Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

LOVEYOULIVEROLLINGSTONES Fanzine Up & Running
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 23, 2013 01:27

For those who enjoy reading stories written by fans of the Rolling Stones about their experiences with the band, check out the new fanzine by visiting www.loveyouliverollingstones. This is a website still under construction, so to speak, a work in progress, but I think you'll enjoy the articles . I happen to have my own story recently posted and it's called " Laugh, I Nearly Died", literally.
Marilou Regan has expanded her concept of fans telling their own stories to include this online fanzine. If you have a story to tell, check out the site and send in your story. I was pleasantly surprised by the clarity of my photos that go along with the story...all about my adventures at the 1978 Stones' show in Philly. Some of you already know all about this but I did go into more detail for this story. There are some serious writers here! I do not fall into that category, by any stretch. Check it out, I think you'll find it interesting and entertaining.

Re: LOVEYOULIVEROLLINGSTONES Fanzine Up & Running
Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: January 23, 2013 04:44

Can you provide the link?

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: January 23, 2013 05:21

HouseBoyKnows
Can you provide the link?

[www.loveyouliverollingstones.com]

Date: January 23, 2013 11:41

Well done Debra. Good essay. I was at that gig in Philly too. Must have been right around you. we were pretty far up close towards Keith's side. Our main "crush episode" came at 7 a.m. when they opened only those two little gates for all us fans who had been out in the lot all night getting higher and higher, and more and more rowdy.

I kind of like that web site.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: January 23, 2013 12:10

Fantasic!

Have the book, which for my money is one of the best stones related books I've read.

Good stuff. Cheers smileys with beer

\m/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-23 12:12 by Monkeytonkman.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 23, 2013 13:12

Nice write up Debra.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 23, 2013 13:34

Very nice essay mickschix. Your description of the rain and dirt reminded me of when I went to RFK stadium in the 80's to an all day event with Dylan, The Grateful Dead, and Tom Petty. It was August and so hot they were hosing down the fans up front. The crowd surged up front to cool off, it was a frightening, giant mud pit.

My oldest child's birthday is June 17, so, along with my girl, I'll be thinking of you and your story now. smiling smiley

Date: January 23, 2013 14:06

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you enjoyed my piece and the Fanzine !! Pass it along.Thanks 2000LYFH for providing the link.
Wow, Palace, to think we were probably feet apart.....I probably even saw you!

Date: January 23, 2013 16:39

Great Philly 78 story. I was there too and don't think it was as bad as the critics would make it sound. It was a difficult environment for sure, and when the Stones played a seemingly short set, heavy with new songs, some people felt ripped-off. But any tough-minded die-hard Stones fan was happy to be there and the excitement and crush of the crowd was all part of the experience. When they came back in '81 to the same venue we got two very long set lists (admittedly rough at times) and felt the band was making amends for the short and sweet '78 show.

Check out my story on Toad's Place 1989 "Eddie Villanova") at the LYL website.

We also need more contributions from all of you IORRians to make this a viable sustained venture.

HBK

Date: January 23, 2013 18:51

Thanks for your post, Houseboy! I will go read your story now! Yes, I do encourage folks to write their personal story, and it doesn't have to be a concert story, it might just be a reflection on what the Stones mean and have meant to them through the years. I think this Fanzine could be the next best thing to sliced bread! ( or the next best thing to an actual Stones concert!). Onward and upward everyone!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 23, 2013 18:58

my personal stories must remain personal and private. i get emotional just thinking about them. i hope you understand.

Date: January 23, 2013 22:44

Palace, I just re-read your post! Amazing that you got there at 7AM in that cold rain! That's a FAN! No wonder you had something to elevate your spirits, so to speak! Maybe you go write a little essay about that day. Did you take pictures? Fill me in!

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 24, 2013 00:45

T&A
my personal stories must remain personal and private. i get emotional just thinking about them. i hope you understand.

I do.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 24, 2013 01:06

but Tod your amongst friends ... it's not good ta cry alone

ROCKMAN

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 24, 2013 01:25

Rockman

but Tod your amongst friends ... it's not good ta cry alone

friends? here? anywhere? oh, you mean the old guy down the hall? well, haha - we've had a few shits and giggles together, but i wouldn't say friends.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 24, 2013 01:31

....surely they nurses would understand

ROCKMAN

Date: January 24, 2013 01:37

Eddie,aka Houseboy, I just read " Ain't Too Proud To Beg", and I loved it! Man, you are persistent! I loved the way you actually got into Toad's Place!! Well done, and well written! I loved all of it. I know all about how the adrenaline pumps you up after seeing our Boys up close and personal...it is a high far better than any drug! It lasts longer too!

Date: January 24, 2013 04:32

Thank you Mickschix. Putting it down in words is also a labor of love and I'm so glad, like you, that I've kept a diary of sorts. I'm also the author of the "Where the Boys All Go" story about Hampton '81 in the Love You Live book. I think my next excellent adventure story will be about the Amsterdam Paradiso shows in 1995.

HBK

Date: January 24, 2013 14:03

I'll go read your story in the LOVE YOU LIVE book! I'm sure I'll enjoy it. My Story in Marilou's book is entitled, " Pleased To Meet You"...check it out.It's long too. I don't know what to write about next but you have me thinking!! I'll check back after I read it!

Date: January 25, 2013 13:45

Eddie, I read your story from the book and I love it!! I want to know EXACTLY how you got the passes in to that party! I'm guessing those were the days when Ronnie got pretty messed up! It sounds like you know how to take advantage of an opportunity and you patiently waited and watched...and then you were IN! Great story. We need to compare notes!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1702
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home