Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Will Taylor be invited to play on any new Shows??
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 15, 2013 15:33

Thats what i said, Keef plays on him; which means they have a interesting relationship and Charlie follows Keef. The only problem is... Charlie is a better musician as Keef is.

Anyhow, lets hope The Stones will give some great shows this year!!!

jeroen

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 15, 2013 15:52

corriecas
The only problem is... Charlie is a better musician as Keef

Huh, how do you measure that? confused smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 15, 2013 16:23

I really hope Mick T will be involved with any future Stones activity. Was great seeing him in London, suppose he released a lot of energy from missed years. Good on him. Would also like to see Bill in the mix too. Anyhow, my perception is the "vegas years" are over. We'll have to wait and see.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 15, 2013 19:20

It is up to Mick J.

If Mick J wants him in - he is in, and it seemed like Mick liked the other Mick's presence on stage.

Date: January 15, 2013 20:00

Koen
corriecas
The only problem is... Charlie is a better musician as Keef

Huh, how do you measure that? confused smiley

listen to his druming, and he IS a modest guy, unlike Keef and jagger
by the way Keef sometimes forgets the right chords, remember???

jeroen

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 15, 2013 22:12

Ah, give MT a break....his racing around and " posing" was fun to watch!! He was inspired and HAPPY, for once and it was great to see that.
As far as MJ being not as good a singer as in the 70's, I TOTALLY disagree! I think he is much better now, more passion in t he vocals, more experience too, of course. He knows HOW to sing better now after voice lessons etc. Let me say, the show that I saw on Dec 8 in Brooklyn was the ONLY one MT was not at!!! I'm still miffed! If they tour this year, they owe me one!

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: January 16, 2013 04:59

Mickschix, well said! My thoughts exactly! Mick Jagger sings better than ever. His voice has changed, but he's way more in control of his voice than he's ever been.

As for the comment that Mick Taylor looked like he was in bad health, that's ridiculous. He looked great and happy!

He played well and it's going to take time to get back to his form, and if he gets to keep playing with the Stones again, he will be able to get back into the swing of playing as well as he can and feeding off of the audience. I'm pulling for him!

He was and is, and always will be, one of the best guitarists to come out of the 60's. Right up there with Clapton, Hendrix, Beck, Page. He deserves to be credited for it. Think of how many people probably thought those licks that Mick Taylor played were Keith Richards. I used to think that myself, until I found out the truth years later.

I am sure he has a lot of musical ideas too which they might be able to use to make some new music. I really hope so.

They should bring him back. Why not? What's it going to hurt? It's not like the record industry is booming or anything.

It seems like Keith is in the doghouse now, so Mick Jagger is free to bring Taylor back into the fold for more music in the next few years. Jagger knows how good Taylor is and he knows that Taylor was in the band for their greatest years musically.

I really hope the early poster who said that contracts were being worked out is correct. It would be awesome to be able to see him live in concert with those world class lead guitar notes filling a stadium!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: January 16, 2013 05:24

@ sanQ thumbs up well said.

I was at the two London shows and in Europe compare to some previous concerts in the US it was the first time that they had guests on stage. I think it was great to see three guitarists on stage and they all fit in very well. I did not think that Jeff Beck was a very good choice, but Eric Clapton did the heat on nicely and respectful added his tunes to the Stones.

I would love to see MT or whomever back on stage. And if they do a 50 years and CONTiNUE which is now the magic word for this years they might continues the guestappearances.
I look forward to what every happens.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: January 16, 2013 06:34

MCDDTLC
Has anybody heard? I wonder if they will invite him to join-in on any additional
50th Anniver. shows this year and if he will get to play on more than one song?

He sure added something good on Midnight Rambler!!!

Loved Him & Ronnie with that Freight-Train Double-Lead at the end!!!!!

MLC

Hopefully not. I'd like to think the shows I just saw with him and the band will be the last he ever plays with them. Bill too.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 16, 2013 13:53

mtaylor
It is up to Mick J.

If Mick J wants him in - he is in, and it seemed like Mick liked the other Mick's presence on stage.
you can never have enough mick's on stage .two mick's seems the right thing to do

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: January 16, 2013 14:38

I hope

a) they realize a new album

b) it is blues-rooted

c) they invite Mick Taylor to join the band during the studio sessions.

Then it might be evident that he joins the band on stage, too.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: January 16, 2013 18:08

RobertJohnson
I hope

a) they realize a new album

b) it is blues-rooted

c) they invite Mick Taylor to join the band during the studio sessions.

Then it might be evident that he joins the band on stage, too.

i think/hope thats what everyone on here wants, to be honest if it sounded anything like 'Mick Jagger and the Red Devils' boot I'd wet my pants - best thing done by any of them since 92' add a doorstep slice of Keith, weave in some Ronnie, sprinkle with mmmmmelodic Taylor, a back beat of fireworks & hey presto i'll have 10 copies please NOW!!!!

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: January 16, 2013 18:51

soulsurvivor1
Yes...Stones and Taylor are currently discussing a contract.

SOUL

50$ per show, he pays for motel and food himself

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: January 16, 2013 21:55

I've heard from a good source that Taylor & Keith had a long discussion after the last show and Keith told Taylor he want's him involved in any new live show's..

But Keith saying it and it happening are two different animals..

We'll see

MLC

Date: January 16, 2013 23:00

MCDDTLC
I've heard from a good source that Taylor & Keith had a long discussion after the last show and Keith told Taylor he want's him involved in any new live show's..

But Keith saying it and it happening are two different animals..

We'll see

MLC

I wouldn´t doubt that thumbs up

Date: January 17, 2013 00:35

Grison
@ sanQ thumbs up well said.

I was at the two London shows and in Europe compare to some previous concerts in the US it was the first time that they had guests on stage. I think it was great to see three guitarists on stage and they all fit in very well. I did not think that Jeff Beck was a very good choice, but Eric Clapton did the heat on nicely and respectful added his tunes to the Stones.

I would love to see MT or whomever back on stage. And if they do a 50 years and CONTiNUE which is now the magic word for this years they might continues the guestappearances.
I look forward to what every happens.

Yeah?????????
what about sheryl crowe, dave matthews on stage in europe in the past in europe?
They were there. sorry!!!

jeroen

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1141
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home