Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Taylors Australian Tour Cancelled
Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: February 22, 2013 07:58

I knew it would happen.

Re: Mick Taylors Australian Tour Cancelled
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 22, 2013 08:02

Thank God it happend, but I'm sorry for the fans

Date: February 22, 2013 08:10

What do you mean, when has he ever cared about his fans.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-22 08:43 by lapaz62.

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: February 22, 2013 08:47

Bummer. Just saw the note on the Metro website.
But what's the story on his health?

Date: February 22, 2013 09:02

All that I heard was unforseen circumstances, maybe its the Stones but I don't think so, more likely that the hangers on have got their way, they never wanted him to tour.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: February 22, 2013 10:10

Maybe he doesn't even know himself, doesn't see the entire picture. It depends on whom you talk to. There are different opinions coming from people
that are close to Mick. I cannot say he doesn't care for his fans. Put on his music and there you go.

Date: February 22, 2013 10:28

Until I hear more about what has happened I will hold my tongue but I may post some conversations that I have had with certain people who have been trying to stop this tour for months, yet they said nothing about him travelling to America with the Stones or playing at the Iridium.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 22, 2013 11:11

Why would anyone, especially "hangers on" who would likely benefit from a tour, want him to not tour?! Doesn't it come down to "poor sales", the reason for which most concerts are cancelled ?

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: February 22, 2013 11:19

"Tour promoter Lennard Promotions cited ill health as the reason for cancelling Taylor’s tour, which included a sold-out show at Lizotte’s Newcastle on April 26."

Date: February 22, 2013 11:20

That's too bad sad smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 22, 2013 11:54

I think it's a bit sad. As opposed to most of us Mick Taylor can rest on his laurels and still make a very good living out of it. He can travel the world playing on pubs and clubs when it suits him. He will always have a core audience of old Stones fans. A not to demanding public; many just happy to see an old legend.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 22, 2013 12:00

It is always nice to hear and see him.he is a very good guitar player, and small clug gigs are always apprecaited.

Date: February 22, 2013 12:05

lapaz62
Until I hear more about what has happened I will hold my tongue but I may post some conversations that I have had with certain people who have been trying to stop this tour for months, yet they said nothing about him travelling to America with the Stones or playing at the Iridium.

That's not done, Lapaz62.

Iorr.org is not the place to dump private or confident conversations you had about Mick Taylor, or actually anybody. If Mick Taylor cancels his shows, that's his business, not ours.
Stay classy.thumbs up

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 22, 2013 12:07

lapaz62
certain people who have been trying to stop this tour for months

?????

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: February 22, 2013 12:47

Rolling Hansie
lapaz62

?????

Many people here are not very fond of Taylor's manager - even claiming that he isn't his manager confused smiley

Somebody may probably explain that better than I'm able to shortly...

Date: February 22, 2013 13:41

You might as well watch some Fawlty Towers, imo.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 22, 2013 14:00

DandelionPowderman
Rolling Hansie
lapaz62

?????

Many people here are not very fond of Taylor's manager - even claiming that he isn't his manager confused smiley

The he is a she.

Mathijs

Date: February 22, 2013 14:10

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
Rolling Hansie
lapaz62

?????

The he is a she.

Mathijs

The "she" was referred to as a "he" in an earlier thread.

My guess: There is a "he", pretending to be THE manager/promoter for Taylor, booking gigs, running websites (snatching domenes?) etc - apparently without Taylor's consent?

I really don't know myself, I'm just passing what people like Deltics and others here have been posting...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 22, 2013 14:21

Please show some respect here. Mick Taylor is a person. If he cancel because of illness it is completely fair and no reason to be big mouth. Even if you think you are anonymous on internet, you are not, and even if you THINK you are anonymous, you should still have human feelings and manners. We are taliking about fellow human beings.

Bjornulf

Date: February 22, 2013 14:25

DandelionPowderman
Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
Rolling Hansie
lapaz62

?????

The he is a she.

Mathijs

My guess: There is a "he", pretending to be THE manager/promoter for Taylor, booking gigs, running websites (snatching domenes?) etc - apparently without Taylor's consent?

I really don't know myself, I'm just passing what people like Deltics and others here have been posting...

The Un-Merry-Go-Round .

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 22, 2013 15:28

lapaz62
All that I heard was unforseen circumstances, maybe its the Stones but I don't think so, more likely that the hangers on have got their way, they never wanted him to tour.

Hangers on? Even 40 years ago I doubt there would have been more than one or two hangers on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-22 15:33 by tatters.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 22, 2013 16:19

This is too bad, especially if the reason given is correct.

I had kind of hoped it was because he was going to be 'needed' for bigger 'spring/summer event'.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: February 22, 2013 16:58

DandelionPowderman

So Mick Taylor is a woman pretending to be a pre-op transvestite manager trapped in a man's body. That explains a few things.

Date: February 22, 2013 17:04

Roll73
DandelionPowderman

So Mick Taylor is a woman pretending to be a pre-op transvestite manager trapped in a man's body. That explains a few things.

Yeah, I'm probably wrong, and you're right...

Date: February 22, 2013 17:20

I was referring to posts like these, about his "manager". Unless a "s" is missing, the person people are talking about definitely is a "he" smiling smiley

Date: February 22, 2013 23:18

The he is being undermined by the she, from some of the conversations I have had with a few in the know or say they know.

Posted by: FiFiLoves ()
Date: February 22, 2013 23:32

@lapaz62 - Do you mean the "she" is someone close to MT?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 22, 2013 23:41

lapaz62
The he is being undermined by the she, from some of the conversations I have had with a few in the know or say they know.

It's okay as long as "they" don't interfere with the "she" behind the "he"...

Posted by: FiFiLoves ()
Date: February 23, 2013 00:12

Cause "we" don't like that winking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 23, 2013 00:34

Bjornulf is right, this is not private. I should know. I got quoted in an English newspaper recently from a thread here, and I live in the U.S.

We'll know soon enough why the concerts were cancelled. Personally I think it might have to do with working with the Stones. Who knows? If not if could very well be his health. I'm sure he would like to take advantage of his recent higher profile from being on stage again with the Stones. I just hope the best for him.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1497
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home