Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mick Taylor In Spain
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 7, 2013 19:52

Interesting piece in El Pais about Mick Taylor, who's in Spain for shows tonight and tomorrow, including some comments from MT:

An enigma called Mick Taylor

[ccaa.elpais.com]

Re: Mick Taylor In Spain
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 7, 2013 19:56

Could you translate please.
Thanks
Jeroen

Date: March 7, 2013 22:04

Mick Taylor's Soundcheck @ El Sol!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 7, 2013 22:25

Anyone noticed his gigs in Scotland and Oz have been cancelled.
Hope it isn't ill health 'cos he looks great.
Could it be something upcoming that he is taking part in with rehearsals etc fairly soon.
I realy hope so. smileys with beer

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: March 7, 2013 22:43

Hmmm..my tickets for Sydney were refunded due to "ill health" ... but he is ok to play in Spain 7 weeks earlier. Something fishy here....someone had suggested the Oz dates were booked without his blessing so maybe that's it..

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 7, 2013 22:50

champ72
Hmmm..my tickets for Sydney were refunded due to "ill health" ... but he is ok to play in Spain 7 weeks earlier. Something fishy here....someone had suggested the Oz dates were booked without his blessing so maybe that's it..

He will be joining The Stones for part 2 of their 50 and Counting tour and will be rehearsing with the band as well, so those gigs had to be removed. It would have been bad form to say that he cancelled for something bigger and better, so "ill health" has been given as the official reason. Illness is not something one plans ahead for, like a vacation.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 7, 2013 22:52

Hope he will be at the Wembley Gigs.

jeroen

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 7, 2013 23:07

stonehearted
champ72

He will be joining The Stones for part 2 of their 50 and Counting tour and will be rehearsing with the band as well, so those gigs had to be removed. It would have been bad form to say that he cancelled for something bigger and better, so "ill health" has been given as the official reason. Illness is not something one plans ahead for, like a vacation.

Something bigger and better being The Stones - I would think that ticketholders would understand this fact and appreciate the truth rather than being fed a load of garbage.

Date: March 7, 2013 23:41

stonehearted
champ72

These two shows in Spain have been bookended by cancellations citing "ill health".

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 7, 2013 23:43

These two shows in Spain have been bookended by cancellations citing "ill health".

Mick Taylor in pain ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: March 8, 2013 00:02

Taylor has become very overweight. He does not play to good nowedays

Date: March 8, 2013 00:13

Mick Taylor is playing better than ever and looking great.

I reckon he is realy looking forward to the next few months.

winking smiley

Date: March 8, 2013 00:19

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 8, 2013 00:25

Thanks bye bye johnny

How many people are at the show? How much were tickets?

Date: March 8, 2013 00:26

I see Max on keyboards is there. Thanks for the pics. Hope the gigs go well. smileys with beer

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 8, 2013 00:41

uhbuhgullayew
stonehearted
champ72

Something bigger and better being The Stones - I would think that ticketholders would understand this fact and appreciate the truth rather than being fed a load of garbage.

I imagine the ill health excuse is more for the promoters than the ticketholders, who, as you rightly say, would understand.

Date: March 8, 2013 01:12

stonehearted
champ72

How do you know this? I don't even think the Stones know for sure.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: March 8, 2013 01:13

Date: March 8, 2013 01:16

crawdaddy

winking smiley

He played better in the 70's and he looks fat and tired. But maybe that is what you call "looking great".

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 8, 2013 01:36

talkcheap

He's definitely off the Rolling Stones cross country running team but I think he can still lift his guitar, so we're probably ok.

Date: March 8, 2013 01:53

treaclefingers
talkcheap

He's definitely off the Rolling Stones cross country running team but I think he can still lift his guitar, so we're probably ok.

Its hard work to play for 2.5 hours

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: March 8, 2013 02:13

Lovely version

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: March 8, 2013 04:26

Many thanks for the info and pix!

Is there any sound to accompany the pix?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 8, 2013 05:32

talkcheap

Thanks for that news flash.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 8, 2013 08:58

Hamish on guitar too, I guess he could have an operation planned, hence the cancellations, but it seems unlikely. The "surprises" might be more songs with Mick Taylor...I mean, they have to come up with something "new"! I'll pay for that!

Date: March 8, 2013 09:46

talkcheap
crawdaddy

winking smiley

He played better in the 70's and he looks fat and tired. But maybe that is what you call "looking great".
Made a mistake saying playing better,cos nothing will beat his playing with The Stones in the'70's. Still a damned good guitar player though.
Relatively speaking,compared to his appearance over the years,he is looking O.K.
None of us will ever look the same as in our twenties.............not even Mick and Keef. winking smiley

Date: March 8, 2013 12:21

stonehearted
champ72

No, it's not. However, undergoing surgery, or similar stuff, might be planned - for instance...

Date: March 8, 2013 12:56

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: March 8, 2013 12:59

Spain is not a good country to get ill for a guitarist, see: Alvin lee, Gary Moore

Date: March 8, 2013 13:04

Only just noticed DandielionPowderman posted about cancellations way back on Feb 20th.
Funny that he still plays the Spanish gigs.
I am an optomist and hope it is not because of a pre-booked stay in hospital.
I realy hope that it's another good sign that The Rolling Stones tour will be announced soon with Mick as a guest again.
Anyway,have we got any reviews or setlist of the Madrid show ? winking smiley

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home