Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years - Jo Wood tells definitive explosive story
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 17, 2013 19:16

bleedingman
I guess Ronnie doesn't wear a wig after all, or else I'm sure Jo would have said something about it. Not to mention posting a pic or two. THAT would hurt!

Wonder if that's part of the divorce agreement? haha Not that it matters I guess but all the later pics I've seen of the older male members and his brothers...well, they are all bald..(of course I'm sure I haven't seen pics of ALL of them)

Re: How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years - Jo Wood tells definitive explosive story
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 17, 2013 22:55

scottkeef
bleedingman
I guess Ronnie doesn't wear a wig after all, or else I'm sure Jo would have said something about it. Not to mention posting a pic or two. THAT would hurt!

Wonder if that's part of the divorce agreement? haha Not that it matters I guess but all the later pics I've seen of the older male members and his brothers...well, they are all bald..(of course I'm sure I haven't seen pics of ALL of them)

Jo says in the book that her divorce "recovery" started after she—while in bed—read on the "agony-aunt" page of a newspaper a woman complain that after five years she missed her husband so much and couldn't even sleep on his side of the bed.

JO: "Jesus, I thought. That poor woman! I glanced to the side of the bed where Ronnie used to sleep. I could almost see him lying there still, his black hair contrasting against the white of the pillow."

She didn't say, "...his bald head, with his toupee on the nightstand."

P.S. Jo immediately moved to Ronnie's side of the bed.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: June 17, 2013 23:59

She was talking about the cat.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 18, 2013 00:02

Title5Take1
scottkeef
bleedingman

Jo says in the book that her divorce "recovery" started after she—while in bed—read on the "agony-aunt" page of a newspaper a woman complain that after five years she missed her husband so much and couldn't even sleep on his side of the bed.

JO: "Jesus, I thought. That poor woman! I glanced to the side of the bed where Ronnie used to sleep. I could almost see him lying there still, his black hair contrasting against the white of the pillow."

She didn't say, "...his bald head, with his toupee on the nightstand."

P.S. Jo immediately moved to Ronnie's side of the bed.

It's never been a question of whether Ronnie wears a wig, but of whether he dyes his hair. Ronnie himself has claimed that the water gypsy lineage in his blood has kept the pigment in his hair dark.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 18, 2013 00:16

Torres, that is the first laugh out loud laugh I've uttered in a long time whilst reading IORR posts.

I have known a number of ladies married to big deal rock stars. Some of them were lovely people who also enjoyed the life style. A few were dumb sluts who loved to shop. Sooner or later they all filed for divorce.

Jo Wood must set the alltime record for not knowing when the hell to get out. She apparently had a problem with herself. The "partying" just ain't worth it.

Years ago, I was asked by a mutual friend to "counsel" a very nice woman with several children who was trying to make up her mind about leaving her Very Big Deal musician/writer husband. I did not know her...did know him...but I also knew I would be blunt and honest and I didn't think I should get involved. So I did not.

She did leave, the kids are grown and appear to have turned out well. This woman did not write a book; she had too much class.

What I learned along the way, as much as I did not want to believe it, is that men who get too much success, money and asskissing often have a problem when it comes to responsibility offstage. They can write about love, sing about love, but they don't know how to...love.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 01:38 by stonesrule.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: June 18, 2013 00:32

I had decided not to buy this as like many here, felt loyal to Ronnie and didn't want to support a cash grab released to air dirty laundry...

but..

I broke down and bought the ebook. It is quite good, though yes of course written from Jo's point of view, Ronnie hardly appears to be a model husband but Jo didn't mind the aloof behaivor, late nights and wild parties untill she got sick, slowed down and Ronnie kept on rockin. Ronnie never really changed, Jo matured and Ronnie still was acting like he was 25..that was the real problem.

It really is a good window into the Stones late 70s and early 80 wild times.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 18, 2013 01:01

lettingitbleed

I broke down and bought the ebook. It is quite good, though yes of course written from Jo's point of view, Ronnie hardly appears to be a model husband but Jo didn't mind the aloof behaivor, late nights and wild parties untill she got sick, slowed down and Ronnie kept on rockin. Ronnie never really changed, Jo matured and Ronnie still was acting like he was 25..that was the real problem.

Agree with your review, lettingitbleed. Jo was really wild in her youth, it's what the two of them had most in common. But, she quit the drugs and he started to think of her as a drag and a nag.

Stonesrule is right too...if it wasn't so sad, it would have been laughable how many times Jo chose to ignore Ronnie's infidelities, always accepting his explanation of, "we're just drinking buddies!" Right, Ronnnie...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 18, 2013 01:22

Got my local library to order it so they checked it out to me. I'm reading it now and then will go back and review the coments, and react. Yes, she was a bit of a wild child to start.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 18, 2013 01:24

so MUCH blow! Man....as much as you imagine Keef and Ron were doing...they really were!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 18, 2013 01:52

lettingitbleed
I had decided not to buy this as like many here, felt loyal to Ronnie and didn't want to support a cash grab released to air dirty laundry...

but..

both RW and KR and even Patti Hansen sent out tweets with photos of them reading the book....so they are part of the publicity machine.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 18, 2013 03:00

Tacky if true.

On second thought, having a photo taken doesn't mean they interrupted their schedules to read the book.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 03:01 by stonesrule.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: June 18, 2013 03:54

stonehearted

It's never been a question of whether Ronnie wears a wig, but of whether he dyes his hair. Ronnie himself has claimed that the water gypsy lineage in his blood has kept the pigment in his hair dark.

You only have to look as far as his latest album. One of the lyrics goes something like: "and you wonder why I still dye my hair."

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 18, 2013 07:26

---------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 17:42 by 71Tele.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 18, 2013 10:00

I do wonder what Jo thinks about: Why has Ronnie managed to stay sober for the first time in his life only after they divorced? Could be unrelated....

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 18, 2013 10:52

Title5Take1
I do wonder what Jo thinks about: Why has Ronnie managed to stay sober for the first time in his life only after they divorced? Could be unrelated....

Lol!!! I have used this counterargument myself........."but after I burn this, you're not QUITE such a bitch......"

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 19, 2013 07:22

In 2006, a writer in my area was outside the hotel the Stones were staying in and it was very, very early in the morning like 5am Sunday or something like that. He wrote that Ronnie came out to walk his dog and he wasn't wearing his wig and that he was completely bald. Wasn't his father also completely bald? It would make sense. But if I were Ronnie, I would wear one too. I think it looks good on him. More men should wear them, if only the best styles were made for all men. Some of them are soooo bad and horribly unreal looking.

Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: July 31, 2013 06:10

DandelionPowderman
Wasn't Ronnie married to Krissie when Jo joined this "new world"?

He sure was!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 31, 2013 07:07

sanQ
In 2006, a writer in my area was outside the hotel the Stones were staying in and it was very, very early in the morning like 5am Sunday or something like that. He wrote that Ronnie came out to walk his dog and he wasn't wearing his wig and that he was completely bald. Wasn't his father also completely bald? It would make sense. But if I were Ronnie, I would wear one too. I think it looks good on him. More men should wear them, if only the best styles were made for all men. Some of them are soooo bad and horribly unreal looking.

There is no photographic evidence on the web of Ronnie being bald--you can't even find a photoshopped image.

If that writer was outside the hotel--presumably hanging around--wouldn't he have had a camera? Guess not.

Would Ronnie wake up at 5 am on a Sunday to walk his dog after having been on stage until nearly midnight the night before? Would Ronnie be taking his dog on tour?

He dyes his hair--but only because he has hair to dye.

That writer who wrote that he saw bald Ronnie walking his dog at 5 am should probably hang on to his day job.

Hypothetically speaking, why would Ronnie walk outside without his wig? Someone might be out there with a camera, and then there would be photographic evidence all over the web, but there isn't, so it can't true.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 31, 2013 07:23

Without Ronnie, no-one would know who thi sold trollop is. Who care's what she thinks? Jesus feckin' Christ!

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: July 31, 2013 10:40

sanQ

The writer was talking about the dog...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 31, 2013 11:45

Now that really DID make me laugh. grinning smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 31, 2013 11:50

Torres

smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: July 31, 2013 13:07

Torres
sanQ

You mean it was the dog who walked Ronnie..; uuuh

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 31, 2013 13:33

No, Ronnie was walking the writer's dog...the bald one.

Ronnie's dog was still in the hotel, sniffing around the poodles.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 31, 2013 13:59

LOL spud, you dog smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 31, 2013 16:39

I'm beginning to wonder what kind of hair those who wonder about Ronnie's hair have. grinning smiley

After skimming through Jo's book the first time, I went back and read it more carefully last month. I think she's incredibly kind to Ronnie, always emphasizing how much she loved him and how talented he is, even when she is telling the really dark stuff. It's a great window into the whole Stones operation, the personalities of the guys, and gives some insight into where Ronnie's behavior came from. His Dad was a real piece of work, apparently treating his wife so badly that she refused to go to his funeral.

It's worth a read for any Rolling Stones fan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-31 16:56 by latebloomer.

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: July 31, 2013 17:29

Once again, Keith comes out as a great guy, loyal friend, in this one more book....
Could all of these people be wrong?( Jo, Bill German,Stanley Boothe, Ian Maclagan,Jimmy Phelge, Bobby Keys, etc)

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: July 31, 2013 17:51

Ronnie is a slap head. Has been for years.

Ronnie never even tried the hair implant or hair poltus treatments that Keith has used for years.

Keith went on the cheap with the hair implants initially until he figured it out & spent some real $$ on a series of quality implants. The poltus's were just too much trouble to maintain in order to get any real results.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 31, 2013 17:58

1cdog
Ronnie is a slap head. Has been for years.

Ronnie never even tried the hair implant or hair poltus treatments that Keith has used for years.

Keith went on the cheap with the hair implants initially until he figured it out & spent some real $$ on a series of quality implants. The poltus's were just too much trouble to maintain in order to get any real results.

what is a slap head

Date: July 31, 2013 18:12

Oh come on! Ronnie may dye but he certainly is not bald! To say otherwise you would just have to be jelous.

..and the line from Lucky Man on the new album is "that's why I still got my hair"

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1612
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home