Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8
Jo Wood: How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 24, 2013 08:51

How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years - Jo Wood tells definitive explosive story

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-03 13:31 by bv.

Re: How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years - Jo Wood tells definitive explosive story
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 24, 2013 08:57

......hope da book has some goodshit in it about Mick & Keef ...

ROCKMAN

Re: How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years - Jo Wood tells definitive explosive story
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 24, 2013 09:19

What a delightful tale.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 24, 2013 09:21

The choices we make. Do we even have a free will?

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: February 24, 2013 11:46

GravityBoy
What a delightful tale.

Indeed.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 24, 2013 12:26

Funny... and sad! "Honest Ron" comes out of this as a TOTAL idiot and a wife abuser.
The kind of guy I wouldn't mind punching in the face.

No wonder Jagger wanted him out in 82 (during or after the Euro tour?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-24 12:29 by dcba.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 24, 2013 12:30

During, check out the infamous Nick Kent article I unearthed last year : [www.iorr.org]

Ok so let's read that Jo thingy now!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 24, 2013 13:17

She probably wanted to be a "Mum" to Ronnie - and in the end of that kind experience, every man get sick and tired of it and just wants to run away.

Date: February 24, 2013 13:28

Wow, what a f****d up world Ronnie lives in...wonder if he's changed?

Don't remember seeing that picture, can't be from a Stones tour in 1992 though as claimed "Height of fame: Jo, Ronnie and a sleeping Keith Richards on a private jet during a Rolling Stones tour in 1992"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-24 13:32 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: February 24, 2013 14:04

dcba
Funny... and sad! "Honest Ron" comes out of this as a TOTAL idiot and a wife abuser.

I don't like this way of kiss and tell.thumbs down

Wasn't Jagger fed up with Ron in 2003 either? At least other options were considered.

Someone should write a book about Ron's playing with the Stones instead. One page probably.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: February 24, 2013 14:41

For the last couple of years RW & MJ really are very good friends...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 24, 2013 14:45

When Keith Richards phones your wife in panic and tells her to come ASAP to save you, you know you have a bad drug problem. grinning smiley

It's going to be a bad year for slick Mick : Lowenstein's book then Jo's memoirs...

Date: February 24, 2013 15:03

Good, that will give him an incentive to put the Stones in the news for better reasons!

I wonder how many stints in rehab Ronnie did, anyone's kept track?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 24, 2013 15:28

to be fair to woody we should hear his side of these tales

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: February 24, 2013 15:48

Not really interested in either side of the tale. Play that gee-tar, boy!

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 24, 2013 15:58

Who cares. Funny back in the day we wanted the Stones to behave like the bad boys
We hoped they be. Not like some sweet boy band.

Its only rock and roll....Plus Jo Wood knew what she was getting into as
Ronnie's 2nd wife....

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 24, 2013 16:22

At least there seem to be some substance in the book. Not a 90 % rehashed cut and paste job by your ghostwriter - like Keith's "book". Or most Rolling Stones' books.
It looks like she honestly has contributed to most of the material. I hope the book includes some self-critisism as well. Otherwise it will just be a biased account.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: February 24, 2013 16:26

Well, it seems like Ronnie has really pulled his act together. It's pretty amazing when you think of how out of control he was. I give him a lot of credit and am very thankful he's been able to get healthy.

And the world keeps turning
And life goes on
The world keeps turning
May your heart stay strong.....

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: February 24, 2013 16:53

Nice job editor (see photo caption):

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: February 24, 2013 16:57

dcba

Whereas in reality you would probably approach him with caution and shyly ask for his autograph?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 24, 2013 17:13

dcba

Mick wanted him out before 1981 tour started -

"Keith Richards (Life, 2010): Getting Ron Wood insured
Everybody had wanted Ronnie off the US tour in '81 - he was just getting too out of it - but I said, no, I'll guarantee him. That meant I personally guaranteed to insure the tour and promised that Ronnie would not be misbehaving. Anything to get the Stones on the road. I figured I could handle him."

July 2, 1981: The Rolling Stones shoot a video clip for Waiting on a Friend on the streets of Greenwich Village and at St. Marks Bar in New York City, where they also jam on the bar stage. They also hold a meeting to discuss the tour and tell Ron Wood he will have to curb his cocaine habit if he wants to join them.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 24, 2013 17:54

mtaylor
dcba

Mick wanted him out before 1981 tour started -

"Keith Richards (Life, 2010): Getting Ron Wood insured
Everybody had wanted Ronnie off the US tour in '81 - he was just getting too out of it - but I said, no, I'll guarantee him. That meant I personally guaranteed to insure the tour and promised that Ronnie would not be misbehaving. Anything to get the Stones on the road. I figured I could handle him."

July 2, 1981: The Rolling Stones shoot a video clip for Waiting on a Friend on the streets of Greenwich Village and at St. Marks Bar in New York City, where they also jam on the bar stage. They also hold a meeting to discuss the tour and tell Ron Wood he will have to curb his cocaine habit if he wants to join them.

Coke or not- I believe every man gets tired of the same woman over and over. It's human nature.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 24, 2013 18:26

It's Only rock 'n' roll................none of this surprises me. Ronnie has led a crazy life. He seems to have rebounded quite well with his new bride. Do I feel bad fo Jo? In a way yes but she could have left years ago and so could Jerry Hall. They must like the lifestyle or really love these guys to put up this crap. In this regard Keith seems pretty grounded with Patti and Charlie with Shirley.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 24, 2013 18:30

Imagine you have to deal with these people and perform with them on one stage in front of 50 000 audience

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 24, 2013 18:37

proudmary

Imagine you have to deal with these people and perform with them on one stage in front of 50 000 audience

But let's just say Mick is no better...he just exercises more discretion and control, but they are all pigs at the trough.

Date: February 24, 2013 18:38

JO LOOKS LIKE SHE WOULDNT MIND HAVING A TASTE OF KEITH

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: February 24, 2013 18:49

Nonsense story. She knew from the start what she was getting into.
She could have chosen that shy accountant at one of those parties, but she decided to go for the exciting life. Then don't complain afterwards it was a rocky ride.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 24, 2013 18:51

Honestly, who can really tell from that picture anything other than Keith fell asleep in an awkward position? Were drugs/alcohol involved? Maybe,probably...but I remember reading Bill Wyman's account of how Keith could fall asleep anywhere, anytime back in the 60's when they were touring in Stu's old station wagon and that was before Keith was heavily into drugs. Some people are like that, we have some funny pictures of my son who can also fall asleep anywhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-25 00:54 by latebloomer.

Date: February 24, 2013 18:52

Ive seen a couple of interviews with woody talking about his split from jo and calling it a sense of freedom he hasnt had in years, which means jo was probably a big nag always up his ass all the time

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 24, 2013 19:07

melillo
Ive seen a couple of interviews with woody talking about his split from jo and calling it a sense of freedom he hasnt had in years, which means jo was probably a big nag always up his ass all the time

Well, she must be completely annoyed that he's 'cleaned up' AFTER they split.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home