Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Exile On Main Street Deluxe MP3 for just 0.49 EUR (amazon.de)
Posted by: Sir Oliver ()
Date: March 15, 2013 22:39

Just a little hint for those of you who might be interested in a legal MP3 copy of the Exile Deluxe Edition for whatever reason - the FULL DELUXE MP3 ALBUM is for sale at just 0.49 EUR at amazon.de.

[www.amazon.de]

This might be a pricing error - however the same thing happened in October last year and as you can download right away they have no chance to cancel your order. :-)

You can use your amazon.co.uk/com accounts to buy.

Re: Exile On Main Street Deluxe MP3 for just 0.49 EUR (amazon.de)
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 15, 2013 23:17

Hi there.

Tried it - works!

Only thing is: if I see that correctly, the sampling bitrate is 128 only ... ususally I sample CDs at 192 and up ...

But then again: it's just 50cts. ...

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 16, 2013 23:54

out of curiousity, why would you waste even 0.50 on it? can't you just rip your own cd to 128kbs for free?

Posted by: Sir Oliver ()
Date: March 17, 2013 00:25

LeonidP
out of curiousity, why would you waste even 0.50 on it? can't you just rip your own cd to 128kbs for free?

That´s true if you own the DELUXE CD edition and that´s why I wrote "if you need it for whatever reason". :-) This could be letting know non-die hard friends about it or if you too lazy ripping them yourself - or whatever.

I personally did not buy, as I hate MP3 anyway and avoid it whenever I can - well if it is really encoded with 128kbs it is a shame - it is not written in the description! It is probably VBR MP3, so it changes during the song, but 128kbs? That´s crap!

All the FREE MP3s I got from Amazon were at least 192-256 VBR MP3s - I did never and will never PAY for ANY MP3s - not even 0.49 EUR for a full album...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-17 00:29 by Sir Oliver.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: March 17, 2013 13:00

There is not much sense in buying this. Very little of it will go their way.
You might as well torrent.
There is a lot of sense in buying the bootleg series on the stones website. Most of that will go their way, and it may incentivize them to continue the series.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 17, 2013 13:17

"If it's mp3 it should be given for free" smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 17, 2013 15:38

I've seen amazon.de do this before with Exile, I think another album as well. Love to know what the rationale is for doing this, as no one is obviously making any money.

Maybe they're just trying to unload some of their digital inventory?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 17, 2013 16:03

treaclefingers
Love to know what the rationale is for doing this, as no one is obviously making any money.

with those special offers they're trying to get people used to download stuff from amazon's site (and not from itunes etc)

Date: March 17, 2013 19:26

slewan
treaclefingers
Love to know what the rationale is for doing this, as no one is obviously making any money.

with those special offers they're trying to get people used to download stuff from amazon's site (and not from itunes etc)

yes, a 'loss leader'. But even still are they actually getting thousands and thousands of people coming, looking and downloading? Wouldn't that reflect in their sales charts?

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 18, 2013 05:05

Sir Oliver
LeonidP

That´s true if you own the DELUXE CD edition and that´s why I wrote "if you need it for whatever reason". :-) ..

Good point! I guess I assume everyone on this board has it but obviously that is not necessarily true ...

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 18, 2013 05:33

Sir Oliver
Just a little hint for those of you who might be interested in a legal MP3 copy of the Exile Deluxe Edition for whatever reason - the FULL DELUXE MP3 ALBUM is for sale at just 0.49 EUR at amazon.de.

[www.amazon.de]

This might be a pricing error - however the same thing happened in October last year and as you can download right away they have no chance to cancel your order. :-)

Single MP3 Mick Jagger songs are twice as expensive as all of Exile Deluxe on the same site: www.amazon.de

>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<

Date: March 18, 2013 11:24

dcba
"If it's mp3 it should be given for free" smoking smiley

If it's MP3 with bit rate 320, you will probably not be able to tell the difference from WAV or FLAC...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 18, 2013 12:13

uhbuhgullayew
Sir Oliver

[www.amazon.de]

Single MP3 Mick Jagger songs are twice as expensive as all of Exile Deluxe on the same site: www.amazon.de

*Sir* Mick, that is. No wonder about the price difference....Rolling Stones were just a bunch of rockers, while Jagger's a Sir

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 18, 2013 15:01

Sir Mick

Date: March 18, 2013 15:08

Erik_Snow
uhbuhgullayew
Sir Oliver

[www.amazon.de]

*Sir* Mick, that is. No wonder about the price difference....Rolling Stones were just a bunch of rockers, while Jagger's a Sir

I don't like the arguing about this...why don't we sing this song altogether, see what happens?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1754
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home