Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Miss You Yawn
Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: January 7, 2013 05:14

I was listening to the 12-15-12 pay per view CD in the car today when I heard a big yawn during Miss You. I turned to my son and asked if he yawned. It wasn't him. I played the track again, and then confirmed while watching the pay per view DVD, at 2:25 and especially 2:45 in to the track, the audience microphone was up loud and real close to an audience member, and you can hear the yawn as if some one was in the room. It's the loudest thing from an audience member I've heard on a soundboard recording. This has to be edited out, if they notice it, if this is a commercial release. Did anyone else notice the yawn?

( I know there will be silly comments about yawning during Miss You anyway, but this was a recording blunder)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-07 05:21 by deardoctortake1.

Re: Miss You Yawn
Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: January 7, 2013 05:22

My gosh. I heard it when I was watching the PPV and now I hear it every time I listen to the CD. The first time I heard it, it actually made me jump, like someone was sitting right next to me. It comes out of the left speaker. I think it's someone singing very badly. I think at some point you hear him say "miss yoooooouu" or something totally off the mark.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 7, 2013 05:32

It's probably someone doing a bad karaoke Jagger impression, and not a "yawn" at all, though I haven't heard the performance. But let me guess--it's that part after the middle verse [in the studio track, at 2:05] when the song slows down and Jagger goes "aaaaahhhhhhh-I....I've been walking central park, singing after dark..."

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 7, 2013 05:46

It was one of the fun parts of the live broadcast. These strange, off key utterances that made you look over at your friends and see if they did it.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 7, 2013 06:11

Well, if there is ever a time to yawn during a Stones concert, announcing Miss You should be it...it was alright in 78 but it just sucks now...

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: January 7, 2013 07:24

I think everybody heard it, it was very loud and presumably the same guy (since apparently some strange sounding guy had a mic right next to him) doing the terrible singing on Miss You.

When I first heard it I thought it was Mick, because the only person I should have been hearing that loudly is somebody with a mic in hand. So I was bracing myself for the thousands of jokes about Mick being so old that the concert was past his bed time and what-not. Then when I heard the audience member singing I put 2 and 2 together.

-
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: January 7, 2013 07:57

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 16:08 by midnrambler.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 7, 2013 09:08

scottkeef
Well, if there is ever a time to yawn during a Stones concert, announcing Miss You should be it...it was alright in 78 but it just sucks now...

It was fantastic in 81 and 82, with Bill pushing them all together with this incredibly funky bass coming from this stoic, elfin Englishman.

Date: January 7, 2013 10:13

stonehearted
It's probably someone doing a bad karaoke Jagger impression, and not a "yawn" at all, though I haven't heard the performance. But let me guess--it's that part after the middle verse [in the studio track, at 2:05] when the song slows down and Jagger goes "aaaaahhhhhhh-I....I've been walking central park, singing after dark..."

Indeed it was! I've never ever heard anyone singing that much out of tune thumbs up

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 7, 2013 11:44

For once: an honest crowd reaction...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 7, 2013 11:45

It was me yawning..........and i was not even at the gig.

jeroen

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 7, 2013 12:03

The audience mikes for the show were 12-15 feet off the ground. I looked around and did not see any mikes at audience level, so I can't figure out how that guy was coming in so clearly on Miss You.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 7, 2013 12:22

I just saw the PPV for the first time Sunday and I missed it, primarily because I use this tune to take advantage of the toilet and a fresh beer.

Miss You IS good for something.

Posted by: Glammy ()
Date: January 7, 2013 12:42

I have to yawn everytime that song comes up. Never understood its appeal. One of the worst tracks in their catalog.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: January 7, 2013 12:51

OK, I'm coming out of the closet on this one. I REALLY like Miss You, always have, I judge the quality of a show by how well they do it (as well as Brown Sugar & Midnight Rambler)

There, I've said it, it's out in the open. I'm 63 years old in February & I don't care what anybody else thinks......

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 7, 2013 13:04

What did you think of the PPV EG? Were you "blown away" by it like so many here? I wasn't. Although it had some good moments like "Wild Horses", "I'm Going Down" and the two new songs.
The muffled sound in the beginning kind of set me off. And the show was way too long. 2½ hours is one hour to long. Still I would give it 6/10 just for the effort. What's your verdict?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 7, 2013 13:25

Stoneage
What did you think of the PPV EG? Were you "blown away" by it like so many here? I wasn't. Although it had some good moments like "Wild Horses", "I'm Going Down" and the two new songs.
The muffled sound in the beginning kind of set me off. And the show was way too long. 2½ hours is one hour to long. Still I would give it 6/10 just for the effort. What's your verdict?

I'm pretty much with you, but I have no problem with 2-1/2 hours.
I think any show, especially at this cost, should get you two hours minimum.

I'll stop short of saying I was "blown away," but I had considered going to this show and now I'm somewhat sorry I missed it.
Not so sorry, though, that I didn't spend the travel dollars and (obvious) ticket cost.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 7, 2013 14:02

The audience mikes for the show were 12-15 feet off the ground.

....in that case it musta been Stonestod 'cause he's about that height... a long tall Texan ya know

ROCKMAN

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 7, 2013 16:47

Rockman
The audience mikes for the show were 12-15 feet off the ground.

....in that case it musta been Stonestod 'cause he's about that height... a long tall Texan ya know

yeah, but i like the song. i tried to yawn into the mikes during the new tunes, but they kept raising them out of my reach.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 8, 2013 01:43

I can understand the yawn, actually....not my favorite LIVE song...way too overplayed. The Dec 15th version was special, however...a little extra pizzaz.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: January 8, 2013 02:10

I have not liked the song live very much, but I thought it was much better in 2012, the best since 81 anyway. (I still think the studio version was one of the best singles they ever did though)
Also are you guys sure that was a yawn and not just a guy singing along with a terrible voice?

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: January 8, 2013 03:07

He was singing along. You can hear him a few times.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1660
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home