Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Keith in the 70s - a decade of posing
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 21, 2013 17:07

DandelionPowderman
Chuck must have a big car...

all the passion of a mini-van

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: February 21, 2013 20:01

jamesfdouglas
Stoneage
One thing puzzling me a bit is the fact that for many years Keith was held as the greatest rock guitarist ever. Even from people who were not necessarily Stones fans. He was called "the human riff".
When did that stop? When did it go from "greatest" to "can he play at all"?

That sounds about right to me. And it got really ugly in 06-07.

The posing in this clip is ridiculous, especially when you realize the cool riffs are being played by Waddy Wachtel. (check out 2:24 and 3:42)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-21 20:03 by andrewt.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: February 23, 2013 09:53

Agree %100! Keith became a joke compared to his earlier self right around the time of Steel Wheels in my opinion. The clothes for one thing became ridiculous and the posing almost laughable. Remember those silly things he used to dangle in his hair? Talk about a cry for attention and in a man his age at the time it really was embarrassing. Keith once truelly was the coolest man alive. No longer however and who could really blame Jagger for not thinking all that highly of him anymore?

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 23, 2013 11:56

rob51
Agree %100! Keith became a joke compared to his earlier self right around the time of Steel Wheels in my opinion. The clothes for one thing became ridiculous and the posing almost laughable. Remember those silly things he used to dangle in his hair? Talk about a cry for attention and in a man his age at the time it really was embarrassing. Keith once truelly was the coolest man alive. No longer however and who could really blame Jagger for not thinking all that highly of him anymore?

+1.

Date: February 23, 2013 12:03

His muse was his hair

Date: February 23, 2013 12:12

That said he looks cool now.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 23, 2013 12:29

Those things in his hair were fishing lures weren't they?

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: February 23, 2013 18:27

rob51

I still believe Keith was at his best in the 70s but one of the greatest lead breaks of all time during "SFTD" is by Keith(or anyone) in the 89/90 video "at the IMAX"...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 23, 2013 20:32

Waddy is really good . There is some serious weaving going on there. Although Waddy is the more accomplished garment worker. Keith is very limber though. Waddy would do wonder to the Stones guitar section was he allowed to. Take it so Hard is a real upper though. I prefer The Winos over Jagger's solo work any given day.

Date: February 25, 2013 19:52

rob51

Later. On the SW-tour he probably played more consistant than ever. Something happened round 1995, though.

Posted by: DiscoVolante ()
Date: February 25, 2013 20:10

Somewhat, Exile on Main St. was Richards' darling. No wonder Jagger never liked it. Waking up in Nellcote, cutting a track like Happy all by himself with Jimmy Miller, he could never do that now. I think the two new songs speaks for themselves, Doom & Gloom(Mick) WAY better than One More Shot(Keith).

(with that said, I thought Keith was doing great on the 50 & Counting shows.)

Date: February 25, 2013 20:21

They both work like that now. Btw, I like both the new tunes. Especially OMS was good live in London.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 4, 2013 02:19

GRNRBITW
GravityBoy

What chord is he playing here? I try that on my guitar and I get nothing. So frustrating.

The air guitar chord.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 4, 2013 02:43

uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
GravityBoy

What chord is he playing here? I try that on my guitar and I get nothing. So frustrating.

The air guitar chord.
B chord...Tumblin' Dice I assume

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-04 02:44 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 4, 2013 17:49

DoomandGloom
uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
GravityBoy

The air guitar chord.
B chord...Tumblin' Dice I assume

You can tell what song he is playing here???

Date: March 4, 2013 19:58

JJF or Happy

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home