Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Record Collector Magazine September 1996/Sticky Fingers
Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: January 4, 2013 00:19

Re: Record Collector Magazine September 1996/Sticky Fingers
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 4, 2013 01:17

Thanks, I need to dig out my RCs from 1995 with the great outtake series by Peter Doggett (I think).

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: June 1, 2020 00:46

Hi: Can somebody post again the pages above without the photobucket band?
Thanks.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 1, 2020 01:04

does anyone have that supposed first release on Rolling Stones Records, the interview with Tom Donohue? I have never seen that before. Any idea how many were pressed and distributed?

Edit to add, I saw the blurb about it in the contents of the article that I had not seen when I wrote the above. It mentions a bootleg in the 70s if I remember right. Anyone (or everyone) familiar with that?

I will say that Let It Rock they included on the Brown Sugar EP is some of the most exciting Stones ever captured on tape. Fcukin rocks and Jagger is so right on it.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-01 01:21 by jbwelda.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: June 1, 2020 01:09

Yes, I have two copies - one has a letter on RSR stationery - and both are originals. Bootlegs exist. I’d say €75 if Mint. Try on eBay, bye

Date: June 1, 2020 01:22

thanks Luca, I will start a search right now. How can you tell the boot from the legit, by the way?

jb

Date: June 1, 2020 01:40

The more I thought about it the more I do recall this record and have seen a couple through the years. Looked on ebay USA and there are plenty of them ranging from 10$ up to a couple hundred for the wishful thinkers. Or perhaps the cheap ones are boots? Would love to know how to tell one from the other, otherwise I might just spring for a cheap one just to say I have it.

Thanks for any info!

jb

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: June 1, 2020 09:23

The bootleg has matrix that is different top the one reported on label and the label is not neatly printed. On topo of that, some of the original covers have a sort of glossy finishing, when in mint state. Happy hunting!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1998
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home