Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT - Alice Cooper
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 19, 2013 19:26

I spent some time with Alice this weekend - awesome guy - talk about a Stones fan! Seeing them in '65 changed his life and totally inspired him - more on that later- but I did shoot some video of him doing No More...

[www.noisecreep.com]

Re: OT - Alice Cooper
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 19, 2013 19:33

Alice Cooper- One of Rock and Rolls All Time Greats.

Date: February 19, 2013 19:39

Max'sKansasCity

agree - here is a portrait i took of him saturday

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: February 19, 2013 19:56

hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity

Great portrait photo of Alice-my first album was "love it to Death", I'm Eighteen my favor song

Date: February 19, 2013 19:57

hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity

thumbs up
Good ole Alice

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 19, 2013 19:58

hbwriter
I spent some time with Alice this weekend - awesome guy - talk about a Stones fan! Seeing them in '65 changed his life and totally inspired him - more on that later- but I did shoot some video of him doing No More...

[www.noisecreep.com]

and what a golf swing!

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: February 19, 2013 20:15

Why did his mom and dad name him Alice? Such a sissy name.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: February 19, 2013 20:17

His name is Vincent.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: February 19, 2013 20:25

GumbootCloggeroo
His name is Vincent.

you're not very con-vince-ing

Date: February 19, 2013 20:40

She asked me why the singer's name was Alice
I said Listen baby, you really wouldn't understand

Made loud to play LOUD!

We had a drink or two... well maybe three

Date: February 19, 2013 20:44

Cool ole Alice diddy

Date: February 19, 2013 20:45

Without Alice doing his thing, when he did his thing... who knows what else does NOT happen in rock and roll history.

Date: February 19, 2013 20:48

Max'sKansasCity
Without Alice doing his thing, when he did his thing... who knows what else does NOT happen in rock and roll history.

could not agree more - and he is the MOSt down to earth, gracious rocker i have ever spent time with - just an incredible guy

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: February 19, 2013 21:01

Alice Cooper Goes To Hell ,just found it in my vinyl collection-have fun

Date: February 19, 2013 21:06

Nice thread. I saw Alice backstage at a Stones show in 2006. He was just being a regular guy there. That impressed me. I mentioned I'd seen him back in 1972 - not sure he can remember that far back. :-)

Date: February 19, 2013 21:07

hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity

could not agree more - and he is the MOSt down to earth, gracious rocker i have ever spent time with - just an incredible guy

Another thing (besides the great music) that I always respected Alice for, was the way he handled (handles) how he stopped drinking and partying. There was no press release, no on-stage BS preaching, no fanfare, no nothing. I know (somehow learned) the dates he quit and I know that I saw him live in concert before and after, and if someone had not told that me he went straight, I never would have noticed. He never altered what he did, he still rock the house and he never talked or preached at us about it (like so many, too many, people do) Alice just kept on rocking as hard as he always has... and it still is a blast, always a lot of fun, to see him live.

Date: February 19, 2013 21:09

Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity

Another thing (besides the great music) that I always respected Alice for, was the way he handled (handles) how he stopped drinking and partying. There was no press release, no on-stage BS preaching, no fanfare, no nothing. I know (somehow learned) the dates he quit and I know that I saw him live in concert before and after, and if someone had not told that me he went straight, I never would have noticed. He never altered what he did, he still rock the house and he never talked or preached at us about it (like so many, too many, people do) Alice just kept on rocking as hard as he always has... and it still is a blast, always a lot of fun, to see him live.

what's more - he has a program in phoenix that takes runaways off the streets and protects them with housing - while also letting them form bands and play music on gear he provides - again - done quietly and for the right reasons -

Date: February 19, 2013 21:22

hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity

what's more - he has a program in phoenix that takes runaways off the streets and protects them with housing - while also letting them form bands and play music on gear he provides - again - done quietly and for the right reasons -

I didnt know about that, talk about giving direct where it really does some good.... what a great man he is.

I have friends in Phoenix (one time we all went to his bar, Coopers Town) and they have said he does a lot of good local charity stuff, at least they have attended some of the events, and they say it always low key, and focused on the charity, not him, ""done quietly and for the right reasons"".

And further despite the typical the wreckage of rock and roll, I understand that Alice has stayed married to his wife through all the years and I respect the heck out of that, it is easier said than done.

Three Cheers for Alice Cooper!!!smileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beer

Date: February 19, 2013 21:37

i met his wife the other day - married to him for 37 YEARS - she was a dancer on the welcome tour - a lovely woman (and stunning)

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 19, 2013 21:52

God, the original Alice band up until Muscle Of Love was just phenomenal. He had some good albums after that. I like Nightmare, From The Inside, Go To Hell, very few others. But the original band was just untouchable IMO. I wish he would reunite with them like he did a few times the other year.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: February 19, 2013 22:30

I read somewhere that he is a man of religious faith. Chris, do you know if that is indeed true?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 19, 2013 22:32

DaveG
I read somewhere that he is a man of religious faith. Chris, do you know if that is indeed true?
I believe he found religion around the late 70s, early 80s. I want to say when he stopped drinking. I feel I've heard that since the late 80s, he's been pretty religious. He doesn't preach it or anything, and obviously the character is quite different from that, but I do think he follows and believes in that faith.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 19, 2013 22:37

Just saw Alice late last year in Vancouver. Has an awesome band, as always. Original Alice band were awesome. Neal Smith said he would compete with Keith Moon to see who had the biggest drum set. Dennis Dunaway is/was an awesome bass player. Mike Bruce a great writer and all around musician. Glen Buxton was a great guitar player but from what I've read, they had to bring in other guitarists to help out in the studio like Dick Wagner.
Alice's dad was a preacher.

Date: February 19, 2013 22:44

DaveG

it is true - but he is fairly private about it - that said, dave mustaine and steven adler both told me he stepped into their lives when they needed it most and was there for them - to help them both get help - no press or fuss - but they both consider him to be their "godfather" as a result

Date: February 19, 2013 22:45

he told me the Stones, seeing them live, taught him what a band should be - intense, raw and real -

Date: February 19, 2013 22:47

It's nice to see anyone, but particularly someone of his fame and stature, quietly exhibit his faith by his actions, not necessarily by his words. He seems to live what he believes.

Date: February 19, 2013 22:53

DaveG
It's nice to see anyone, but particularly someone of his fame and stature, quietly exhibit his faith by his actions, not necessarily by his words. He seems to live what he believes.

telling ya - this guy is beyond words - humble, funny as hell and self deprecating - my 19 year old son said after - "dad- this guy is the best, out of everyone - he is the best" - just goes out of his way and it is all normal and natural

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 19, 2013 22:57

Killer is one kick ass rock album

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 19, 2013 23:01

Date: February 19, 2013 23:02

He was very entertaining when I saw him in 1970. At one point during a song, he draped linen sheets over each of the band members while they were playing, and threw a live chicken into the audience. They were loud and radical and good.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 974
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home