Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 16
Re: Aussie tour rumour
Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: January 22, 2013 09:00

Deathgod
Rumour gathered legs yesterday that the Stones will tour Oz in November. Other rumour hit that they would also play Argentina in Nov.

Usually they hit Oz between Feb and April after South America / Japan.

Anyways, my contacts are sniffing about, hopefully with some news soon.

maybe they play at rockmans nest in good old geeeelong.......spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 22, 2013 10:06

With rumours of an Aussie tour ya can sure they're have New Zealand penciled in smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 22, 2013 10:52

Dan
This kinda makes sense, if it's a reduced tour schedule and by Mick's admission not ready in April, you figure short stints in US and Europe for that summer then below the equator for their summer.

June/July a dozen big European gigs
August/September - a dozen US gigs
November - Australia & Argentina

I get the idea they are shopping around for a handful of the absolute highest bids and it's not necessarily going to look anything like the tours of the past. Especially if they want a payday similar to the recent shows which might be hard to pull off.

Thing is it's hard to see why they would settle for less going forward...Anyway that type of schedule would make sense to me too. Possibly with some US West Coast shows thrown in in the winter/spring first.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: January 22, 2013 11:20

Hopefully no Paris show before July

Strictly egoistic : our 2nd baby is expected for the end of June and I wouldn't be able to leave my wife and 1st baby alone at naight a few weeks before the theoric D-day

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: January 22, 2013 12:39

I hope the Stones goes to Aussie and takes all there money!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-22 12:40 by talkcheap.

Date: January 22, 2013 12:41

Doc

Strictly egoistic : our 2nd baby is expected for the end of June and I wouldn't be able to leave my wife and 1st baby alone at naight a few weeks before the theoric D-day

Are you from France Doc?

Date: January 22, 2013 14:44

talkcheap
Doc

Are you from France Doc?

Yes

Date: January 22, 2013 15:08

Doc
talkcheap
Doc

Are you from France Doc?

Yes

You write good english! I'm from sweden and I hope the Stones play europe this year. I have seen the Stones five times, last in 2007 in Gothenburg.

Date: January 22, 2013 17:20

Thanks talkcheap !
Well, I saw them twice in 2012 and they were good.
In a way they were better than 2007, but still, they are getting older and I wouldn't like them to do the tour too much.

I'd rather see them stop than being the shadow of the band they used to be on stage.

Then again a mini tour could be great, especially if the tickets are affordable. I woudn't expect them to play for free but money shouldn't be an issue for them and making a "less profitable" tour would be a nice idea and a better way to sell out great venues for a probable farewell performance

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 22, 2013 17:57

Hopefully Argentina in December - then I can see them there... and get a once in a life experience.... listen to that Sir Mick

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: January 22, 2013 20:35

Cannot see a NZ tour on the horizon, even Springsteen isn't crossing the pond in March! Too expensive to ship the gear and stage!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 22, 2013 21:02

Well if they get down under, I am in !! And if they get to NZ, anyone from IORR that makes it that far earns the right to stay at my place in Auckland on the water, Ill even buy the booze lol!smileys with beer

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 22, 2013 21:04

kahoosier
Well if they get down under, I am in !! And if they get to NZ, anyone from IORR that makes it that far earns the right to stay at my place in Auckland on the water, Ill even buy the booze lol!smileys with beer

I'm in for some Stienlager and I would love it if we could get the Finn Bros over for a quick jam session....or at least Dave Dobbyn.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: January 22, 2013 21:32

colonial
With rumours of an Aussie tour ya can sure they're have New Zealand penciled in smoking smiley

Not a chance imo.....The only covered stadium is in the smallest city, Dunedin...they couldn't handle the crowd, it'd have to be 3 nights over 7 days, and you couldn't shuttle 150,000 people in and out reasonably

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 22, 2013 21:39

Munichhilton
kahoosier

I'm in for some Stienlager and I would love it if we could get the Finn Bros over for a quick jam session....or at least Dave Dobbyn.

Steinglager blows. I worked on a movie where the Steinlager people financed it. We had cases of the stuff in the production office, next to cases of Dos Equis. Nobody stole the Steinlager.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 22, 2013 21:41

everytime i've poured my lager into a stein, it's been great. you'd think the folks with the copyright to the name could get it right.

Date: January 22, 2013 21:59

24FPS
Munichhilton
kahoosier

Steinglager blows. I worked on a movie where the Steinlager people financed it. We had cases of the stuff in the production office, next to cases of Dos Equis. Nobody stole the Steinlager.

Send me the leftovers I will give them a home

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 22, 2013 22:09

Yes. They are looking into the rest of the world late this year...

Bjornulf

Re: Stones Tour 2013
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: January 22, 2013 22:28

A buddy posted this :

Jagger says, “We're not gonna do Coachella, 'cos it's too early. There was a rumour we were gonna do that one, but it's very early, Coachella. It's April or something, isn’t it? And we're not gonna be ready to go by April. But we're not gonna stop.” 50 and counting RIGHT ON!

Date: January 22, 2013 22:35

Damn, they sure have a hard time getting started.
They're like one a them old crank cars

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 22, 2013 22:41

Munichhilton
Damn, they sure have a hard time getting started.
They're like one a them old crank cars

They got someone walking to the parts store for starting fluid.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 22, 2013 22:44

....4 cans of Aerostart should do the trick ....

ROCKMAN

Date: January 22, 2013 22:45

Might as well pick up some batteries and a snickers too...we gotta get this show on the road

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 22, 2013 22:47

Munichhilton
Might as well pick up some batteries and a snickers too...

Don't they make Mars Bars anymore ?

Date: January 22, 2013 22:50

Edith Grove
Munichhilton

Mars is too controversial....you never see odd stories about where a snickers has been. But either way if its Mars they need to get off the therapist's couch then get a few....let's go!!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 22, 2013 22:58

Munichhilton
Edith Grove
Munichhilton

Mars is too controversial....you never see odd stories about where a snickers has been. But either way if its Mars they need to get off the therapist's couch then get a few....let's go!!

Mars bars are popular outside the US.

Date: January 22, 2013 23:02

BluzDude
Munichhilton
Edith Grove
Munichhilton

Ahhhh, so they're a bit like soccer and Oasis?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 22, 2013 23:04

Deathgod
A buddy posted this :

Jagger says, “We're not gonna do Coachella, 'cos it's too early. There was a rumour we were gonna do that one, but it's very early, Coachella. It's April or something, isn’t it? And we're not gonna be ready to go by April. But we're not gonna stop.” 50 and counting RIGHT ON!

They stopped. So what's the big deal? April is THREE months away! Plenty of time to "not stop" while stopped.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 22, 2013 23:05

Pa's bar is more popular in the US ..........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 22, 2013 23:08

Munichhilton
BluzDude
Munichhilton
Edith Grove
Munichhilton

Ahhhh, so they're a bit like soccer and Oasis?

No one plays soccer outside the US. Except maybe Canada. Copycats.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2095
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home