Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 15 of 16
Re: Stones Tour 2013
Date: February 17, 2013 06:08

Would the Stones dare do another mega tour? I certainly hope not, but they, better than I, know their limitations.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 17, 2013 13:44

leSoleil reports the Stones have requested 8 million dollars to play Quebec City's Festival d'été de Québec in July.

www.lapresse.ca

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: February 17, 2013 19:22

JumpinJackOLantern
Would the Stones dare do another mega tour? I certainly hope not, but they, better than I, know their limitations.

I don't think so due to all the work going into a big tour and health issues. But after saying that Mick is unpredictable.

Date: February 17, 2013 19:31

Daily Star reports Rihanna will headline the final day of Glastonbury, but the Stones "are also likely to appear" at this year's festival.

[www.dailystar.co.uk]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 17, 2013 21:52

JumpinJackOLantern
Well, at least you find them entertaining. And you sure love discussing them.

Only when I feel like bothering.

Date: February 17, 2013 21:59

GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern

Which, is a lot. Do you spend even more time on Led Zep forums?

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: February 17, 2013 21:59

Not sure why they would waste their time in the UK. Much more money and notoriety to be made in the US. Besides they aren’t capable of a major world tour, so I suspect they will play US, Toronto, Berlin, Mexico City, Sao Palo, Latvia and Hockenheim.

drinking smiley

Date: February 17, 2013 22:05

JumpinJackOLantern
GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern

It is not a lot, really, and no. And I certainly don't quote myself over and over to respond to and with myself over and over.

Date: February 17, 2013 22:10

GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern
GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern

It is not a lot, really, and no. And I certainly don't quote myself over and over to respond to and with myself over and over.

Not a lot? So thousands of times under at least three user names isn't a lot? As a fan of Zep you must belong to a Zep forum, right?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 17, 2013 22:12

JumpinJackOLantern
GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern
GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern

Not a lot? So thousands of times under at least three user names isn't a lot? As a fan of Zep you must belong to a Zep forum, right?

Come On guys, get a room and kiss it off

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: February 17, 2013 22:26

Rolling Hansie
JumpinJackOLantern
GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern
GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern

Come On guys, get a room and kiss it off

Sorry, Hansie, but you never make friends with a bully until he changes his behavior.

Posted by: GrumpyCat ()
Date: February 17, 2013 23:42

40,000 hits on a thread without a single shred of actual news. Amazing.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 17, 2013 23:49

JumpinJackOLantern
Sorry, Hansie, but you never make friends with a bully until he changes his behavior

Skippy is a very good-natured bully though, Jack. Isn't he? Not one of those mean ones.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 17, 2013 23:53

Why can't GasLight and JackOLantern have their discussion by mailing each other?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 18, 2013 01:56

It is rather boring, the mental meandering with fog.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: February 18, 2013 18:21

the Friday at Glastonbury will bring you...?
hey hey it's the Monkeys
Saturday 16th February 2013

This probably isn't earth shattering news to many of you because the rumour has been strongly circulating for quite a while, but eFestivals is now fully confident that Glastonbury Festival's Friday night Pyramid Stage headliner this year will indeed be Arctic Monkeys.

This will be their second time of headlining the festival, having previously done so in 2007.

The Saturday night headliner is likely to be The Rolling Stones, although things still currently suggest that they have still not firmly agreed to play. eFestivals understands that the Festival is happy to wait for their decision, and already have a back-up plan - another act - in place just in case Jagger & co say 'no'.

There's still intense speculation about who the Sunday headliner might be, with all sorts of names being talked about.

Malian singer Rokia Traore is the only act officially confirmed so far, and it's expected that the full line-up won't be revealed until at least mid-April.
Read more at [www.efestivals.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-18 18:22 by spunky.

Posted by: R ()
Date: February 18, 2013 18:53

Arctic Monkeys headling a festiva?

I saw them open for The Black Keys last year and they were just awful. It wasn't a factor of my age. Awful IS awful.

Date: February 18, 2013 19:16

Ronnie quote from yesterday's L'Wren Scott show:

Wood arrived at the party accompanied by his new wife, Sally Humphreys, a theater producer. "I have four big paintings to finish before the end of April when we start rehearsing again," said Wood, dropping a hint that The Rolling Stones might take to the road later this year, following their sell-out anniversary tour late last year.

He gave no further details - and only smiled his cheeky smile, saying that he hoped to get to the art studio at his home in Ireland to finish the artwork.

[www.wwd.com]

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 18, 2013 20:23

I love it. Leave to Ronnie to spill the beans accidentally. I would say that if that's what Ron said, that's probably the plan, at least right now.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: February 18, 2013 20:32

drbryant
I love it. Leave to Ronnie to spill the beans accidentally. I would say that if that's what Ron said, that's probably the plan, at least right now.

As if there is any question as to the fact they are touring the back half of '13!

Date: February 18, 2013 23:35

Woz
drbryant

As if there is any question as to the fact they are touring the back half of '13!

DW, tell them not to bother unless they are going to "kick out" a new album in the front half!

Date: February 18, 2013 23:37

bye bye johnny

Wood arrived at the party accompanied by his new wife, Sally Humphreys, a theater producer. "I have four big paintings to finish before the end of April when we start rehearsing again," said Wood, dropping a hint that The Rolling Stones might take to the road later this year, following their sell-out anniversary tour late last year.

He gave no further details - and only smiled his cheeky smile, saying that he hoped to get to the art studio at his home in Ireland to finish the artwork.

[www.wwd.com]

Once again, the reporters failed to ask him about a new album! Incompetence at the highest level!

Date: February 18, 2013 23:48

drbryant

The reporters should have been all over him about what their plans are for a new album! No new album, then forget touring!

Date: February 19, 2013 03:05

JumpinJackOLantern
bye bye johnny

[www.wwd.com]

Once again, the reporters failed to ask him about a new album! Incompetence at the highest level!

Well, either incompetence or cowardice!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 19, 2013 03:29

Woz
drbryant

Well, I've followed this band for a long time. Whenever a fan says that the band "will tour" or "will play" particular venues or cities on a particular date, it's almost always some guy sitting at home guessing what the band will do based on stuff he's read on the internet. Check older threads on this Forum and you'll get all kinds of posts stating very emphatically when the Band will tour and where - 99% of them end up being wrong. The reason is that their guess, of course, is no better than yours. On the other hand, if Ronnie says that rehearsals are scheduled for April with plans to tour in the second half of the year, then that's definitely true.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-19 03:34 by drbryant.

Date: February 19, 2013 03:35

drbryant
Woz
drbryant

Well, I've followed this band for a long time. Whenever a fan says that the band "will tour or will play particular venues or cities on a particular date, it's almost always some guy sitting at home guessing what the band will do based on stuff he's read on the internet. Their guess, of course, is no better than yours. On the other hand, if Ronnie says that rehearsals are scheduled for April, then that's definitely true.

Well, suppose Woz is actually Don Was?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 19, 2013 14:18

Was not was?

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: February 19, 2013 22:13

I am just looking at the facts......the "i"Phone app wasn't needed to do a one off run of five 50th anniversary shows. That coupled with comments from band members and all of the noise emanating from festivals/promoters, venues and cities strongly suggests there will be a tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-20 02:29 by Woz.

Date: February 20, 2013 00:26

Woz
I am just looking at the facts......the iPhone app wasn't needed to do a one off run of five 50th anniversary shows. That coupled with comments from band members and all of the noise emanating from festivals/promoters, venues and cities strongly suggests there will be a tour.

You are correct. No doubt they are going to tour, but what about a new album? Are you going to produce it? Hope so, always thought you were the perfect fit for the Stones, and just about the coolest dude on the planet! Assuming, of course.......

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 20, 2013 05:38

JumpinJackOLantern
JumpinJackOLantern
bye bye johnny

[www.wwd.com]

Well, either incompetence or cowardice!

Or just the fact that they report for Women's Wear Daily and new Stones albums are not their paper's top priority.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 15 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home