Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Le Trabendo - Paris 2012
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 20, 2013 02:05

Someone DID record it! Awesome!! I just did a quick remaster so that I could listen to it on the way home from my studio. I might do a serious mixdown on it in the future but I had to spent a minute to make it atleast listenable. The source is distorted... I just tried to clean it up and bring out the instrumentation while minimizing the nasty distorted frequencies.

Before & After sample - http://www.hatfieldmedia.com/LeTrabendo-sample.mp3

Complete Concert as a single mp3 - http://www.hatfieldmedia.com/Stones-LeTrabendo-remaster.mp3

Major thanks to the taper, whoever he/she is. I am not the source. Just thought others might want to hear this slightly cleaned up. I spent 10 minutes on this. What little I heard was very very fun, especially Route 66! Untampered version can be downloaded from the usual location...

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=439468

Re: Le Trabendo - Paris 2012
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 20, 2013 02:10

Very cool---thanks!

This is really nice. "Route 66" is especially great, like you said. Charlie sounds great during the breaks.

What a great surprise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-20 02:13 by Justin.

Posted by: ultimaterocker ()
Date: February 20, 2013 02:14

here is Route 66

[www.youtube.com]

guitars nice and upfront.....MUCH better playing than 2002-2007

Date: February 20, 2013 09:46

Thanks, Drake! So cool to hear this in listenable quality thumbs up

Date: February 20, 2013 10:07

This show is WAY better than I expected! Some stellar guitar playing by both on Champagne & Reefer thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-20 10:29 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: February 20, 2013 10:24

What is the name of the man who recorded it?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 20, 2013 10:46

They were two brothers : Alain and Alex Térieur... but shhh! Jagger is after them, obviously.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 20, 2013 11:04

LOL dcba
To the non-french speakes it's an old french joke.
It would be translated like a recording by the Side brothers : In Side and Out Side.
Whereas In and Out aren't names, Alain and Alex are...

Drake
Are you planning a FLAC share of this great work ?

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: February 20, 2013 12:16

Alex Térieur??? C'est une blague?

Date: February 20, 2013 12:19

Are they by any chance related to the englsh twins: In Terior and Ex Terior? winking smiley

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 20, 2013 12:41

GREAT SHOW!!!

C

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: February 20, 2013 12:55

Nice work
please convert in flac; you owe this with such a name

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 20, 2013 17:16

Many thanks, flacvinyl. And merci beaucoup to Alain & Alex!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 20, 2013 17:23

Thanks for sharing and downloading right now but what's the source ?
- The original recording used for the GRRRR 251012" Silver version shared in the Buy/Sell/Trade section here [www.iorr.org]
- The remastered version as heard on the GRRRR 251012" Silver
- Another source ?

EDIT : ok, based on the DIME link above it seems to be a remaster of the remaster, so #2 above ;-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-20 17:59 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Dali ()
Date: February 20, 2013 17:41

Thanks!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 20, 2013 19:48

liddas
GREAT SHOW!!!

C

Route 66 is very good. Most of the show is a real drag, for sure
They really got their shape together for the London shows

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: February 20, 2013 19:54

Many thanks!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 20, 2013 19:55

I don't get what people are hearing. Route 66 at Le Trabendo sounds like old men shuffling along, with Keith hitting about half the chords. Play a B-stage version from the BTB shows and you'll see the huge difference in tempo and passion.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: February 20, 2013 20:09

"I don't get what people are hearing."

nor do I
It's a north korean thing, you know it's wrong (a drag), but no one dares to say it...

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 20, 2013 20:20

gotdablouse
Thanks for sharing and downloading right now but what's the source ?
- The original recording used for the GRRRR 251012" Silver version shared in the Buy/Sell/Trade section here [www.iorr.org]
- The remastered version as heard on the GRRRR 251012" Silver
- Another source ?

EDIT : ok, based on the DIME link above it seems to be a remaster of the remaster, so #2 above ;-)

The description on dime did not mention it being a remaster. If the dime torrent is a remaster it was done extremely poorly!

Since apparently there is a lower generation source, I will seek that out and maybe remaster it next week.

Fyi I had too much fun listening to this.. 1am got pulled over listening to Whip.

Date: February 20, 2013 20:28

24FPS
I don't get what people are hearing. Route 66 at Le Trabendo sounds like old men shuffling along, with Keith hitting about half the chords. Play a B-stage version from the BTB shows and you'll see the huge difference in tempo and passion.

Hey, I was trying to be "nice" here !

Saying that "one song was allright" would make my post legitimate

OK, honestly, this show was miserable, for sure, of course the "boys in 1st row" thought it was "the moment of their lives" though. To each his own

Nice to see that the band really get it better before the London shows, which were very good.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 20, 2013 20:44

I am sure it must have been fantastic to be in that small club seeing and hearing the Stones play from 10 feet away. But in all honesty it probably is their worst ever gig.

Mathijs

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 20, 2013 20:47

Erik_Snow
24FPS

OK, honestly, this show was miserable, for sure, of course the "boys in 1st row" thought it was "the moment of their lives" though. To each his own

Nice to see that the band really get it better before the London shows, which were very good.

I wasn't there, the recording is far from being one of the best, and I listened to it through the shitty head set of my shitty pc at work. Well, I LOVED it. Much better and looser than the London show I saw - which, by the way, was great.

C

Date: February 20, 2013 21:05

liddas
Erik_Snow
24FPS

I wasn't there, the recording is far from being one of the best, and I listened to it through the shitty head set of my shitty pc at work. Well, I LOVED it. Much better and looser than the London show I saw - which, by the way, was great.

C

Glad to hear.....everything wants to be loved, righteously or not. Even the worst moron and the worst gig likes to be "loved"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-20 21:06 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: February 20, 2013 21:23

Erik_Snow
...this show was miserable...

I couldn't resist >grinning smiley<

HMN

Date: February 20, 2013 21:24

What's wrong with whip, shattered, c and r, rambler and route 66 here???

Christ, worst show? Listen to werchter Nijmegen and say that again smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-21 09:27 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: February 20, 2013 21:30

DandelionPowderman

Have you ever heard of a long forgotten vinyl format, the 16 2/3 RPM record? They were half the speed of the 33 1/3 RPM albums that were the traditional standard for recorded music...The same goes for the way they played that show...but to each his tastes...

HMN

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 20, 2013 23:03

DandelionPowderman

Christ, worst show? Listen to werchter and say that again smiling smiley

+1 thumbs up

scuk

Date: February 20, 2013 23:18

Honestman
DandelionPowderman

Have you ever heard of a long forgotten vinyl format, the 16 2/3 RPM record? They were half the speed of the 33 1/3 RPM albums that were the traditional standard for recorded music...The same goes for the way they played that show...but to each his tastes...

I prefer the correct tempo for these songs in particular, and that's how they played them...

Date: February 21, 2013 00:32

DandelionPowderman

I prefer the correct tempo for these songs in particular, and that's how they played them...

Indeed we all prefer the correct tempo , not a remaster as I've read somewhere a bit faster angry smiley, what I meant was just that this gig was played too slow and the Stones were not "in" ,
Midnight Rambler is the worst version I've ever heard...Ok they didn't played together since 5 years, but they simply missed that warm-up, that's all.
Fortunately came the London Shows and the other ones, What if,If they have played in London or Newark the way they played at the Trabendoconfused smiley fortunately not !!!

HMN

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2597
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home