Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Le Trabendo - Paris 2012
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 21, 2013 01:07

Route 66, IORR and Whip are great fun. I could hardly believe how slow they played Rambler! When it goes into the train-going-down-the-tracks part, it is almost as if they went SLOWER!

Date: February 21, 2013 09:28

Honestman
DandelionPowderman

I prefer the correct tempo for these songs in particular, and that's how they played them...

Indeed we all prefer the correct tempo , not a remaster as I've read somewhere a bit faster angry smiley, what I meant was just that this gig was played too slow and the Stones were not "in" ,
Midnight Rambler is the worst version I've ever heard...Ok they didn't played together since 5 years, but they simply missed that warm-up, that's all.
Fortunately came the London Shows and the other ones, What if,If they have played in London or Newark the way they played at the Trabendoconfused smiley fortunately not !!!

You missed my point. I LIKE the slow Rambler, played like the unbeatable original on Let It Bleed smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-21 09:28 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 21, 2013 11:09

liddas
Erik_Snow
24FPS
I don't get what people are hearing. Route 66 at Le Trabendo sounds like old men shuffling along, with Keith hitting about half the chords. Play a B-stage version from the BTB shows and you'll see the huge difference in tempo and passion.

Hey, I was trying to be "nice" here !

Saying that "one song was allright" would make my post legitimate

OK, honestly, this show was miserable, for sure, of course the "boys in 1st row" thought it was "the moment of their lives" though. To each his own

Nice to see that the band really get it better before the London shows, which were very good.

I wasn't there, the recording is far from being one of the best, and I listened to it through the shitty head set of my shitty pc at work. Well, I LOVED it. Much better and looser than the London show I saw - which, by the way, was great.

Well I was in the second row 3 feet away from Mick and that hour would probably rank in the TOP 5 moments of my life and there've been a lot of good ones already. And believe me, NO ONE in the room thought it was too slow or too this and that, it was a friggin' emotional and musical maelstrom that I wish everyone here could have enjoyed, completely unreal. I was in the same spot at the O2 the first night (lucky year, eh!) and while it was terrific it just wasn't the same, maybe because there had been the Trabendo a month earlier, I'll never know.

flacnvinyl
gotdablouse
Thanks for sharing and downloading right now but what's the source ?
- The original recording used for the GRRRR 251012" Silver version shared in the Buy/Sell/Trade section here [www.iorr.org]
- The remastered version as heard on the GRRRR 251012" Silver
- Another source ?

EDIT : ok, based on the DIME link above it seems to be a remaster of the remaster, so #2 above ;-)

The description on dime did not mention it being a remaster. If the dime torrent is a remaster it was done extremely poorly!

Since apparently there is a lower generation source, I will seek that out and maybe remaster it next week.

I don't think the raw source is available at this point. The DIME torrent is a rip of the silver CD as far as I can tell, don't know why they didn't specify it. fortylix uploaded MR in raw and remastered (from the CD) here [www.iorr.org] but the links are dead, I'm reupping on WT right now.

EDIT : it's here [we.tl]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-21 11:56 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 21, 2013 14:24

gotdablouse

Well I was in the second row 3 feet away from Mick and that hour would probably rank in the TOP 5 moments of my life and there've been a lot of good ones already. And believe me, NO ONE in the room thought it was too slow or too this and that, it was a friggin' emotional and musical maelstrom that I wish everyone here could have enjoyed, completely unreal. I was in the same spot at the O2 the first night (lucky year, eh!) and while it was terrific it just wasn't the same, maybe because there had been the Trabendo a month earlier, I'll never know.

I think that all this translates exactly into the recording.

And the slightly slowed down Rambler is a true killer.

C

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 21, 2013 14:48

Dunno about the rest of the show cos I haven't listened to it, but this is good!

[www.youtube.com]

cool smiley

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: February 21, 2013 15:47

His Majesty
Dunno about the rest of the show cos I haven't listened to it, but this is good!

[www.youtube.com]

cool smiley
THATS POSITIVELY HORRENDOUS.
JUST SAYIN.

Date: February 21, 2013 16:25

BILLPERKS
His Majesty

[www.youtube.com]

cool smiley
JUST SAYIN SHOUTING.
winking smiley

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 21, 2013 17:14

BILLPERKS
His Majesty

[www.youtube.com]

cool smiley
JUST SAYIN.

Good Reason Never Rant Bias In The Way

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: February 21, 2013 22:59

DandelionPowderman

You missed my point. I LIKE the slow Rambler, played like the unbeatable original on Let It Bleed smiling smiley

Nope, you're talkin' about the unbeatable rambler LIB, I'm talkin' about the miserable one that the stones have tried to play slower on this night (october 25.2012), but I'm scared that there will always be some kind of misunderstanding with that show...They tried, but they failed, nobody's perfect and it's a premiere too, as until this show , they have always played MR at least good...
Cool for the fans who were there, cool to get another show (thanks to the taper) , that's it, and that's all.

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-21 22:59 by Honestman.

Date: February 21, 2013 23:41

In your opinion. I LIKED the show smiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 22, 2013 00:06

Honestman

I'm scared that there will always be some kind of misunderstanding with that show...They tried, but they failed, nobody's perfect

I think the first mistake is to call it a show! It's not, but it's sth the band's never done before : a public rehearsal in front of an audience of fans. Therefore it should not be compared to any club-gigs they've done before. It didn't take place in the middle of a tour and it didn't last more than 1 hour.

It should only be compared to the Bondy rehearsal that took place... huh... last November! grinning smiley

Posted by: O2 ()
Date: February 22, 2013 13:37

Someone DID record it! Awesome!! I just did a quick remaster so that I could listen to it on the way home from my studio. I might do a serious mixdown on it in the future but I had to spent a minute to make it atleast listenable. The source is distorted... I just tried to clean it up and bring out the instrumentation while minimizing the nasty distorted frequencies.

Before & After sample - http://www.hatfieldmedia.com/LeTrabendo-sample.mp3

Complete Concert as a single mp3 - http://www.hatfieldmedia.com/Stones-LeTrabendo-remaster.mp3

Major thanks to the taper, whoever he/she is. I am not the source. Just thought others might want to hear this slightly cleaned up. I spent 10 minutes on this. What little I heard was very very fun, especially Route 66! Untampered version can be downloaded from the usual location...

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=439468

Hi flacnvinyl How I could download your remaster
Thank You

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1951
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home