Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick Taylor In Spain
Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: March 8, 2013 13:14

71Tele
talkcheap
Taylor has become very overweight. He does not play to good nowedays

Thanks for that news flash.

Always ready to say the truth whatever it is

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: March 8, 2013 13:23

bye bye johnny

I'm his biggest fan, but apart from his tone and talent he has reached the level of Ron Wood. WTF is going on with him?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 8, 2013 13:30

VT22
bye bye johnny

I'm his biggest fan, but apart from his tone and talent he has reached the level of Ron Wood. WTF is going on with him?

He sounds better and more confident there than he did, say, about 2 years ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-08 13:31 by His Majesty.

Date: March 8, 2013 13:42

Thanks, that helps.

Date: March 8, 2013 14:27

crawdaddy
Only just noticed DandielionPowderman posted about cancellations way back on Feb 20th.
Funny that he still plays the Spanish gigs.
I am an optomist and hope it is not because of a pre-booked stay in hospital.
I realy hope that it's another good sign that The Rolling Stones tour will be announced soon with Mick as a guest again.
Anyway,have we got any reviews or setlist of the Madrid show ? winking smiley

Stones tour late spring in the US is the word on the street...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 8, 2013 16:47

talkcheap
treaclefingers
talkcheap

He's definitely off the Rolling Stones cross country running team but I think he can still lift his guitar, so we're probably ok.

Its hard work to play for 2.5 hours

It actually is hard work and being in shape definitely is an advantage. But he can do it I think.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 8, 2013 16:49

Thanks for the pics and video bye bye johnny! Tienes más?

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: March 8, 2013 17:30

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 8, 2013 17:34

treaclefingers
talkcheap
treaclefingers
talkcheap

He's definitely off the Rolling Stones cross country running team but I think he can still lift his guitar, so we're probably ok.

It actually is hard work and being in shape definitely is an advantage. But he can do it I think.

When's the last time The Stones played for 2.5 hours?

Date: March 8, 2013 17:40

uhbuhgullayew
treaclefingers
talkcheap
treaclefingers
talkcheap

That's easy winking smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 8, 2013 17:52

Oigo Fotos blog includes a show review - [oigofotos.wordpress.com]

Posted by: viejorolinga ()
Date: March 8, 2013 18:28

Mick Taylor in "la Sala Sol" in Madrid. (EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS)

IORR THANKS!!!!

[]

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: March 8, 2013 22:07

Thanks bye bye johnny

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 8, 2013 22:36

DandelionPowderman
uhbuhgullayew
treaclefingers
talkcheap
treaclefingers
talkcheap

That's easy winking smiley

sorry my friend...you're easily 3 minutes shy there.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 9, 2013 00:39

DandelionPowderman
stonehearted
champ72
Hmmm..my tickets for Sydney were refunded due to "ill health" ... but he is ok to play in Spain 7 weeks earlier. Something fishy here....someone had suggested the Oz dates were booked without his blessing so maybe that's it..

He will be joining The Stones for part 2 of their 50 and Counting tour and will be rehearsing with the band as well, so those gigs had to be removed. It would have been bad form to say that he cancelled for something bigger and better, so "ill health" has been given as the official reason. Illness is not something one plans ahead for, like a vacation.

No, it's not. However, undergoing surgery, or similar stuff, might be planned - for instance...

I get your point. And you are right, he is undergoing surgery soon--he's having a malignant chip removed from his shoulder.smiling smiley

Date: March 9, 2013 00:54

From Black Music Festival:

Ladies @ gentlemen : Mick taylor is on the stage

[twitter.com]

Date: March 9, 2013 05:40

Another nice clip from El Sol. Many thanks to the uploader.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: March 9, 2013 06:22

Have been a great supporter of MT but since he cancelled the OZ tour haven't bothered to listen to anything of his since, credibility at an all time low for me at the minute.

Date: March 9, 2013 08:07

Having said that here is an old one with Al Kooper.

Date: March 9, 2013 09:25

Thanks for the upload, never heard before.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 9, 2013 10:59

lapaz62
Have been a great supporter of MT but since he cancelled the OZ tour haven't bothered to listen to anything of his since, credibility at an all time low for me at the minute.
Couldn't you imagine that a trip to Australia could have been hazardous to his health despite the fact that he is now in Spain, just a 2-hour-flight away?

Date: March 9, 2013 12:56

Harm
lapaz62
Couldn't you imagine that a trip to Australia could have been hazardous to his health despite the fact that he is now in Spain, just a 2-hour-flight away?

The flight has little to do with it, MT or people around him just thinks there is a chance of a Stones payday coming up and he needs to keep free in case the call comes, its that simple.

Date: March 9, 2013 13:10

lapaz62
Harm
lapaz62

The flight has little to do with it, MT or people around him just thinks there is a chance of a Stones payday coming up and he needs to keep free in case the call comes, its that simple.
Okay, I'm being selfish now, sorry about that, but if that's the reason, that's fine by me too because I'm planning on seeing the Stones in London and WITH MT that's even better...but again, too bad for the fans down there...but don't waste too much energy in being angry, life is short. BTW go and see DeWolff next week...great band...great gitar player...check it out please. They will tour in Australia

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 9, 2013 16:03

Yeah, DeWolff are a great band. Go see them and enjoy ,!

jeroen

Date: March 9, 2013 23:14

Harm
I'm being selfish now, sorry about that, but if that's the reason, that's fine by me too because I'm planning on seeing the Stones in London and WITH MT that's even better...but again, too bad for the fans down there...but don't waste too much energy in being angry, life is short. BTW go and see DeWolff next week...great band...great gitar player...check it out please. They will tour in Australia

I agree on that.. Your apparent moderation conceals a trap though. Why travel to London to see the Stones when DeWollf is frequently playing close to one's hometown?

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: March 10, 2013 00:09

Date: March 10, 2013 00:42

VT22
Harm
I'm being selfish now, sorry about that, but if that's the reason, that's fine by me too because I'm planning on seeing the Stones in London and WITH MT that's even better...but again, too bad for the fans down there...but don't waste too much energy in being angry, life is short. BTW go and see DeWolff next week...great band...great gitar player...check it out please. They will tour in Australia

I agree on that.. Your apparent moderation conceals a trap though. Why travel to London to see the Stones when DeWollf is frequently playing close to one's hometown?
I go and see both...BTW,I talked to Pablo (gitarist and vocalist of the band), talking about the Stones and he said he liked the MT years (as most of us do). But he discoverd Exile just a few monts ago actually. He listend to Exile over and over and over again and told me that that was the sound he somehow wants. Cool....Then a gave the band Westvleteren as a present....

Date: March 10, 2013 01:48

I hope they drink it in their spare time then.

Date: March 10, 2013 02:22

VT22
I hope they drink it in their spare time then.
Well, they drink during the concert, one or two regular beers....but I warned them about Westvletren...They said, yes daddy, we won't drink this before the concert

Date: March 10, 2013 03:43

Another from El Sol, Girona.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1171
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home