Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Taylor postpones shows
Date: February 20, 2013 16:14

Scottish and Australian dates postponed | Mick Taylor
www.micktaylor.com

Due to unforeseen circumstances the planned shows in Reeth, Kinross and the Austrailian tour have been postponed. We will update you when there is any further information.

Re: Taylor postpones shows
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 20, 2013 16:16

Taylor must hold the record for most cancelled shows.

When were these shows to have taken place ?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 20, 2013 16:16

He´s gonna be in rehearsals with the Stones............yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeroen

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: February 20, 2013 16:41

The show were scheduled for mid to late April. This could be good news.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 20, 2013 16:55

Taylor had UK shows scheduled in Reeth and Kinross this weekend.

He also bowed out of a scheduled appearance with Ben Waters earlier this month.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 20, 2013 17:00

The only way I'd ever buy advance tickets for a Mick "No Show" Taylor gig would be if I could hear that the warmup band was already onstage and I could see Mick's bus parked out back.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-20 17:11 by tatters.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: February 20, 2013 17:03

corriecas

jeroen

How naive...non of the The Stones is boozing anymore...

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 20, 2013 17:49

I hope he's not sick or something. I've never seen Taylor play live, but I'd love to go see him. YouTube videos of his shows aren't that impressive, but I would still enjoy it.

Kind of OT, but on the subject of cancellations and no-shows, years ago ('03 I think) I had a girlfriend who loved that band Evanescence. I didn't care for them, but I bought tickets for their show in Dallas to take her. They were just blowing up at the time, with that song that was on the Daredevil soundtrack. The day of the show it was announced that the gig had been cancelled because Amy Lee was suffering from laryngitis. My girlfriend was disappointed, I was a little relieved, and we got our money back. That same night we saw Evanescence performing on one of the late night talk shows, Conan I think. My girl was so pissed, it would have been one thing to take the TV appearance (though they didn't need it, the song was being played to death), but the fact that they lied about Amy having laryngitis really pissed her off. She wasn't a fan after that. Many bands (I'm sure the Stones included) cancel shows for bullshit reasons, but few have the gonads to say they are unable to perform, then go perform on television.

If Taylor did cancel these shows to take a better offer to play with the Stones, I think it would be different than that. I doubt anybody outside of Stones fans go see his solo gigs, and most would probably rather see him on stage with The Stones than playing small solo gigs.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 20, 2013 18:41

Again?....so what else is new?

Date: February 20, 2013 18:42

Roadster32
corriecas

jeroen

How naive...non of the The Stones is boozing anymore...

My guess is you are
jeroen

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 20, 2013 18:43

NoCode0680
I hope he's not sick or something. I've never seen Taylor play live, but I'd love to go see him. YouTube videos of his shows aren't that impressive, but I would still enjoy it.

Kind of OT, but on the subject of cancellations and no-shows, years ago ('03 I think) I had a girlfriend who loved that band Evanescence. I didn't care for them, but I bought tickets for their show in Dallas to take her. They were just blowing up at the time, with that song that was on the Daredevil soundtrack. The day of the show it was announced that the gig had been cancelled because Amy Lee was suffering from laryngitis. My girlfriend was disappointed, I was a little relieved, and we got our money back. That same night we saw Evanescence performing on one of the late night talk shows, Conan I think. My girl was so pissed, it would have been one thing to take the TV appearance (though they didn't need it, the song was being played to death), but the fact that they lied about Amy having laryngitis really pissed her off. She wasn't a fan after that. Many bands (I'm sure the Stones included) cancel shows for bullshit reasons, but few have the gonads to say they are unable to perform, then go perform on television.

If Taylor did cancel these shows to take a better offer to play with the Stones, I think it would be different than that. I doubt anybody outside of Stones fans go see his solo gigs, and most would probably rather see him on stage with The Stones than playing small solo gigs.

I had a similar situation...had tickets to a band called Lone Justice along time ago. Show cancelled...then I turn on SNL and there they are the same night I was supposed to see them!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: February 20, 2013 21:32

DandelionPowderman

Due to unforeseen circumstances the planned shows in Reeth, Kinross and the Austrailian tour have been postponed.

Yet again?

Posted by: ozziestone ()
Date: February 20, 2013 22:15

Bummer-I was looking forward to seeing Mick in Melbourne. But that will never happen now I suspect- I can't see any promoter taking him on again.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 20, 2013 22:40

uhbuhgullayew
DandelionPowderman

Due to unforeseen circumstances the planned shows in Reeth, Kinross and the Austrailian tour have been postponed.

Yet again?

These circumstances need to be upgraded to the foreseen level of circumstances. Or at least the predictable level.

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: February 20, 2013 22:43

Ah crap - I have tickets for Sydney...must be serious for him to postpone shows that are 2 months away...hope he's ok.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: February 20, 2013 23:07

Munichhilton
uhbuhgullayew
DandelionPowderman

Yet again?

These circumstances need to be upgraded to the foreseen level of circumstances. Or at least the predictable level.

To be safe, Mr. Taylor and his handlers have postponed all future activity henceforth. If activity can be pursued after all, then folks will understand with little or no advance notice. This policy takes effect immediately.

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: February 21, 2013 00:08

corriecas

jeroen

To me, that really is a good possibility, He has never cancelled/postponed this many shows at one point before. It's always been a show here and there cancelled.

With all the Stones planning going on at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he was involved.

The only other possibility would be health reasons, and I sincerely hope that isn't the case.

Date: February 21, 2013 00:09

my guess is he will be in Amsterdam with the Stones in the Summer, and he has to rehearse.

sorry.............

jeroen

Date: February 21, 2013 00:28

corriecas
my guess is he will be in Amsterdam with the Stones in the Summer, and he has to rehearse.

sorry.............

jeroen

Stuff your sorry's in a sack, mister

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 21, 2013 00:40

any significance to the letters GRNRBITW...

i'm sure its a secret code thing, but you can tell us..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-21 00:46 by duke richardson.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 21, 2013 01:12

I think it's safe to assume why Taylor is postponing shows now, just weeks ahead of a Stones band meeting. In all likelihood, these shows were scheduled before his guest appearances with The Stones. They--Taylor and The Stones--just wanted to see how those appearances would go before any further plans were made--or cancelled.

The Stones have no plans for a new studio album this year--it's "50 and Counting...", and the band is well aware of how well Taylor's appearances went over with the audience.

Bill Wyman, on the other hand, well, he's got plenty of time this year to write his sequel to Stone Alone. Perhaps he can call it Stone Not Invited.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 21, 2013 01:13

stonehearted
Perhaps he can call it Stone Not Invited.

How about "Boned Stone"?

Date: February 21, 2013 01:16

NoCode0680
stonehearted
Perhaps he can call it Stone Not Invited.

How about "Boned Stone"?

Or, perhaps, Stone Truly Alone.

Date: February 21, 2013 01:18

duke richardson

Just what's on my birth-certificate. Pronounced exactly as you'd expect.

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: February 21, 2013 01:33

stonehearted
I think it's safe to assume why Taylor is postponing shows now, just weeks ahead of a Stones band meeting. In all likelihood, these shows were scheduled before his guest appearances with The Stones. They--Taylor and The Stones--just wanted to see how those appearances would go before any further plans were made--or cancelled.

The Stones have no plans for a new studio album this year--it's "50 and Counting...", and the band is well aware of how well Taylor's appearances went over with the audience.

Bill Wyman, on the other hand, well, he's got plenty of time this year to write his sequel to Stone Alone. Perhaps he can call it Stone Not Invited.

I agree with everything you said, but I sure hope that you're wrong about Bill. MANY MANY Stones fans still hope for his return. As I understand it, The Stones have always had an open-door policy about Bill returning.

As I said before...

achilles77
BillWyman
Then they asked if I’d be interested in getting involved in the band for special occasions. I thought I would get quite heavily involved, so when they said they only wanted me to do two songs I was a bit disappointed. I only had one rehearsal and no sound-check, so I just winged it. It was great, but I didn’t want to go to America for two songs. I think they understood. Well, Charlie did.

This is good news and bad news. Good news because he wanted/wants to be more involved and do more with the band. Bad news because we could have, and should have had him for all the 2012 shows if this was handled properly.

Let's get it together this year guys!!

There's really no reason Bill couldn't be there. Any silly problems could easily be worked out at this point. Maybe Charlie could talk some sense in to Mick and Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-21 01:36 by achilles77.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: February 21, 2013 01:41

Stuff your sorry's in a sack, mister [ GRNRBITW ]

cool smiley

Lol, that's what I call temperament.

Is this an official announcement coming from his manager, Jeff Allen? Got someone sacked? Let's hope MT can think for himself and doesn't suffer from imaginary diseases. A 24 hours flight in business to Australia without nicotine must be possible. That Australian promotor is no little boy...

Date: February 21, 2013 01:46

achilles77
stonehearted

I agree with everything you said, but I sure hope that you're wrong about Bill. MANY MANY Stones fans still hope for his return. As I understand it, The Stones have always had an open-door policy about Bill returning.

As I said before...

achilles77
BillWyman
Then they asked if I’d be interested in getting involved in the band for special occasions. I thought I would get quite heavily involved, so when they said they only wanted me to do two songs I was a bit disappointed. I only had one rehearsal and no sound-check, so I just winged it. It was great, but I didn’t want to go to America for two songs. I think they understood. Well, Charlie did.

This is good news and bad news. Good news because he wanted/wants to be more involved and do more with the band. Bad news because we could have, and should have had him for all the 2012 shows if this was handled properly.

Let's get it together this year guys!!

There's really no reason Bill couldn't be there. Any silly problems could easily be worked out at this point. Maybe Charlie could talk some sense in to Mick and Keith.

I hope I'm wrong about Bill too. It's just that the way he recently complained about The Stones and his lack of involvement, in public, to the media, that sort of thing doesn't go over well with Mick and Keith--Mick in particular. And Mick might not be too pleased about a more tell-all-type of book that Bill is said to be planning.

But you're right, I'm sure Charlie understands, and if Bill wants a larger role--or any role--in the upcoming shows, then I'm sure Charlie would put in the god word, because the two of them are still in frequent contact, and Charlie's word could make all the difference.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 21, 2013 03:03

GRNRBITW
duke richardson

I thought it was one of the later tracks on ABB...I never make it past side 3 on the LP, so I presume it's a song on side 4.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: February 21, 2013 15:50

This could be a minimum of indication that they might continue with the 50&counting shows. And if such shows may be in cities in Europe we might even see Bill.
I am pretty sure that Ronnie has been asked to keep his mouth shut or at least half shut eye rolling smiley and not tell via the grapevine.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 21, 2013 16:45

treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
duke richardson

I thought it was one of the later tracks on ABB...I never make it past side 3 on the LP, so I presume it's a song on side 4.

I think it stands for:

Good Reason Never Rant Bias In The Way...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1540
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home