Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: Thirty Years Married to a Rolling Stone
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 2, 2013 17:19

2000 LYFH
"Finally, Mick Jagger hired Jo to get him to concerts on time with his guitars and proper clothing".

I would have thought they all more or less stay in the same Hotel while on tour and the tour manager would have personnel to see to it that they are there on time! He even has to bring his own guitars? What? He's got dozens that travel with all the rest of the gear. What am I missing here?confused smiley

Quite often Ronnie was in the doghouse with Mick and Jo, so he was not at the same hotel...

Re: Thirty Years Married to a Rolling Stone
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 2, 2013 20:53

And you think it's fun being Mick Jagger...worrying about the drug problems of Ronnie and Keith for many a year.

Re: How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years - Jo Wood tells definitive explosive story
Date: September 2, 2013 20:56

Fun record of the last century.

Re: How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years - Jo Wood tells definitive explosive story
Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: September 2, 2013 21:40

she should thank her god every day for the fact that she got married with ronnie.
let's be serious

Date: September 2, 2013 22:50

She wanted to marry him and paid the price.
One hour with the self-centered Ronnie would be plenty.

Re: How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 2, 2013 23:54

After reading the book, I don't think that Jo was sorry she married Ron Wood. In fact, she repeatedly speaks of him as the love of her life. I think the price she paid was to her self esteem for putting up with the worst of his behavior after she had stopped drugging and drinking. She is very positive at the end of the book about her life now, so I'd say Jo has come out ahead on all counts in the end.

Re: How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years
Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: September 3, 2013 00:06

I enjoyed the book - I definitely got my money's worth for the $2.99 or whatever it was I paid for the kindle version. It made for a pleasant afternoon of reading. Jo comes off as a bit of a ditz but extremely sweet and patient with a great sense of humor. Ronnie's basically an 8 year old. Keith is the voice of reason and Mick's a bit distant.

In short, nothing new but there are worse ways to kill a couple of hours.

Hey Jo
Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: October 2, 2013 19:03

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-02 20:55 by tumbled.

Re: Jo Wood: How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years
Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: October 2, 2013 20:59

I need to read this book, she was by and large very well liked among the Stones management and crew.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 2, 2013 21:18

hard to feel bad for jo . she knew what she was getting herself into from the get go . ronnie did not all of a sudden change his stripes overnight after all . i am not picking sides in there marriage (he is a rolling stone after all ) but jo lived the good life from her relationship with ronnie and when things ended she cashed in by doing a tawdry tell all book and getting paid handsomly for snithching on Rocking Ronnie Wood !!!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 2, 2013 21:33

TheGreek
hard to feel bad for jo . she knew what she was getting herself into from the get go . ronnie did not all of a sudden change his stripes overnight after all . i am not picking sides in there marriage (he is a rolling stone after all ) but jo lived the good life from her relationship with ronnie and when things ended she cashed in by doing a tawdry tell all book and getting paid handsomly for snithching on Rocking Ronnie Wood !!!
so how would you feel if you decided to pick sides?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 2, 2013 21:41

Rokyfan
TheGreek
so how would you feel if you decided to pick sides?
probably more pissed than she was . i would not write the book .

Jo Wood book
Posted by: MrHappy ()
Date: October 7, 2013 22:52

Thinking about getting Jo Wood's book on her "30 Years with Ronne Wood and the Rolling Stones."
Good read? Garbage?
What's the verdict?

Re: Jo Wood book
Date: October 8, 2013 03:55

Why bother with it. I'm surprised Jo isn't brain dead after all those years with Ronnie. I guess signing for room service must have been worth it until she discovered Sainsbury's.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 8, 2013 10:19

35 years is a damn long time. In those circles only Charlie and Shirley have outlived that... Keith and that model wife of his is getting there...

To me the term "destroying" sounds a bit far-reached. Be happy it lasted so long...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-08 10:20 by Doxa.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 8, 2013 14:53

five years of sobriety, thirty years of blotto...grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1312
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home