Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
OT: Anyone else not care at all about the Superbowl?
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 3, 2013 23:45

I follow music like others follow sports and I really just don't care about the Superbowl. Instead, I'll put on some music, maybe play some Halo 4, something, anything except watch the game. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy football and my dad is a baseball historian so I have a great love of the MLB, but I really just don't care.

Curious if there is anyone else out there in the same boat.

Re: OT: Anyone else not care at all about the Superbowl?
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 3, 2013 23:48

when you hate both teams almost equally, you do ask yourself: "why am i watching this, again?"

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 3, 2013 23:56

I follow music the way others follow sports as well, but I also follow sports the way others follow sports. You can do both.

As a fan of football in general, I take interest in the Super Bowl even when I have no dog in the fight, like this year. Not AS interested, but as a fan of the league, who even watches crappy games between crappy teams, I'm interested in the championship game for the sake of knowing who will be champion. I get a little fed up with all the other stuff, it's gotten to the point where it's about everything BUT the game. But I still watch it to see who wins. So I can see how you might not be interested, even though you like the league. I've stopped going to Super Bowl parties because I've actually been to some where people mute the game and mingle during the game, then when it goes to commercial break they all gather around and watch. I will never understand that. It takes some patience to watch if the game is the only thing you care about. I don't care anything about seeing a bunch of commercials that are going to be rerun throughout the year anyway, or a halftime show. Even when I like the act, it's not going to be a very good performance.

So yes, I do care, but I don't fault you for not caring. At this point it's perfectly understandable, it's such a bloated affair that it's flirting with becoming a parody of itself.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: February 4, 2013 00:00

I care... it's the first time in 18 years that "My Team", the 49ers are in it... I'm very excited, not only did the SF Giants Win the Championship in Baseball this year, my Football teams gets to try and match them... that's a rarity in any Sport ...GO 49ers!!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 4, 2013 00:04

I'm in the same boat. No interest whatsoever. I plan to listen to music and honestly I have work that needs to be done for tomorrow so most of my night will probably be spent on that. But I see it as any other Sunday so I don't really feel that bad about having to work. Yeah, it might be alittle different if my team the Giants were in it again like they were a few years ago, but even then I was really just watching because I'm from the area. I still didn't care at all.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 4, 2013 00:14

I think that's supposed to be on soon.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 4, 2013 00:16

Should be played on the Sunday before a National Holiday such as "President's Day" for example. Just move PD to Feb 4th!!!

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: February 4, 2013 00:19

What is this 'Super Bowl' of which you speak? It is some sort of culinary competition, yes?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 4, 2013 00:20

Why is it a bowl?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 4, 2013 00:23

..cause it's full of vegtables

ROCKMAN

Date: February 4, 2013 00:23

GravityBoy
Why is it a bowl?

they tried it in a colander, but that fell through quickly....

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: February 4, 2013 00:25

Peyton Manning fan...so, if Denver made it i would've cared

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 4, 2013 00:27

GravityBoy
Why is it a bowl?

The original"bowl" game (college football) was at a stadium called the Rose bowl...and it just morphed.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 4, 2013 00:31

That reminds me...

..two flies are playing football in a saucer, one says "we're playing in the cup next week".

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 4, 2013 00:33

I will watch but don't really care who wins. I am a Cowboy/Patriots fan and I don't liek the 49ers or the Ravens. I'm sick of hearing about Ray Lewis and how God wants him to win the Super Bowl that is such a crock of crap. If there is a god I'm sure that he/she is looking down upon New Orleans, LA. USA and saying I am going to make it so Ray Lewis wins. Personally I'd like to know what happened to his white suit 12 years ago. Seems like "god" let him get away with that.

I am a big fan of football so I am just hoping for a competitive game and my the best team win it.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 4, 2013 00:35

In Europe nobody cares about the sport.There are some interest around the event though since it's such a big event. I guess it's the same in the US when it comes to the World Cup final in football (called Soccer over there): Nobody cares about the sport but some have heard it's a big event...

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: February 4, 2013 00:57

thumbs up

I'm watching Davis Cup tennis instead.

The nfl doesn't really drug test properly - many, many Lance Armstrong's playing in the nfl.

From Fran Tarkenton in The Wall Street Journal:

"Shortly after retiring from football, I spent time with the owner of one of the biggest gym chains in the country. When we saw some bodybuilders with muscles on top of muscles, he asked me how I thought they got so big. Intense weightlifting regimens, I offered. He gave a half-smile, shook his head and replied, "No. You can't get that big on your own. It's just not physically possible. There's only so much that weightlifting will do."

His words have stuck with me ever since. Performance-enhancing drugs were just starting to enter professional football during my time, most notably with defensive end Lyle Alzado, but others also admitted after retiring to steroid use. Still others have told me that they started using when they realized that otherwise they couldn't compete physically."

Full article: When It Comes to Doping, Pro Football Punts
When I entered the NFL, linemen weighed less than 250 pounds. Now teams have 10 or more 300-pounders.

www.wsj.com

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: February 4, 2013 00:59

T&A
when you hate both teams almost equally, you do ask yourself: "why am i watching this, again?"

Amen! Baffled by which team I dislike more...

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: February 4, 2013 01:06

All the Super Bowl means to me is that spring training is right around the corner.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 4, 2013 01:12

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 4, 2013 01:13

Stoneage
In Europe nobody cares about the sport.There are some interest around the event though since it's such a big event. I guess it's the same in the US when it comes to the World Cup final in football (called Soccer over there): Nobody cares about the sport but some have heard it's a big event...

I think that in general (though there are fans of the sport) people only care if the U.S. is doing well or still in it. I personally couldn't tell you who has won any of them.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 4, 2013 01:18

Is the game today?

Date: February 4, 2013 01:20

MKjan
Is the game today?

depends where you live...it might be yesterday

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 4, 2013 03:34

OK, I want Baltimore to win now.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 4, 2013 03:38

Anyone else not care at all about the Superbowl?

It is easy to solve...
Make a bet... and keep adding money to it until you do care...
or act like it is any other Feb Sunday evening and go about your life.

And dont worry... March Madness is coming...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-04 03:44 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 4, 2013 03:55

Professional sports has turned into a giant freak show. That's why I now only follow amateur mixed boxing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-04 04:31 by tatters.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: February 4, 2013 03:58

SB? When Goldfinger is on? I'll take 007 any day.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 4, 2013 04:10

Super Bowl ROCKS !.......except for the halftime show.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: February 4, 2013 04:12

No interest in it whatsoever!

Drew

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: February 4, 2013 04:40

Nope, I could give a care.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1783
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home