Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT - Alice Cooper
Posted by: R ()
Date: February 20, 2013 14:29

Max'sKansasCity
She asked me why the singer's name was Alice
I said Listen baby, you really wouldn't understand

Made loud to play LOUD!

We had a drink or two... well maybe three

Indeed. There is like NO production extras on that record at all. Just a dirty rock band recorded in the raw.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: February 20, 2013 16:07

Great song - Desperado

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 20, 2013 16:27

a few years ago my daughter interviewed Alice at American Idol when she was a student journalist for TIME magazine - before they took a photo, Alice said, "May I choke you? It's safe, I promise, and it's not really an Alice photo if I don't choke you... Dad, may I?"

I asked her if it was okay - "yeah!" was the response and so here we go - and her gave he an amazingly thoughtful interview

Posted by: R ()
Date: February 20, 2013 17:26

Her face looks Photoshopped.

Date: February 20, 2013 17:27

R
Her face looks Photoshopped.

well as the person that took the photo, i can assure you it is not

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 20, 2013 18:40

R
Max'sKansasCity
She asked me why the singer's name was Alice
I said Listen baby, you really wouldn't understand

Made loud to play LOUD!

We had a drink or two... well maybe three

Indeed. There is like NO production extras on that record at all. Just a dirty rock band recorded in the raw.

...always liked this one!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: February 20, 2013 18:51

Jah Paul
Max'sKansasCity
Cool ole Alice diddy

My favorite Alice tune EVER!

+1 la da da da da!thumbs up

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 20, 2013 20:55

andrewt
Jah Paul
Max'sKansasCity
Cool ole Alice diddy

My favorite Alice tune EVER!

+1 la da da da da!thumbs up
smileys with beer

Date: February 20, 2013 20:59

Who can claim that they have not CRANKED this tune once or twice, with a vengeance?

What is better than the day when School is out?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-20 21:02 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 20, 2013 21:25

Coop does Gaga:

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: February 20, 2013 23:13

When I saw Alice at the Orpheum Theater in Los Angeles this past November (awesome show!), he did tributes to Jim Morrison ( "Break on Through" ), Jimi Hendrix ( "Foxy Lady" ), Keith Moon ( "My Generation" ), and John Lennon ( "Revolution" ) - see video below. Depp sat in for several songs. It was one of the best concerts I've seen in a long time.

Date: February 20, 2013 23:19

Jah Paul
When I saw Alice at the Orpheum Theater in Los Angeles this past November (awesome show!), he did tributes to Jim Morrison ( "Break on Through" ), Jimi Hendrix ( "Foxy Lady" ), Keith Moon ( "My Generation" ), and John Lennon ( "Revolution" ) - see video below. Depp sat in for several songs. It was one of the best concerts I've seen in a long time.

Awesomeness, wish I could have seen that show.

Date: February 20, 2013 23:40

was an awesome show, right? a few nights later depp came out and played with aerosmith

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 21, 2013 03:21

hbwriter

telling ya - this guy is beyond words - humble, funny as hell and self deprecating - my 19 year old son said after - "dad- this guy is the best, out of everyone - he is the best" - just goes out of his way and it is all normal and natural

Chris, your job is the best! I love that your son always seems to be included in your adventures!

Seeing Alice Cooper open for the Stones at Churchill Downs in Louisville was a dream lineup! What a night, even with the rain!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 21, 2013 03:36

Date: February 21, 2013 04:20

YO, Vito!!! Howmanytimes I gotta tell yous....
Put down the damned dog and pass the ziti !

OK OK, just dont hit my hair.... I work on my hair a long time and you hit it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-21 04:26 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: February 21, 2013 04:52

I'd like to throw my opinion's hat into the ring on this one. I like Alice's recent material (Eyes and Diamonds), can find very good moments in the middle years (Goes to Hell, From the Inside), but LOVE the early albums with the original band.

I've got Love it it Death blaring right now and a thought just occurred to me:
I really enjoy the MC5 (saw them a few years back when they had Evan Dando and Marshell Crenshaw), The Stooges and the New York Dolls (seen them twice, Sylvain Sylvain once and really liked their new stuff), but I don't think any of these outfits outpaced the work of Alice through Welcome to My Nightmare.

I know they receive far more critical acclaim and hosannas from the critcs, but on a toon for toon, pound for pound basis, I don't think it's close. The Alice albums are completely stacked end to end. I never really felt that way about the the Stooges or MC5. They had some great tunes, but were more manifestos for other artists. Sort of the Velvet Underground effect.

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: February 21, 2013 05:00

Kurt
hbwriter

telling ya - this guy is beyond words - humble, funny as hell and self deprecating - my 19 year old son said after - "dad- this guy is the best, out of everyone - he is the best" - just goes out of his way and it is all normal and natural

Chris, your job is the best! I love that your son always seems to be included in your adventures!

Seeing Alice Cooper open for the Stones at Churchill Downs in Louisville was a dream lineup! What a night, even with the rain!

Kurt- I was at that show as well. Totally agree. What a night to have Alice & Stones together. Stones of course did "Dead Flowers," with it's nod to "Kentucky Derby Day!"

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 21, 2013 05:18

shawnriffhard1
I'd like to throw my opinion's hat into the ring on this one. I like Alice's recent material (Eyes and Diamonds), can find very good moments in the middle years (Goes to Hell, From the Inside), but LOVE the early albums with the original band.

I've got Love it it Death blaring right now and a thought just occurred to me:
I really enjoy the MC5 (saw them a few years back when they had Evan Dando and Marshell Crenshaw), The Stooges and the New York Dolls (seen them twice, Sylvain Sylvain once and really liked their new stuff), but I don't think any of these outfits outpaced the work of Alice through Welcome to My Nightmare.

I know they receive far more critical acclaim and hosannas from the critcs, but on a toon for toon, pound for pound basis, I don't think it's close. The Alice albums are completely stacked end to end. I never really felt that way about the the Stooges or MC5. They had some great tunes, but were more manifestos for other artists. Sort of the Velvet Underground effect.
The early stuff is just hands down phenomenal. Its kind of insane how many amazing songs they banged out. There really aren't bad ones from the Love It To Death to Nightmare albums, which is impressive for anyone. Honestly, the fact that those albums had virtually all great songs probably affected how I'm usually disappointed at his current output. I keep hoping for that next album where every song is great. Its usually spotty after Nightmare.

Date: February 21, 2013 05:47

Remember?

Remember where you were listening to this, back in the day?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-21 05:57 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 21, 2013 05:57

Max'sKansasCity
Remember?

I am not even a huge lover of this song, but it sure covers me in a
warm sunny day feeling of being a kid and how cool it all was.... it was far out man.
Always loved the first half of this song. Never liked the second. Funny story though. I remember driving around listening to this song for the first time. I had known the album as a whole for awhile, but never heard this or Halo Of Flies at the time. I knew it was the last track on the album so just for fun I turned the volume up to full blast during the last minute of the song. Jesus Christ did I nearly die when that last 30 seconds started playing. I literally swerved all over the road at the sheer loudness and scariness of the song. Thank God it was late at night and no one was on the road. What an idiotic decision in retrospect, but I thought the song was over! The first half is, as the title suggests, absolutely killer though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-21 06:00 by RollingFreak.

Date: February 21, 2013 06:06

RollingFreak
Max'sKansasCity
Remember?

I am not even a huge lover of this song, but it sure covers me in a
warm sunny day feeling of being a kid and how cool it all was.... it was far out man.
Always loved the first half of this song. Never liked the second. Funny story though. I remember driving around listening to this song for the first time. I had known the album as a whole for awhile, but never heard this or Halo Of Flies at the time. I knew it was the last track on the album so just for fun I turned the volume up to full blast during the last minute of the song. Jesus Christ did I nearly die when that last 30 seconds started playing. I literally swerved all over the road at the sheer loudness and scariness of the song. Thank God it was late at night and no one was on the road. What an idiotic decision in retrospect, but I thought the song was over! The first half is, as the title suggests, absolutely killer though.

cool smiley Right on man, Im glad it worked out that night for you, we had things to do, too young to die. grinning smileyI actually had gone back and edited what I first wrote after reading it and thinking about the song itself, and thought wtf? I dont want to explain what the fk does killing and getting hung have to do with warm happy days of youth... lol, well, It really has more to do with the good times around the song than the song itself, and yeah driving around and rocking out. It was cool times, and it was wild music... and it was fun. smileys with beer

MUSIC!!!!! more than it seems

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-21 06:10 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: February 21, 2013 06:22

I got the answers to all of your questions
if you've got the money to pay me in gold
I will be living in old Monte Carlo
and you will be reading the secrets of soul

Daggers and contacts and bright shiny limos
I've got a watch that turns into a lifeboat
Glimmering nightgowns poisonous as cobras
silencer under the heel of my shoe....

The elegance of China they sent her to lie here on her back
But as she deeply moves me she'd rather shoot me in my tracks

And while a middle Asian lady she really came as no surprise
But I still did destroy her and I will smash halo of flies

I crossed the ocean where no one could see
and I put a time bomb in your submarine

Goodbye to old friends the secret's in hand
with full need of papers and counterfeit plans You never will understand

stellar

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-21 19:40 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: February 21, 2013 19:38

Posted by: Mimi73 ()
Date: February 21, 2013 21:28

Yeah, Alice! You've been rocked with the really big!

Date: February 22, 2013 20:22

Max's - some more for ya - [www.noisecreep.com]

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: February 22, 2013 20:26

Alice is cool, he's one of my ultimate favorite artists.

Date: February 22, 2013 22:19

hbwriter
Max's - some more for ya - [www.noisecreep.com]

Awesome!

And how funny/scary when he starts a story, about his songs, with "I was in an elevator in Paris..." winking smiley but it ended well.

Thanks hb

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: February 23, 2013 21:47

runaway
Alice Cooper Goes To Hell ,just found it in my vinyl collection-have fun

One of his underrated albums, along with Lace and Whisky and Flush the Fashion.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2029
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home