Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

If you got free tickets...
Posted by: ChrisO ()
Date: December 27, 2012 06:05

For any group or artist, who would you want to see?
Top five.

Me...

1. PJ Harvey
2. The Rolling Stones
3. Garbage
4. Led Zeppelin
5. Motley Crue

Re: If you got free tickets...
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 27, 2012 06:43

Da Stones

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 27, 2012 12:45

Max'sKansasCity
Da Stones

Who else smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 27, 2012 13:25

Stones
Stones
Stones
GN'R (original lineup)
Janes Addiction

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 27, 2012 14:03

The Stones - simply because I could probably see about 10-15 other shows for the price of even an average Stones ticket.

a Stones ticket costs about 4-5 times as much as that of any other act I'm remotely interested in seeing. sad smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 27, 2012 14:18

Gazza
The Stones - simply because I could probably see about 10-15 other shows for the price of even an average Stones ticket.

a Stones ticket costs about 4-5 times as much as that of any other act I'm remotely interested in seeing. sad smiley

Probably not any more Gazza. Where they lead others follow..........unfortunately !eye rolling smiley

sc uk

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 27, 2012 14:51

........could ya make that four 'cause I wanna take free ovvers wiv me ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: December 27, 2012 15:05

None. With the quick availability of HQ video and audio its just not worth the
hassle. Same for sporting events...

unless...

1) like Rockman says, you're going with a group of like-minded friends, and
can hypnotize each other about how great it was. Plus you get the pre-show and
post-show partying

or...

2) you've got position in the first few rows center, inside the bubble, where
you get to watch the performers as people, and hear them like they hear
themselves, through their own speakers

the exception:

When the crowd is so very rocking that they become part of the show itself.
Sadly that's just not possible for the Stones anymore, given the age of the
attendees, despite whatever nonsense you see written on this forum. I mean,
I don't doubt that the witness themself had a great time, but that the whole
house ROCKED, how ridiculous. I'm not blind.

Posted by: Mimi73 ()
Date: December 27, 2012 15:33

1. Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
2. Stones WITH Mick
3. Matt Schofield
4. die Ärzte
5. Greenday

where can I get the tickets???smiling bouncing smiley
Mimi

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 27, 2012 15:53

I'd go with Zeppelin just because I've never seen them live, and I'm bathing in the afterglow of the Kennedy Honours broadcast last night....plus, Plant was dynamite in a solo show from just over a year ago.

Actually, skip all that...I still pick the stones.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: December 27, 2012 16:32

Led Zeppelin live on stage. Now THAT would be a dream come true.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 27, 2012 16:40

I've always wanted to see "Weird Al" Yankovic in concert, I hear his shows are great, and obviously a lot of fun. Every person I've met, young and old, who've been to one of his shows recommends it. And I've been a fan since I was 5, so that would be huge to me.

He's doing a small 13 date tour of the U.S. and Canada in '13, but he's not coming to Texas. sad smiley

Date: December 27, 2012 17:11

straycatuk
Gazza

Probably not any more Gazza. Where they lead others follow..........unfortunately !eye rolling smiley

sc uk

Most of the bands I would be keen to see charge under £50 a ticket. In fact, most gigs I attend would be no more than half that.

The only acts whose gigs I attend who would be over £50 would be the likes of Bruce, Dylan or Neil Young - and none of those are over £80. I think Leonard Cohen was a bit more, now I think about it (£85-90)

...which makes the Stones prices even more obscene than they already are.

Date: December 27, 2012 17:15

Gazza
straycatuk
Gazza

sc uk

Most of the bands I would be keen to see charge under £50 a ticket. In fact, most gigs I attend would be no more than half that.

The only acts whose gigs I attend who would be over £50 would be the likes of Bruce, Dylan or Neil Young - and none of those are over £80. I think Leonard Cohen was a bit more, now I think about it (£85-90)

...which makes the Stones prices even more obscene than they already are.

yeah, but you get 4 of them, AND guests, whereas with Dylan, Bruce or Neil, you just get one 'name' guy.

It is strictly an arithmetic exercise. It's like seeing 4 shows in one...certainly a measure of efficiency.

Date: December 27, 2012 17:21

so Ronnie's worth the price of admission as much as Mick? er..ok. If you say so.

And do you think the prices will be, say, halved in 2013 if there are no guests?

the recent shows were indeed very good and I enjoyed the one I saw more than any Stones shows Ive seen since 2003, but they sure as hell werent worth £400 for a ticket in my opinion. No show is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-27 17:24 by Gazza.

Date: December 27, 2012 17:26

Gazza
so Ronnie's worth the price of admission as much as Mick? er..ok. If you say so.

And do you think the prices will be, say, halved in 2013 if there are no guests?

the recent shows were indeed very good and I enjoyed the one I saw more than any Stones shows Ive seen since 2003, but they sure as hell werent worth £400 for a ticket in my opinion. No show is.

I'd definitely drop Ronnie and Keith and pocket the £200 difference...maybe Charlie too.

Unfortunately you'd be left with solo Mick, which you'd have to pay me to see, so the math really gets messed up.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 27, 2012 17:28

free isn't cheap enough to see the stones anymore. when they start paying me to see them, then and only then will i consider it....

Date: December 27, 2012 17:32

StonesTod
free isn't cheap enough to see the stones anymore. when they start paying me to see them, then and only then will i consider it....

I'm straight up with you...I'd also insist on a full benefits package, including dental.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 27, 2012 17:35

treaclefingers
StonesTod

I'm straight up with you...I'd also insist on a full benefits package, including dental.

good call. to hell with obamacare. it's time for grrrrcare.

Date: December 27, 2012 17:39

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod

good call. to hell with obamacare. it's time for grrrrcare.

Sounds very similar to obamacare in fact. Everyone seems to be grumbling about it.

Date: December 27, 2012 17:47

treaclefingers
Gazza

I'd definitely drop Ronnie and Keith and pocket the £200 difference...maybe Charlie too.

Unfortunately you'd be left with solo Mick, which you'd have to pay me to see, so the math really gets messed up.

wait til proudmary reads this. She'll kick your ass!

Date: December 27, 2012 17:53

Gazza
treaclefingers
Gazza

wait til proudmary reads this. She'll kick your ass!

I have it coming to me!

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: December 27, 2012 18:15

In the absence of Lady Gaga I would say the Stones.

Date: December 27, 2012 18:19

BlackHat
In the absence of Lady Gaga I would say the Stones.

While I might not like all the music, I would agree that would be a great 'show'.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: December 28, 2012 01:27

Rockman
........could ya make that four 'cause I wanna take free ovvers wiv me ....
Dat's funny, Rockeeeeee. Wuz Bloomers one of de ovver free??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-28 01:34 by riverrat.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 28, 2012 01:45

...heck best make it five then ... dat's if she doesn't mind
also being in the company of me mum ...me nurse and me probation officer

ROCKMAN

Date: December 28, 2012 01:50

OK, Wait! I'll ask her.

Bloomers?????? Does ya's mind???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-28 02:19 by riverrat.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 28, 2012 02:46

Stones
Van Morrison
John Fogerty
Paul McCartney
Bob Seger

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 28, 2012 03:10

riverrat
OK, Wait! I'll ask her.

Jeez riverrat...for free tickets to see the stones, I'd follow anyone and they can bring whoever they damn well please. cool smiley

Date: December 28, 2012 06:14

latebloomer
riverrat
OK, Wait! I'll ask her.

Jeez riverrat...for free tickets to see the stones, I'd follow anyone and they can bring whoever they damn well please. cool smiley
You're easy, bloomers. It looks like we've got a deal on the table. Now just waiting for those 5 free Stones tix. This will surely be Some Kinda Stones Connection! (Do you like vegamite, bloomers? Are you willing to relocate, if needed? Just some food for thought...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-28 06:19 by riverrat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1634
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home