Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT-Breaking Bad TV Show..Any love here for it ?
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 22, 2012 04:35

IMHO, one of the best TV shows ever,if you see it you will be hooked..Amazing....

"Informed he has terminal cancer, an underachieving chemistry genius turned high school teacher uses his expertise to secretly provide for his family by producing the world's highest quality crystal meth"

Check out this article and video from Rolling Stone,they did a cover story on the show..
[www.rollingstone.com]

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-22 04:51 by ROPENI.

Re: OT-Breaking Bad TV Show..Any love here for it ?
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: August 22, 2012 04:56

Absolutely LOVE that show! Best show on TV today, hands down. The critics agree. Quite a collection of Emmy's they've collected as well.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 22, 2012 04:59

I have heard only good things about it, although I have never watched a second of BB. At first publicity, I was turned off by the whole meth aspect... but I am sure I will eventually watch it all.... it sounds too good to miss. Some weekend the ywill show all the eps back to back to back...

I have watched both seasons of Falling Skies though... it is OK... but nothing spectacular.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-22 05:01 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 22, 2012 05:04

Max'sKansasCity
I have heard only good things about it, although I have viewed seen a second of it. At first publicity of it, I was turned off by the whole meth aspect... but I am sure I will eventually watch it all.... it sounds too good to miss. Some weekend the ywill show all the eps back to back to back...

I have watched both seasons of Falling Skies though... it is OK... but nothing spectacular.
Max, my son was driving me crazy to watch it and l thought it would be boring,man was l wrong,watched the first season in one weekend,and now l am on half way of the second season,and l can't say enough about how good this show is,if you have netflix,they have all the episodes..Give it a shot..

Date: August 22, 2012 05:18

Date: August 22, 2012 05:19

ROPENI
Max'sKansasCity
I have heard only good things about it, although I have viewed seen a second of it. At first publicity of it, I was turned off by the whole meth aspect... but I am sure I will eventually watch it all.... it sounds too good to miss. Some weekend the ywill show all the eps back to back to back...

Max, my son was driving me crazy to watch it and l thought it would be boring,man was l wrong,watched the first season in one weekend,and now l am on half way of the second season,and l can't say enough about how good this show is,if you have netflix,they have all the episodes..Give it a shot..
smiling smiley Right on... that is the most fun way to watch those type shows.... it sure beats waiting week by week to see what happens next.... I love just letting it hang out in one weekend... (I have done with Sopranos and Deadwood and...)(and later Californication seasons, when I lost Showtime for a while) ... and that is the best thing about not seeing all of those shows while they run (I hate wating a week, I want it neeeoooooww... all of it at all at once). Although when Deadwood was over, I wanted more... it was way too short those muddefkercoksukers!! LOL, I think Deadwood had more cussing per episode than any other show in history.

I dont do Netflix... yet.... that time is coming...

Date: August 22, 2012 05:22

Plus I have to seperate that guy from being Malcolm's dorky father.... like Al Bundy will always be Al Bundy... no matter what part he is in.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 22, 2012 05:28

Max'sKansasCity
Plus I have to seperate that guy from being Malcolm's dorky father.... like Al Bundy will always be Al Bundy... no matter what part he is in.

Al Bundy is in BB ?

I need to start watching that show !

Date: August 22, 2012 05:30

Edith Grove
Max'sKansasCity

Al Bundy is in BB ?

I need to start watching that show !
I am just going to say... OH YEAH... YES HE IS.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 22, 2012 05:41

My favorite scene from Season 2:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 22, 2012 05:43

Do you mean the show or the ice?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 22, 2012 06:51

Breaking Bad is amazing! Great show and I am dreading the end. Only a few more episodes for this half of the last season. It is getting darker and darker. Aweseom!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 22, 2012 08:24

Great show! It's my 3rd favorite just behind Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire.

Date: August 22, 2012 11:59

It's one of the only shows (besides "Honey Boo Boo" and"Unsung") that I will turn the regular TV on for. And while I hate watching a show episode by episode (vs getting the entire DVD at year's end) "Breaking Bad" is worth it. I think this current new season is one of the best yet.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: August 22, 2012 13:34

I'm longing for the next season (5th) here in Germany. I heard that they will split this season in two summing up 16 episodes and coming to an end.

Posted by: cookwazzahoe ()
Date: August 22, 2012 14:11

Great show!!!

But I miss Gus Fring.........

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 22, 2012 14:27

Oh, but what an ending Gus had, indeed. One of the cleverest and daring endings for a character.
I started watching this show when it first debuted, and knew it had legs. The first season was more like a dark comedy, that kept getting derailed towards darker tracks. And now we are on the final season, and we will see the ending for the story, and undoubtably several characters...I hope Jessie pulls through.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 22, 2012 16:28

Along with Game Of Thrones, easily the best thing on TV over the last few years

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: August 22, 2012 17:23

whitem8 don't tell me how Gus dies! I'm halfway through season 3!

I do like the show, but I can't stand his wife or his wife's sister. They're both so unlikeable, especially the wife. I think i wouldn't mind the character so much if it was a different actress perhaps.

By Season 3, Walt has grown to be very unlikeable as well. His character has evolved so drastically that you barely see any of his season 1 traits.

Very good show though!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 22, 2012 17:31

yeah bitch magnets!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: August 22, 2012 17:56

Yes, folks, be mindful of the spoiler alerts. This show is too good to give anything away to those who aren't caught up.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: August 30, 2012 15:30

Just finished Season Four - those last couple episodes were very very good!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: August 30, 2012 16:55

I am at the end of season 3,and l can't say enough about this show,its fantastic,imho they only other two shows that are (were) just as good were The Sopranos and Dexter...

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 30, 2012 16:59

it's still getting better by the week

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 30, 2012 17:02

This is a fantastic show but imho season5 is the worst so far.

Imho the glimpse-into-what's-going-to-happen that opens the 1st episode of the current season was a bad mistake. Letting the viewers slowly immerse itself into WW's nightmarish life episode after episode would have been more subtle and more efficient.

Otoh... last night I just watched "Trafic", S. Soderbergh's 2001 so-called masterpiece about the US/Mexico drug trafficking issue and it really looked crappy compared to BB.

Paper-thin plot, bland directing, predictable twists, the big screen movie looked pale and sorry compared to the "small" TV show.

Hey Gilligan it's high time you directed a movie! thumbs up

Date: August 30, 2012 18:06

Besides the magnificent BB I appreciate "Carnivale", too, although I don't like mystical stuff otherwise. But "Carnivale" is a great narration of gnostic or manicheistic patterns, I think, i.e. the cosmic battle between good and evil.

Date: August 30, 2012 18:21

RobertJohnson
Besides the magnificent BB I appreciate "Carnivale", too, although I don't like mystical stuff otherwise. But "Carnivale" is a great narration of gnostic or manicheistic patterns, I think, i.e. the cosmic battle between good and evil.
Yes, "Carnivale" was also a great show,but it was cancelled without notice,and no conclusion,a shame....

Date: August 30, 2012 18:32

ROPENI
RobertJohnson
Yes, "Carnivale" was also a great show,but it was cancelled without notice,and no conclusion,a shame....

I think it was cancelled due to its underlying philosophical structures, too complicated for a broad audience, unfortunately. By the way the struggle of good and evil never comes to an end, too ...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 3, 2012 19:34

Just watched the very last episode of 2012 and the final cliffhanger is imo quite subpar. It's seems unlikely Heiseberg would leave such a huge "rtell-tale sign" beside him.

I still don't understand how a such high level of writing can leave room for big warts here and there...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 3, 2012 23:43

I'm taking my time with it. Just received the 3rd Season on DVD. I have friends who gobbled though them. I find them hard to do that way. Each episode is like a movie. And don't tell me what happens.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home