Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Track Talk: Mixed Emotions
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 29, 2021 19:12

KRiffhard
I really like 'Mixed Emotions'...but this live version is really poor:
[youtu.be]

Charlie and Bill are, as usual, great, but the song is missing drive. The clam bombs Keith is dumping don't work like they did in 1989. I probably posted this earlier, I dunno. Ronnie cracks me up in this, getting lost but also playing some sweet riffage. The ending, 'you're not the only one', has some fantastic groove going on.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: August 29, 2021 21:07

What does 'clam bombs' mean? (Excuse my ignorance!)

Date: August 29, 2021 22:51

tomcat2006
What does 'clam bombs' mean? (Excuse my ignorance!)

LOL

Keith's wompy riffage with no value to the rhythm. He's just dropping bombs (riffs) wherever with no regard to flow or timing.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: August 29, 2021 23:01

That’s a fantastic version. Wish they had released more of that show on Flashpoint. … I don’t think Ronnie was lost there; I think he “finished,” Mick liked what he heard, was just getting into it, and wanted more.

Date: August 29, 2021 23:07

MelBelli
That’s a fantastic version. Wish they had released more of that show on Flashpoint. … I don’t think Ronnie was lost there; I think he “finished,” Mick liked what he heard, was just getting into it, and wanted more.

Ha ha - no, Ronnie was on. But there's that moment in that chorus where he takes his glasses off and walks around... his solo and riffage was fantastic, especially towards the end where he made it grunty.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 25, 2023 22:06

new lyric video

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: July 25, 2023 22:32

MelBelli
It sure is! So much better than the studio version. I love the clam bombs(and the terminology). I can never decide if the Stones are the tightest sloppy band, or the sloppiest tight band, that ever was.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 25, 2023 22:59

Thank you for posting the new video. To be honest I gave up on these, so it went unnoticed. Got to say this is much closer to what I would like to see in these lyric videos. Only complaint/constructive criticism is that I would prefer Steel Wheels only imagery.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 25, 2023 23:43

i agree with you

keep the images to the time frame of the song

but other then that this seems like a step in the right direction for these

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: July 26, 2023 02:04

Count me in on more clam bombs! Love that rompy rendition! thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 26, 2023 07:00

The last time a Stones song had that immediate impact of telling exactly where the band was at that point in time.

Date: July 26, 2023 08:18

I love the song. It's one of a handful of favorites from the modern era. Never get tired of hearing it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 26, 2023 10:24

Pumpin' Soul classic .... Lurv it live ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TaurocTony ()
Date: August 6, 2023 16:07

Mixed Emotions, like you've never heard it before.

STREAM

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 6, 2023 16:31

TaurocTony

STREAM

Button your lip

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: August 6, 2023 17:27

TaurocTony

STREAM

That's very awesome. Thanks for posting. Where/when was this recorded?

Drew

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: August 6, 2023 18:12

It's the official track. This guy simply did an extraction of the channels and put it in another audio file. Well well, if you want it, i can send it to you.

By the way, the "stream" ends when it becomes obvious that it's a job anyone could do.

Date: August 6, 2023 19:05

So maybe he's good at working with audio programs. This is a big thing with The Beatles right now. There's a lot of titles in the bootleg market. Maybe this is the reason there's a secret big release by them later this year. Just like Ya-Ya's or at least sort of.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: August 6, 2023 19:22

GivenToFly15
It's the official track. This guy simply did an extraction of the channels and put it in another audio file. Well well, if you want it, i can send it to you.

Thanks. Any chance you can post the whole thing on IORR?

Drew

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 6, 2023 19:30

drewmaster

Any chance you can post the whole thing on IORR?

Forty Licks in Dolby Atmos - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 7, 2023 18:34

This is one I wish they'd do live more often. Was a fairly decent hit.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 7, 2023 20:09

VoodooLounge13
This is one I wish they'd do live more often. Was a fairly decent hit.

I agree! Saw it live 1990 in Gelsenkirchen but when Mick tried to sing it many years later, it didnt feel right (to him). So they dropped it.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: August 7, 2023 21:05

GasLightStreet
KRiffhard
[youtu.be]

Charlie and Bill are, as usual, great, but the song is missing drive. The clam bombs Keith is dumping don't work like they did in 1989. I probably posted this earlier, I dunno. Ronnie cracks me up in this, getting lost but also playing some sweet riffage. The ending, 'you're not the only one', has some fantastic groove going on.

I remember when this was aired. If my memory serves me well this came from Toronto early on in the tour. There was a complete soundboard of this show from Wolfgangs Vault if I'm not mistaken.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-07 21:11 by Sighunt.

Date: August 9, 2023 09:13

Sighunt
GasLightStreet
KRiffhard
[youtu.be]

I remember when this was aired. If my memory serves me well this came from Toronto early on in the tour. There was a complete soundboard of this show from Wolfgangs Vault if I'm not mistaken.

The MTV Awards aired on 9-6-1989.

Mixed Emotions is from the first show of two in Toronto on 9-3-1989.

Oddly enough, the Stones were playing in Pittsburgh on 9-6-1989 but... a little earlier than California in regard to, oh, something new in the set list, other than Mick presenting whatever to Living Colour - that was in real time.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: August 9, 2023 10:54

IMO, the song never really worked live. Compared to the album version , it misses groove, and the background choir has always sounded thin. The song is hard to sing, hence Mick's voice saving singing doesn't make the song better.

Posted by: lelandsundries ()
Date: August 14, 2023 09:24

it's funny. i never liked this track until i heard the trip version and even then i didn't love it. then i heard it played on bruce springsteen's sirius xm show. then i started liking it and started really liking the vulnerability and honesty of it--and the harmonies are great. i picked up the tokyo dome concert and liked that version a lot. idk, it's not the best stones song but it's got something to it.

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: August 16, 2023 15:59

Love this song.

Posted by: perkmo ()
Date: August 16, 2023 16:26

Niklas
Love this song.
Me too

Date: August 16, 2023 16:30

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1962
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home