Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I Can Feel The Fire - Ronnie/Mick
Posted by: belld ()
Date: December 22, 2012 03:39

Orgasmic. Hic!

Re: I Can Feel The Fire - Ronnie/Mick
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 22, 2012 11:12

Two minutes, seventy five seconds long!

[www.45cat.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: December 22, 2012 12:30

Deltics

[www.45cat.com]

Surely that's 3 mins 15 secs?

Date: December 22, 2012 12:32

exhpart
Deltics

[www.45cat.com]

Surely that's 3 mins 15 secs?

Yep!

[www.45cat.com]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 22, 2012 12:39

Love the b-side too. Breathe On Me. And the single cut is a different recording to the album version. Well worth tracking down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-22 13:24 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: December 22, 2012 12:42

Oh ...got it now...weird

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 22, 2012 13:29

I just wish Ronnie would get in touch with Rhinohandmade, or Rhino, and get Own Album and Now Look reissued as deluxe packages.

They really are two great albums, and showcase a true talent.

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: December 22, 2012 13:40

A plan about that was presented to Ronnie's management a couple of years ago and nothing happened so far. Such a shame. Warner Archieve could release a fantastic album with all the outtakes and different mixes of I Got My Own Album To Do.

Posted by: TURB0 ()
Date: December 22, 2012 13:45

Silver Dagger
Love the b-side too. Breathe On Me. And the single cut is a different recording to the album version. Well worth tracking down.

Don't want to be a dick - but is this actually the case though? I've heard that it's just an edit of the "Now Look" album version. Have you played them back-to-back?

Date: December 22, 2012 13:53

TURB0
Silver Dagger

Don't want to be a dick - but is this actually the case though? I've heard that it's just an edit of the "Now Look" album version. Have you played them back-to-back?

Someone sent me a cut that is 5.01 mins long and that is the same take as the album version. I was working in a record shop when it was released and I remember it being different. Maybe the version I have is an edit for the The Essential Crossexion album. Can anybody else here help?

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: December 22, 2012 14:42

I can confirm that this B-side version of Breathe On Me has a different mix and alternate ending.

www.rsundercover.eu

Date: December 22, 2012 17:23

You can listen to Breathe On Me here:

[www.4shared.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 22, 2012 17:29

A Wood-Jagger song...according to Philip Norman Mick convinced Ronnie of giving up his credit on IORR and he would give up his on Fire, a bit of a bum deal...I suppose Ronnie sensed that sacrifice would come in handy one day ;-)

Date: December 22, 2012 23:01

Is the mono 'I Can Feel The Fire' a dedicated mono mix or a foldown?

www.rsundercover.eu

Date: December 22, 2012 23:13

Britney
Is the mono 'I Can Feel The Fire' a dedicated mono mix or a foldown?

I don't know but it's probably a fold down, the image I posted was of a promo with the stereo version on the other side:
[www.45cat.com]

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 23, 2012 00:35

gotdablouse
A Wood-Jagger song...according to Philip Norman Mick convinced Ronnie of giving up his credit on IORR and he would give up his on Fire, a bit of a bum deal...I suppose Ronnie sensed that sacrifice would come in handy one day ;-)

Not only according to Norman, but also to Ron Wood himself. He states he traded the credits for ICFTF to the credits of IORR with Jagger.

Mathijs

Date: December 23, 2012 00:49

Mathijs
gotdablouse

Not only according to Norman, but also to Ron Wood himself. He states he traded the credits for ICFTF to the credits of IORR with Jagger.

Mathijs

Woody possibly readjusted his memory after reading Norman.

www.rsundercover.eu

Date: December 23, 2012 01:07

Britney
Mathijs
gotdablouse

Mathijs

Wood stated that in the mid-70's. And Philip Norman doesn't know a thing unless he reads it in a magazine.

Mathijs

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 23, 2012 01:09

Mathijs
Britney
Mathijs
gotdablouse

Mathijs

Wood stated that in the mid-70's. And Philip Norman doesn't know a thing unless he reads it in a magazine.

Mathijs

now, what if the magazine has it wrong? does norman get any credit in a sitch like that?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 23, 2012 01:10

Did Ronnie also say why he'd accepted that pretty unadvantageous trade ?

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 23, 2012 01:41

gotdablouse

My guess would be because Ronnie was not in the band yet. Even though they gave Marianne credit on Sister Morphine, no one outside the band would be given credit again until kd lang in 1997--and only then to stave off a plagiarism lawsuit once Keith alerted Mick to the similiarity with Constant Craving.

Date: December 23, 2012 02:03

Mathijs
Britney
Mathijs
gotdablouse

Mathijs

Mathijs

In which magazine did ya read that Wood quote Mathijs? ;-)

www.rsundercover.eu

Date: December 23, 2012 02:08

gotdablouse

If it's a case of wanting to join the band or fighting Mick over a song credit I think it was an easy decision to make.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: December 23, 2012 04:27

A bit OT: Before it became "all things New Wave" radio station KROQ in Los Angeles was dynamite station around '78-80. They went from the Stones to The B-52's to Zeppelin to The Tubes in one listen. Anyway, I remember one day, fall '79, they played I Can Feel The Fire. I was pretty flabbergasted. Never heard that on the radio before on since.
I can remember the street I was driving down. The song they played after it was White Punks On Dope.

Date: December 23, 2012 12:39

gotdablouse

He didn't have much bargening power, now did he. Jagger wants to release IORR on a Stones record only if he and Keith get 100% credit, else he will not use the song. In trade, Wood can release ICFTF with Jagger on shared lead vocals, something that will boost record sales enormously. Easy choice for Wood.

Mathijs

Date: December 23, 2012 12:45

Britney
Mathijs
Britney
Mathijs
gotdablouse

Mathijs

Mathijs

In which magazine did ya read that Wood quote Mathijs? ;-)

Forgot whether it was a magazine or a book, it's a long interview with pics of Wood in a fantastic house on the beach in LA I believe. He stated it also in an interview in the early 80's, and it's also in his 2 books if I remember it correctly. It's not really a secret.

Mathijs

Date: December 23, 2012 14:38

I thought it had a good chance of being a hit when it came out.
Sadly it wasn't to be.

Posted by: TURB0 ()
Date: December 28, 2012 00:24

Deltics
You can listen to Breathe On Me here:

[www.4shared.com]

Thanks alot!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1469
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home