Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT : Alabama Shakes New Song
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 19, 2013 14:30

71Tele
Munichhilton
sweetcharmedlife
The Lumineers are nothing more than a glorified boy band.eye rolling smiley

A boy band with a banjo! Me and the Dixie Chicks have been trying to bring back the banjo for years...it's been tough.

Keep working on it. Freakin' ukuleles are everywhere now. The banjo can't be far behind.

I blame Pete Townshend for the ukulele setback...

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 19, 2013 16:34

Richard from Canada
My wife loves them. But the last VCD was badly produced.

Are you talking about their Boys and Girls CD? If so, I thought the same thing, very muddy.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: February 19, 2013 18:24

kovach
Richard from Canada

Are you talking about their Boys and Girls CD? If so, I thought the same thing, very muddy.

The vinyl is quite good though...

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 19, 2013 19:06

71Tele

Wow. I'm beginning to think that Britanny Howard is the reincarnation of Sister Rosetta Tharp.

You obiously have your eye on that 3 pick-up SGsmiling smiley

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 19, 2013 21:23

kovach
Richard from Canada

I noticed the new song didn't sound very clear. I figured it was maybe because I had downloaded it it didn't sound like stellar quality, but its the same on Spotify. Guess thats how they did it.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 19, 2013 21:25

what an awesome performance on snl the other night .what a voice and guitar skills also wow !!!!!!!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 19, 2013 21:34

Munichhilton
71Tele
Munichhilton
sweetcharmedlife

A boy band with a banjo! Me and the Dixie Chicks have been trying to bring back the banjo for years...it's been tough.

Keep working on it. Freakin' ukuleles are everywhere now. The banjo can't be far behind.

I blame Eddie Vedder.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: February 19, 2013 21:35

TheGreek
what an awesome performance on snl the other night .what a voice and guitar skills also wow !!!!!!!!

Really? I thought she oversold the last song. Her vocal was over-the-top right from the beginning, and it would have been better if she had built up to that level, instead of starting at "11," and then having nowhere else to go.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 19, 2013 22:31

RollingFreak
kovach
Richard from Canada

I noticed the new song didn't sound very clear. I figured it was maybe because I had downloaded it it didn't sound like stellar quality, but its the same on Spotify. Guess thats how they did it.

Guess we'll have to wait for the remixed/remastered super deluxe version. grinning smiley

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: February 19, 2013 22:47

RollingFreak
kovach
Richard from Canada

There are two mixes/versions of the song. One is from Silver Linings Playbook movie soundtrack and not as clear as the version on soundcloud.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 19, 2013 23:33

kowalski
RollingFreak
kovach
Richard from Canada

There are two mixes/versions of the song. One is from Silver Linings Playbook movie soundtrack and not as clear as the version on soundcloud.
They sounded similar to me, although yes, the one I was mentioning was the one from the soundtrack.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 19, 2013 23:41

sweetcharmedlife
Munichhilton
71Tele
Munichhilton
sweetcharmedlife

I blame Eddie Vedder.

Eddie's just fighting the war Townshend started in 1976...someone has to take up ukelele's against their oppressors...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home