Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RESPECTABLE Changed ?
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 15, 2013 03:18

They used to sing the line "Get out of my life /Don’t take my wife/ Don’t come back" 2 times... more recently they play that line just one time.

Compare:

The studio version:

Live 1978:

BUT IT"S DIFFERENT live in 2012:

Anyone else catch that? Or care?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-15 04:00 by schillid.

Re: RESPECTABLE Changed ?
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 15, 2013 03:21

You posted two live versions from '78, not a version from 2012.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 15, 2013 04:00

whitem8
You posted two live versions from '78, not a version from 2012.

fixed ..thanks

Posted by: iamwaiting ()
Date: February 15, 2013 04:28

I noticed it and prefer the original two-times. I'm guessing Mick cut to the chorus early in rehearsals a couple tours back and nobody spoke up about it and they just kept playing that way.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 15, 2013 06:06

Yeah I care....but Mick doesn't!

Mick switches around lyrics all the time. Laziness mostly. He does it a lot on "Shattered" too. I'm sure he doesn't even know how many times the lyric was said in the original studio version when he's up on stage. Who knows if the teleprompter says the correct lyrics but it seems Mick doesn't care that much. It is, after all, a small detail.winking smiley

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 15, 2013 06:27

Justin

Mick switches around lyrics all the time. Laziness mostly. He does it a lot on "Shattered" too. I'm sure he doesn't even know how many times the lyric was said in the original studio version when he's up on stage. Who knows if the teleprompter says the correct lyrics but it seems Mick doesn't care that much. It is, after all, a small detail.winking smiley
BS... Mick does better with lyrics on stage than any singer in classic rock...

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 15, 2013 07:20

DoomandGloom
Justin

BS... Mick does better with lyrics on stage than any singer in classic rock...

BS ... he does not! He's much more concerned w/ his dance moves than the lyrics, and I agree, he does sing them lazily often. So many other rock singers do a much better job live. Now studio is a different story ...

Date: February 15, 2013 07:27

Beatle Paul, David Lee Roth, Rod Stewart, Ozzie, Gregg Allman for example all are more forgetful. Robert Plant at O2 completely lost it at times although they fixed the DVD.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: February 15, 2013 07:53

DoomandGloom
Beatle Paul, David Lee Roth, Rod Stewart, Ozzie, Gregg Allman for example all are more forgetful. Robert Plant at O2 completely lost it at times although they fixed the DVD.

"Beatle Paul" plays longer sets and a far wider variety of songs...I give him a pass, although he doesn't really need it as he is hardly "more forgetful."

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 15, 2013 09:49

There are actually people in a live audience counting how many times Mick sings "shattered"?

Look, he can be Mick Jagger on stage or he can stand still and read the teleprompter. I know which I prefer.

Date: February 15, 2013 09:55

Green Lady
There are actually people in a live audience counting how many times Mick sings "shattered"?

Look, he can be Mick Jagger on stage or he can stand still and read the teleprompter. I know which I prefer.
I heard kids complaining after Brooklyn because Mick changed the middle rap in Miss You... Just kids stuff, if you want the record listen to that, a concert is about the moment. I can't believe this conversation is even happening.

Date: February 15, 2013 09:58

Almost without exceptions, he starts Rocks Off with the second verse ("I'm always hearing voices"). It becomes a bit baffling when he comes to the second verse, and sings the same verse again, instead of "I hear you talkin'"...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 15, 2013 16:15

Isn't it "Go take my wife don't come back" ??

I suffer from lyricosis so I need to get it right

Date: February 15, 2013 16:26

Munichhilton
Isn't it "Go take my wife don't come back" ??

I suffer from lyricosis so I need to get it right

Keith never sings "take" winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2146
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home