want to see them and they can still give a great tour! Last 5 shows proved it, they were having a blast on stage, I saw both Newark shows and it was fun as hell! Long live The Stones!

i don't understand the attitude of some of the posters here....

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 1, 2013 18:10

GRNRBITW
BitchKeepsBitchin

i don't understand the attitude of some of the posters here....

Maybe you just dont understand the words?

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 1, 2013 19:15

Well in the last couple of weeks I've seen photos of Mick smiling with a bunch of session players and Keith smiling with a bunch of session players, both in L.A.it should be noted, but they can't be bothered to be in a studio with each other, perhaps the overwhelming joy of making music together would be too much for them to handle.

Date: April 1, 2013 19:18

andrewt
Well in the last couple of weeks I've seen photos of Mick smiling with a bunch of session players and Keith smiling with a bunch of session players, both in L.A.it should be noted, but they can't be bothered to be in a studio with each other, perhaps the overwhelming joy of making music together would be too much for them to handle.

when you're as old as these geezers, too much joy can be tough on the old ticker....

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: April 1, 2013 19:20

yes I'm sure they still have some pleasure to play together.
I even think it's necessary. It wouldn't do it if they had not.
It's like actors playing a comedy. If they did not laugh every 5 minutes, it wouldn't be a good comedy.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 1, 2013 19:35

GRNRBITW
andrewt

when you're as old as these geezers, too much joy can be tough on the old ticker....

old? geezers? 70 is the new 30.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 1, 2013 19:42

As much as I'm finding the sarcasm in this thread amusing, I'll jut spell it out.

No, they don't do ANYTHING for 'the joy' of it. They're not that kind of band anymore. One thing and one thing only brings this band togethe; a calculated cash-grab. That's all this band is, and has been since 1989. To think otherwise... makes one feel better about the cash one has recently flushed towards them? "Buying Heavy" into something gives one a sense of ownership over it?

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: April 1, 2013 19:46

I just finished reading Prince Rupert´s book: since 1980 is for the money....

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 1, 2013 19:50

jamesfdouglas
As much as I'm finding the sarcasm in this thread amusing, I'll jut spell it out.

No, they don't do ANYTHING for 'the joy' of it. They're not that kind of band anymore. One thing and one thing only brings this band togethe; a calculated cash-grab. That's all this band is, and has been since 1989. To think otherwise... makes one feel better about the cash one has recently flushed towards them? "Buying Heavy" into something gives one a sense of ownership over it?

I love when people on IORR pronounce the truth as if it's an edict from the gods...and yes, that's sarcasm jamesfdouglas. This is your opinion, same as anyone else's, no more and no less.

We really can't know what their motivations are, we can only go on what they have said. Charlie has already said that he wouldn't do it except for the fact that the others want him to. So, at least we can say that there is some sense of loyalty to each other. Unless you think Charlie is just blowing smoke...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 1, 2013 19:53

latebloomer

We really can't know what their motivations are, we can only go on what they have said. Charlie has already said that he wouldn't do it except for the fact that the others want him to. So, at least we can say that there is some sense of loyalty to each other. Unless you think Charlie is just blowing smoke...

I Love You LB smileys with beer

Date: April 1, 2013 19:55

jamesfdouglas

just ask Mac - he knows as well as anyone. he's told me several times - the stones work for money and there's almost nothing they won't do if the money's there...

Date: April 1, 2013 19:56

latebloomer
jamesfdouglas

I love when people on IORR pronounce the truth as if it's an edict from the gods......

you're welcome

Date: April 1, 2013 19:57

duke richardson
GRNRBITW
andrewt

old? geezers? 70 is the new 30.

i was told there'd be no math today...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 1, 2013 20:01

GRNRBITW
latebloomer
jamesfdouglas

I love when people on IORR pronounce the truth as if it's an edict from the gods......

you're welcome

Damnit, I really hate it when you make me laugh, makes it hard to stay mad.

...thanks Max, same to you! smileys with beer

Date: April 1, 2013 20:02

latebloomer
jamesfdouglas

I love when people on IORR pronounce the truth as if it's an edict from the gods...and yes, that's sarcasm jamesfdouglas. This is your opinion, same as anyone else's, no more and no less.

I'm sure they gave him a few milllion reasons to saddle up...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 1, 2013 22:32

Artistically the band haven't evolved one iota since the late 80s. The only thing that has happened is the fact that they have gotten older. Which doesn't make it better.
Compare with great jazz musicians: They continue to evolve and mature until they are too old to handle their instruments. In some cases well above the age of 80.

Date: April 1, 2013 22:49

OK we all go to work to get paid the most money we can make so why is it wrong when they do it?

Date: April 1, 2013 22:54

BitchKeepsBitchin
OK we all go to work to get paid the most money we can make so why is it wrong when they do it?

why don't you bitch more?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 1, 2013 23:04

GRNRBITW
BitchKeepsBitchin

Really, he does seem to have the wrong 'handle'.

It's like he's been mishandled.

Date: April 1, 2013 23:09

treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
BitchKeepsBitchin

it's like if my handle was SINCERELY or something...

Date: April 1, 2013 23:12

GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
BitchKeepsBitchin

Exactly what I'm saying. Or if your handle was FUNNY or something...same thing.

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: April 1, 2013 23:15

Of course they love playing, both together, and in different other projects. They don´t need money at all. They sell a lot of merchandise, book, albums, rereleases and spinoff products, and of course the royalties.

They would never play if they didn´t get a kick out of it. They are blues, jazz and rock men in their hearts and in every sense! And I love and respect them for that.

Date: April 1, 2013 23:28

treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
BitchKeepsBitchin

for my next incarnation, i've been toying with the idea of KNOWLEDGEABLE or maybe CLEVERGUY....

Date: April 1, 2013 23:31

GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
BitchKeepsBitchin

for my next incarnation, i've been toying with the idea of KNOWLEDGEABLE or maybe CLEVERGUY....

I like KNOWLEDGEABLE...it would ruffle some feathers.

Date: April 1, 2013 23:39

treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
BitchKeepsBitchin

I like KNOWLEDGEABLE...it would ruffle some feathers.

I was thinking of maybe spelling it without the second "e" to throw folks off...

Date: April 2, 2013 00:01

BitchKeepsBitchin

Ain't nothing wrong with it whatsoever. It's merely wise not to presume the waitress thinks you're cute because she smiled at you, ifyouknowhatimean.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 2, 2013 00:27

GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
BitchKeepsBitchin

How about DUMBASS.That would work for you too.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1946
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home