Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years - Jo Wood tells definitive explosive story
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 24, 2013 19:12

well its alot different when your doctor tells you that you will die if you dont stop than it is your wife busting balls all the time when she has the same addictions as you

Re: How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years - Jo Wood tells definitive explosive story
Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: February 24, 2013 19:18

gotdablouse
Wow, what a f****d up world Ronnie lives in...wonder if he's changed?

Don't remember seeing that picture, can't be from a Stones tour in 1992 though as claimed "Height of fame: Jo, Ronnie and a sleeping Keith Richards on a private jet during a Rolling Stones tour in 1992"

New Barbarians tour 1979?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 24, 2013 19:22

JJHMick
gotdablouse

Don't remember seeing that picture, can't be from a Stones tour in 1992 though as claimed "Height of fame: Jo, Ronnie and a sleeping Keith Richards on a private jet during a Rolling Stones tour in 1992"

They look a little too old...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 24, 2013 19:24

The date is on the picture: '92 4 10.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 24, 2013 19:32

treaclefingers
JJHMick
gotdablouse

They look a little too old...

Keith is only taking a nap. As picture indicates the other drink involved is by the woman, whom is is not fully seen holding a Cosmopolitan Magazine.

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: February 24, 2013 19:36

She let him off the hook so many times that he must of thought he was indestructible. She's so hot though, he should of hung on to her.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: February 24, 2013 19:41

gotdablouse

There is something like a screen near the windows. 1992 is too far for this kind of technology.

Posted by: The Wick ()
Date: February 24, 2013 20:17

Do people who are slagging Jo off realize what she did for him? How any one in their right mind can claim she was the one to blame or that she needs to keep quiet about it is beyond reason. If she wants to write a book, then good on her and I hope she makes a lot of money after the shameful way she was treated. Now cue the usual BS about how she lived a luxury lifestyle and traveled the world and what not. He should be ashamed of how he treated her and their children.

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: February 24, 2013 20:20

There is something like a screen near the windows. 1992 is too far for this kind of technology.

Probably one of those portable pocket TV's they brought with them. Keith looks to old for it to be much earlier than '92. Plus there's a date stamp on it, i know that could be wrong but it's unlikely to be.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 24, 2013 20:34

gotdablouse

The date is on the picture. We know there was no Stones tour in 1992. What, they were just cruising around in a private jet for the hell of it? Is it from April 10th or October 4th?

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: February 24, 2013 20:59

Sicko!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 24, 2013 21:07

Just plain sad.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 24, 2013 21:41

gotdablouse
During, check out the infamous Nick Kent article I unearthed last year : [www.iorr.org]

Ok so let's read that Jo thingy now!

I think this is BS from Nick Kent.

Never liked the guy.

He exaggerated (hey.. he's a journalist).

He described Keith punching Ronnie during "She's so cold" at Wembley.

That's not the one I've seen.

Him and Charles Shar Murray... egos bigger than Mick and Keiths.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-24 21:42 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 25, 2013 00:33

latebloomer
Honestly, who can you really tell from that picture anything other than Keith fell asleep in an awkward position?

Who says he's asleep and not demonstrating how he uncricks his back (for example)?
Most of the photos accompanying the piece were plainly chosen to be unflattering to as many Stones as possible, so ... [shrug]

Meanwhile, it's not quite clear whether that date on the photo is April or October 1992,
but both of those months were quite active for Keith and Ronnie, who were both making albums, preparing tours,
appearing at various events, etc etc - not together, but certainly enough to share a plane somewhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-25 00:45 by with sssoul.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 25, 2013 00:59

with sssoul
latebloomer
Honestly, who can really tell from that picture anything other than Keith fell asleep in an awkward position?

Who says he's asleep and not demonstrating how he uncricks his back (for example)?
Most of the photos accompanying the piece were plainly chosen to be unflattering to as many Stones as possible, so ... [shrug]

Meanwhile, it's not quite clear whether that date on the photo is April or October 1992,
but both of those months were quite active for Keith and Ronnie, who were both making albums, preparing tours,
appearing at various events, etc etc - not together, but certainly enough to share a plane somewhere.

Hee hee, I wouldn't go that far withsssoul, but I agree that they were obviously trying to find the most sensational pictures possible. Reading the excerpt just made me sad, it sounds like she had a very difficult road with Ronnie. Seems to me that Jo got her self straight before Ron was ready to do the same, the timing just wasn't right for the two of them, which must cut like a knife for her.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 25, 2013 01:24

People (anyone) who do very one sided whiney tells-all after a relationship break up are pathetic and classless. There are 3 sides to every story, her side, his side and what really happened.

Why doesnt she tell us about how great it was in the early days, or how she is thankful to be extremely wealthly because of her releationship to Ronnie.... how about say something nice... BUT NO!!!! None of that... just the nasty ugly personal stuff that should only be between her and Ronnie... and now she is blabbing, telling to the world? What good does that do anyone? What is her objective? Is she looking for sympathy? Or does she think we will hate Ronnie now..... sorry Jo, not goona happen.

She is lucky to have ever known Ronnie Wood.

Down here on Earth we all have to take the good with the bad, it is called life, and she has had a much better life than most people down here on Earth. I dont wanna hear or read her (or anyone elses) whining and looking for pity. Man the fk up and move on... with some class and dignity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-25 01:29 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 25, 2013 01:50

I wonder what Jo (and other women Ronnie's been with) thought when they read (on p. 114) of his memoir RONNIE: "The only thing that has really ever bothered me about Rod [Stewart] is that lead singers always get the best girls."

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 25, 2013 02:10

Max you are spot on. What did she expect? I'm pretty sure she was a party chick who loved it until she grew out of it. I can't imagine being in her shoes. It is simply not possible. I love my wife like nobody's business. Can't imagine partying with roadies, making excuses and getting away with it. ONE time would be THE END for me. Ronnie is lucky that she didn't leave him earlier.

He is still the most underrated guitarist in rocknroll

Date: February 25, 2013 02:26

Thanks for saying so Drake thumbs up

I guess I just been around to long and have seen waaaaaaaaaaaay too many couples break up (from close friends to famous people whom I dont know) and it is always too frequently the same damned crap. One of them feels hurt and betrayed and they decide to chuck all the good will, and good times, out the window and start talking sht about the other, acting as if it was all a one sided horror story, as if they were held inside a torture chamber against their will. Oh the drama.... We have heard it all before... tired of hearing it.

No realtionship break up is all one persons fault, people change, and sometimes it is juts time to move on, and when the time comes why cant people decide to end it on a good note, be cival, keep the private matters private. Why does it too frequently have to become so ugly?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-25 02:32 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: February 25, 2013 02:35

Chris Fountain
mtaylor
dcba
Funny... and sad! "Honest Ron" comes out of this as a TOTAL idiot and a wife abuser.
The kind of guy I wouldn't mind punching in the face.

No wonder Jagger wanted him out in 82 (during or after the Euro tour?)

Mick wanted him out before 1981 tour started -

"Keith Richards (Life, 2010): Getting Ron Wood insured
Everybody had wanted Ronnie off the US tour in '81 - he was just getting too out of it - but I said, no, I'll guarantee him. That meant I personally guaranteed to insure the tour and promised that Ronnie would not be misbehaving. Anything to get the Stones on the road. I figured I could handle him."

July 2, 1981: The Rolling Stones shoot a video clip for Waiting on a Friend on the streets of Greenwich Village and at St. Marks Bar in New York City, where they also jam on the bar stage. They also hold a meeting to discuss the tour and tell Ron Wood he will have to curb his cocaine habit if he wants to join them.

Coke or not- I believe every man gets tired of the same woman over and over. It's human nature.

As much as women do not wanna hear such painful truths, as a broad generalisation I agree with you... going on what most married men have told me. Interestingly, from my own personal experience, married women are the ones who pursue and instigate affairs with a single man, not so much the man chasing them.

A bf/gf relationship is different as there is the relative ease of bringing it to a close if desired, so the lure of other women and the consequences are less prominent in the equation.

And before any women here get on their high-horses, plenty women are unfaithful in relationships too, although this is not as common as with men judging by anecdotal accounts.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: February 25, 2013 02:36

PART OF THE UNTOLD STORY IS HOW JO & JAMIE HELPED RUIN HIM FINANCIALLY.
HE WAS BAD WITH MONEY,BUT THEY WERE WORSE.

Posted by: mikeeder ()
Date: February 25, 2013 03:37

Max'sKansasCity
Thanks for saying so Drake thumbs up

I guess I just been around to long and have seen waaaaaaaaaaaay too many couples break up (from close friends to famous people whom I dont know) and it is always too frequently the same damned crap. One of them feels hurt and betrayed and they decide to chuck all the good will, and good times, out the window and start talking sht about the other, acting as if it was all a one sided horror story, as if they were held inside a torture chamber against their will. Oh the drama.... We have heard it all before... tired of hearing it.

No realtionship break up is all one persons fault, people change, and sometimes it is juts time to move on, and when the time comes why cant people decide to end it on a good note, be cival, keep the private matters private. Why does it too frequently have to become so ugly?
Good summation.

Date: February 25, 2013 05:29

Thanks Mike, just calling it like I see think it.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: February 25, 2013 15:18

She's really demeaned herself with this trash. Abysmal writing style - reminds me of Cherie Blair's memoir and it doesn't get any worse than that.

Sure, she's made Ronnie look bad and I don't doubt the truth of it but she's done herself no favours either.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 25, 2013 15:22

Total bollocks, everyone knows that Ronnie has never done drugs or alcohol in his life, neither has he chased women ........ winking smiley

Dear o dear, the ex Mrs Wood will exaggerate so ........ !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: February 25, 2013 15:49

This is just one of many examples of the fact that a lot of women, for some strange reason, are willing to put up with men who canĀ“t behave like grown-ups. Tragic really.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: February 25, 2013 16:28

nankered
big story here folks

she marries a guy in the world's largest most infamously sinful dark rock and roll band of all time ,

So did Pattie with Keith... however I'm told Keith was almost what helped her go through cancer... while Ronnie in the same situation would have taken the cancer treatment's enveloppe to buy a Rolex and spend some time on his own with a whore while Jo would have been in intensive care.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 25, 2013 16:35

She has brought herself into more disrepute than Ronnie with this scurrilous book. She was a model (at 5'2") from Essex when she got involved with Ronnie who was married at the time. I recall that his ex Krissy committed suicide some time back, I think money problems were cited.

It's amazing, but in addition to Bianca, Anita has behaved with more dignity, restraint and class than Marianne, Jerry, and now Jo.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 25, 2013 16:57

Bliss
She has brought herself into more disrepute than Ronnie with this scurrilous book. She was a model (at 5'2") from Essex when she got involved with Ronnie who was married at the time. I recall that his ex Krissy committed suicide some time back, I think money problems were cited.

It's amazing, but in addition to Bianca, Anita has behaved with more dignity, restraint and class than Marianne, Jerry, and now Jo.

what has Jerry done?

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: February 25, 2013 17:27

ronnie & jo......disgusting idiots.

IORR............but I like it!

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1271
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home