Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New YA YA´s CD Edition?
Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: March 16, 2013 10:30

found this on amazon, looks like the deluxe edition in a new style a bit, and cheaper...
[www.amazon.de]

Re: New YA YA´s CD Edition?
Posted by: mickjerome ()
Date: March 16, 2013 10:38

I think it's a "poisson d'avril"!Otherwise it would be great.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: March 16, 2013 12:15

Posted by: stones1962 ()
Date: March 16, 2013 13:11

It's now available for pre=order on Amazon.com in the States as well. Much more affordable then the box set. A great live album.

[www.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-16 13:13 by stones1962.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: March 16, 2013 13:29

Is it the same dvd as in the boxset?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 16, 2013 14:44

Could there be hope yet for a normal Brussels release...on vinyl?!

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: March 16, 2013 14:55

I wish they put the bonus tracks on the same CD, maybe that's sacreligious though.

Date: March 16, 2013 15:00

steffiestones, it's the same DVD.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 16, 2013 15:07

Hopefully they'll do something similar with the Charlie Is My Darling stuff.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 16, 2013 15:22

His Majesty
Hopefully they'll do something similar with the Charlie Is My Darling stuff.

Would be wonderful... A double CD with movie soundtrack & Live in England '65.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 16, 2013 15:32

Nothing new here.

"Rolling Stones fans worldwide will want to add this CD-sized version of 2009's critically acclaimed 40th Anniversary deluxe release"

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: ZantiMisfit ()
Date: March 16, 2013 16:23

It drives me crazy that ABKCO left off the quotation marks around the title of this album when they re-issued it in this version...the way it is is not correct. It's a quote. It's like leaving the quotation marks off of David Bowie's song '"Heroes".' Just sloppy and lazy.

Date: March 16, 2013 16:35

ZantiMisfit
It drives me crazy that ABKCO left off the quotation marks around the title of this album when they re-issued it in this version...the way it is is not correct. It's a quote. It's like leaving the quotation marks off of David Bowie's song '"Heroes".' Just sloppy and lazy.

The 2002 reissue cover - as it should be.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: March 16, 2013 16:51

Whaa? They finally released a DVD of a complete 1969 MSG show? Far out! Are the songs in the correct order? How is MR?

I cannot wait to get this!!!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 16, 2013 16:57

MILKYWAY
Whaa? They finally released a DVD of a complete 1969 MSG show? Far out! Are the songs in the correct order? How is MR?

Dream on!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: March 16, 2013 17:20

Deltics
MILKYWAY

Dream on!

winking smiley

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: March 16, 2013 19:30

Dumb. When the deluxe edition came out I and many other people did the obvious and constructed our own "Ya-Ya's" to run as a full show with the songs played in the performed order. I included a complete SFTD with a spliced in missing verse. I also included as bonus tracks JJF ("Welcome to the breakfast show!"), GS and Satisfaction from the movie. The disc is terrific. This is the version I listen to. I suggest ABKCO release a complete show (in order) and try to keep the edited between songs comments as true as possible. This is one classic album that CAN be improved. The release of the deluxe edition made the original release obsolete.

Date: March 17, 2013 03:02

pmk251
Dumb. When the deluxe edition came out I and many other people did the obvious and constructed our own "Ya-Ya's" to run as a full show with the songs played in the performed order. I included a complete SFTD with a spliced in missing verse. I also included as bonus tracks JJF ("Welcome to the breakfast show!" ) , GS and Satisfaction from the movie. The disc is terrific. This is the version I listen to. I suggest ABKCO release a complete show (in order) and try to keep the edited between songs comments as true as possible. This is one classic album that CAN be improved. The release of the deluxe edition made the original release obsolete.

Um, is there any way I would be able to get a copy of this? It sounds awesome. I am technically-challenged and cannot make a copy of my own.

Thanks.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: March 17, 2013 06:01

MILKYWAY
pmk251
Dumb. When the deluxe edition came out I and many other people did the obvious and constructed our own "Ya-Ya's" to run as a full show with the songs played in the performed order. I included a complete SFTD with a spliced in missing verse. I also included as bonus tracks JJF ("Welcome to the breakfast show!" ) , GS and Satisfaction from the movie. The disc is terrific. This is the version I listen to. I suggest ABKCO release a complete show (in order) and try to keep the edited between songs comments as true as possible. This is one classic album that CAN be improved. The release of the deluxe edition made the original release obsolete.

Um, is there any way I would be able to get a copy of this? It sounds awesome. I am technically-challenged and cannot make a copy of my own.

Thanks.

Try my email.

Date: March 17, 2013 06:39

pmk251
Dumb. When the deluxe edition came out I and many other people did the obvious and constructed our own "Ya-Ya's" to run as a full show with the songs played in the performed order. I included a complete SFTD with a spliced in missing verse. I also included as bonus tracks JJF ("Welcome to the breakfast show!"), GS and Satisfaction from the movie. The disc is terrific. This is the version I listen to. I suggest ABKCO release a complete show (in order) and try to keep the edited between songs comments as true as possible. This is one classic album that CAN be improved. The release of the deluxe edition made the original release obsolete.

I assume they probably can't, due to legal reasons, alter the running order etc of the original album.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: March 17, 2013 06:48

His Majesty
pmk251

I assume they probably can't, due to legal reasons, alter the running order etc of the original album.

Then they should have the original album on disc one, with a complete 1969 US tour show with no overdubs on disc two.

Date: March 17, 2013 06:54

Be thankful you even have ya-ya's deluxe.

Date: March 17, 2013 09:48

ab
His Majesty
pmk251

Then they should have the original album on disc one, with a complete 1969 US tour show with no overdubs on disc two.

I remember reading somewhere (most probably here) that Abkco, due to legal issues, can't change anything to the original albums - even adding bonus tracks to the original track list.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 17, 2013 14:06

But wait, there is more! winking smiley
[www.abkco.com]

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 17, 2013 16:24

kowalski
ab
His Majesty
pmk251

I remember reading somewhere (most probably here) that Abkco, due to legal issues, can't change anything to the original albums - even adding bonus tracks to the original track list.

although a compliation they actually did...

Date: March 17, 2013 17:54

shortfatfanny
kowalski
ab
His Majesty
pmk251

although a compliation they actually did...

Post contract compilation though?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1031
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home