Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Pink Floyd
Date: February 9, 2005 14:51

I'm looking for a Floyd DVD called Delicate Sound Of Thunder.
It was from the Lapse of Reason tour.
I have looked everywhere with no luck, and was hoping someone here can direct me.
Was it ever made into a DVD?

Thanks for the help

dgs

Re: OT: Pink Floyd
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 9, 2005 14:55

I only have it on VHS, I have never seen a DVD version of that one.

Posted by: Manboobs1971 ()
Date: February 9, 2005 15:29

Hi DGS

I've seen a DVD of this on ebay - not sure whether the copies were legit or boots however.

Can you recommend a good Floyd DVD? The local shops only have a Making of Dark Side documentary or Live in Pompeii. I haven't watched either but am curious as to what is available.

ta
MB

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: February 9, 2005 16:14

Live in Pompeii is amazing, Floyd at their best..

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: February 9, 2005 22:19

Delicate sound of thunder, and PULSE have not legally been released yet on DVD. the latter is supposed to be coming out in March, and the former perhaps later in the year. Pompeii is awesome, and so is the Darkside DVD. I would also like to see a legitimate release of one of the Wall concerts. All I have is bootleg footage from one of them, but it looks like it could be cleaned up and perhaps legitimatly released some day. there has been talk in the floyd camp of Roger Waters perhaps releasing footage of one the gigs soon, although its not confirmed.

Posted by: CSD ()
Date: February 9, 2005 23:35

It was officially released on a double video disc by EMI in the U.K./Europe which would play on most DVD players as was Pulse.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: February 10, 2005 03:41

I believe Delicate Thnder was released on laserdisc
which is now circulating here and there burnt as a bootleg dvd.
Don't forget, this and Pulse are fun, but sans Roger Waters.
Pompeii is IMHO the best release by far, and is officially
available on DVD with lotsa neat extras!

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 10, 2005 11:55

There was some Wall footage officially released on DVD and sold over the net, there was an item in Record Collector on this.

Meanwhile Roger Waters has a couple of live DVDs out (I only have the CDs of these, the Wall is a celeb fest and okay but the 2CD from a couple of years ago is quite good).

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: February 10, 2005 15:58

whenever you have a legit dvd release question go to www.allmovie.com and you can look it up, pretty good site for info on film releases

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1914
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home