Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Some Girls Volume 2: Rumors
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 10, 2013 22:25

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

You can believe anything you want until there's an announcement:

Some Girls became the Stones all-time bestseller and revitalized the group during the height of punk rock. Modern artists felt the Stones, who had risen to fame in the 1960s were becoming antiquated, out of touch with changing times. That didn't -- and still hasn't! -- happened. (The Stones have hinted in the wake of their extremely successful recent limited tour, that they will extend the concerts throughout 2013.)

Now there's some talk that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards would like to do a follow-up/continuation to this legendary disc, returning to New York themes and recording studios. New York has changed a lot since the grimy glamorous 1970s. What would the boys write about? How Times Square has been utterly Disneyfied -- over-lit, over-crowded, totally generic? (I guess to youngsters seeing it for the first time, it's still impressive.)

News That's Fast and Wrong Is Still Fast -DP Show

Re: Some Girls Volume 2: Rumors
Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: January 10, 2013 22:26

I'd rather drop the Stones in the deep south and have them write there.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 10, 2013 22:28

Thanks for the tip!

But sadly, pretty sure none of this would actually happen. Mick would never even entertain the idea. Plus, considering the new music coming out of NYC---Mick would love it--but Keith would hate it.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 10, 2013 22:36

well, gun warfare is down on the city streets. they could write an ode to michael bloomberg. the yankees suck again, there's a song waiting to happen there, i'm sure...yeah, this definitely has possibilities

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 10, 2013 22:37

Sequel albums are a waste, but I'll always welcome another session.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 10, 2013 22:39

Another Some Gals okay .... but I don't give a stuff about Fleetwood Mac...

ROCKMAN

Date: January 10, 2013 22:47

How about the Stones write and record in London?

Date: January 10, 2013 22:52

How about the Stones write and record in London?....any town is fine by me

ROCKMAN

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: January 10, 2013 22:57

Hey if they need a muse or concept for inspiration that's cool... Yeah the vibe of New York, I'm inspired already. I know many of you in Europe will feel different but the Glimmers have been New Yorkers since the 80's... Perhaps I'll get a call to wrap cables or make tea.... drinking smiley

Date: January 10, 2013 22:58

Me and the kids love Disneyland. Disneyfied any town is ok by me...

Write that song guys

Date: January 10, 2013 22:59

why not try something new....how about laramie, wyoming? maybe it's just the place to find their muse and get back to their same old used to be....or soemthing.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: January 10, 2013 22:59

Well they certainly should finish Fiji Jim... and I'd love to hear the 10 minute version of Whip in pristine quality.

Honestly, I would love them to go back to that. Just hope they put out a 10 track screamer, not the bloated and filler-ish A Bigger Bang... And mix it right this time. No more loudness war...

Date: January 10, 2013 23:00

Why not record an album in Disneyland?

Date: January 10, 2013 23:00

Rockman
Another Some Gals okay .... but I don't give a stuff about Fleetwood Mac...

Are you spreading rumors?

Date: January 10, 2013 23:01

BlackHat
Why not record an album in Disneyland?

Which attraction would be the backdrop?

Date: January 10, 2013 23:06

Which attraction would be the backdrop? ....Main Street USA or Mickey's Toon Town

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 10, 2013 23:07

i love this idea .hope this comes true!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: January 10, 2013 23:49

Silly idea and most likely no basis in reality. What would be the point? If I remember correctly Some Girls songs are not exclusively about or written in New York. Beast of Burden, Faraway Eyes certainly aren't and I doubt Before They Make Me Run was. I'm sure they would prefer to leg it back to Jamaica and revisit GHS or a sleepy London Town, or the French Riviera....or more likely they will meet up in a mutually agreeable location (probably Europe) where they will re-hash some crap off ABB or Voodoo Lounge.

What we really want, as Rockman said, is a Delta Blues influenced selection of new songs with a couple of covers from Robert Johnson like Terraplane Blues and a few COuntry songs. It ain't going to happen so let's look forward to some more Jagger songs and the possibility of a tour.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: January 10, 2013 23:56

maybe they should take away their credit cards and money and stick them in Edith Grove this winter...with no heat of course...perhaps that would inspire some new tunes...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 10, 2013 23:57

How Times Square has been utterly Disneyfied -- over-lit, over-crowded, totally generic?

It really is awful now, nothing that you can't see in a big suburban mall except with bigger signs and brighter colors.

It would actually be cool if Mick did write some great lyrics about how commercial it's all gotten, if he's on his game it would be great.

Date: January 10, 2013 23:58

crumbling_mice
What we really want, as Rockman said, is a Delta Blues influenced selection of new songs with a couple of covers from Robert Johnson like Terraplane Blues and a few COuntry songs.

no we don't. nuh-uh.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: January 11, 2013 00:01

StonesTod
crumbling_mice
What we really want, as Rockman said, is a Delta Blues influenced selection of new songs with a couple of covers from Robert Johnson like Terraplane Blues and a few COuntry songs.

no we don't. nuh-uh.

Tod, you know it makes sense...just give in to your inner voices

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 11, 2013 00:10

Album Sequels: how to REALLY tell your fans that you're completely creatively TAPPED OUT.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: January 11, 2013 00:15

Try tellin that to Wayne Hancock ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 11, 2013 00:22

cowboytoast
maybe they should take away their credit cards and money and stick them in Edith Grove this winter...with no heat of course...perhaps that would inspire some new tunes...

If New York has been Disneyfied, Edith Grove has been gentrified - though a couple of days' residency by the Stones should soon send it back downmarket.

Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: January 11, 2013 00:34

crumbling_mice,I like the idea. SLOWER tempo songs would suite them well in this stage of thier career.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 11, 2013 00:51

Who will lock them in the kitchen with an acoustic guitar? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: January 11, 2013 00:56

BlackHat
How about the Stones write and record in London?

How about Chicago?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 11, 2013 00:57

cowboytoast
maybe they should take away their credit cards and money and stick them in Edith Grove this winter...with no heat of course...

Screw that.
Even this Edith Grove don't like that Edith Grove.

Bring 'em down here to the Big Easy. I'll be glad to show them around.

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: January 11, 2013 01:02

I don't understand the "get back to New York themes and recording studios"-- wasn't Some Girls recorded in Paris ??

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2002
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home