Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Ronnie Wood marries Sally Humphreys in secret - More photos from wedding added
Posted by: Slim Harpo ()
Date: December 22, 2012 14:27

Lucky man

Re: Ronnie Wood marries Sally Humphreys in secret - More photos from wedding added
Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: December 22, 2012 15:06

Happy photos - good luck to them! Good to see Rod looking so well too.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 22, 2012 15:29

Sallywood

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: December 22, 2012 15:58

Was that really necessary Ronnie?

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: December 22, 2012 18:52

Congratulations to Ronnie and Sally lots of happines to you and happy holidays to you all

drummer_dude

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 22, 2012 20:27

From Huffington Post:

Ronnie Wood Married: The Rolling Stones Rocker Weds Sally Humphreys

Let's hope the third time's a charm for Ronnie Wood.

The Rolling Stones guitarist married his girlfriend Sally Humphreys in a low-key ceremony at London's Dorchester Hotel on Dec. 21, The Sun reports. Wood, 65, and theatre producer Humphreys, 34, have been dating for six months.

Wood proposed after asking his future wife's father's permission at the premiere of the Rolling Stones documentary "Crossfire Hurricane," in October.

"There's no problem with the age difference," Humphreys said following their engagement. "I can understand why people would have a problem with it but it doesn't seem to cause any problems. We get on very well."

Best man Rod Stewart and his wife Penny Lancaster, as well as Sir Paul McCartney and his wife Nancy Shevell, attended the nuptials, which brought out 50 guests. Wood's children Jesse, 36 -- who is expecting a child with Fearne Cotton -- Leah, 34, and Tyrone, 29, were also on hand for the special occasion.

“It was excellent, so great. Brilliant," Wood gushed of the ceremony.

This is Wood's third marriage. He was previously married to Krissy Findlay before splitting in 1978. Then, the guitarist wed Jo Wood in 1985, but the pair divorced in 2009 after his alleged affair with 21-year-old Ekaterina Ivanova.

I didn't know that Ronnie's got two kids that are older or the same age as his new wife. I wonder how they feel about it? I am happy for them, they do seem to be a good match, but it's got to be strange for the rest of his family.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 22, 2012 20:37

Wood proposed after asking his future wife's father's permission at the premiere of the Rolling Stones documentary "Crossfire Hurricane," in October.

That is a classy move, asking her Dad like that.... cool smiley
How awesome is Ronnie Wood? PRETTY DARNED AWESOME!!! smileys with beer

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: December 22, 2012 20:57

latebloomer

I didn't know that Ronnie's got two kids that are older or the same age as his new wife. I wonder how they feel about it? I am happy for them, they do seem to be a good match, but it's got to be strange for the rest of his family.

The age split between Ronnie and Sally is pretty common these days. I'm wondering how old Sally's Dad and Mom are. I hope they are both a little younger than Ronnie and fans of the Faces. Must have been a kick for them meeting Ronnie, Rod, and the ex-Beatle.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 22, 2012 20:59

TravellinMan
latebloomer

The age split between Ronnie and Sally is pretty common these days. I'm wondering how old Sally's Dad and Mom are. I hope they are both a little younger than Ronnie and fans of the Faces. Must have been a kick for them meeting Ronnie, Rod, and the ex-Beatle.

Don't know where you come from TravellinMan, but it doesn't strike me as common, unless you mean for celebrities.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 22, 2012 20:59

He married the honey, she married the money.

I guess you can call it a mutual arrangement.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 22, 2012 21:30

In the candid interview with the Evening Standard earlier this year, Sally admitted that she's not really a fan of the age difference between her and her husband-to-be.

You bet...I know you live for the present but it can't be too pleasant to know for sure that you'll be the one left holding the stick :-(

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 22, 2012 21:39

To marry women younger than their own children is of course a luxury only alpha males can afford. When it comes to rockstars Charlie Watts is the exception that confirms the rule. It's expensive though for Ronnie. In the end he can only keep 1/4 of his earnings. Half goes to his ex-wife and half of what is left will go to his new, younger wife. I doubt Ronnie has been smart enough to write a pre-nup. But maybe Sir Michael has lent him a word of advice?

Posted by: monctonrambler ()
Date: December 22, 2012 22:36

When did Ronnie and Macca become such pals? He really is the 'good time Charlie' of the 'rock royalty' generation eh, in with everyone?

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: December 22, 2012 22:54

The Sicilian

You got it right. After seeing those pics you just can't say there's passion between those two. Hopefully I'm wrong but there are too many young boys and girls that just wants to marry money. Young woman and an old guy like Ronnie? It must be love like Madness sings. It's also funny that when an old man marries a girl who's 30 years younger it's okay but if a man marries a woman who's 20 years older then it's a horrible thing to do. Same thing, right? But like I said that if they BOTH love each other then it's cool, other way around it's not...

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: December 22, 2012 23:28

latebloomer
TravellinMan
latebloomer

Don't know where you come from TravellinMan, but it doesn't strike me as common, unless you mean for celebrities.

Celebrities, second marriages, third marriages, academics, profesionals who postpone marriage until they reach a certain level of employment and still want to start a family.

I don't agree with another poster's honey/money comment. Honey is generally free and she does not look like she is getting by on the national dole. It's not like she is 20 either.

As for the male/female asymmetry let's just note that increasingly women in their 40's are embracing technology to produce family on their own and no one gets upset about that. (Goggle Holly Finn.) It's not the same, but it does show the desire to start again or get something you always wanted right.

Ronnie has a history of longterm marriages. Maybe they like each other and want a kid or two? I don't know, neither does anyone else, hope they are happy a long time.

And, by the way, Keith is another exception to the rule. He's an old married man too.

Thanks for the extra pictures. Love Mrs. McCartney's dress.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 22, 2012 23:38

Many congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Wood!

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: December 22, 2012 23:49

Congrats to Ronnie. What a lovely bride.
Best wishes and many years of joy!smoking smiley

Posted by: chemicalreaction ()
Date: December 23, 2012 00:06

Ronnie! I hope and pray for your luck!
I'm always happy - whene you are happy!!!

I Hope she loves you realy ....!!!

Posted by: chemicalreaction ()
Date: December 23, 2012 00:08

Ronnie...but where are Mick, Keith and Charlie on your Wedding?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 23, 2012 00:58

I hope that they will be very happy! Congrats to Ronnie & Sally! They make a handsome couply really. Rod looks great, I must say.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 23, 2012 01:17

Yeah where are the others, I'm pretty sure I'd read that Keith was supposed to make a speech at the wedding and that he was trying to outdo Stewart...must have been in some tabloid then.

Posted by: viejorolinga ()
Date: December 23, 2012 03:17

Ronnie Wood and Sally Humphreys at the wedding (EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS) []

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 23, 2012 03:37

Single Malt
The Sicilian

You got it right. After seeing those pics you just can't say there's passion between those two. Hopefully I'm wrong but there are too many young boys and girls that just wants to marry money. Young woman and an old guy like Ronnie? It must be love like Madness sings. It's also funny that when an old man marries a girl who's 30 years younger it's okay but if a man marries a woman who's 20 years older then it's a horrible thing to do. Same thing, right? But like I said that if they BOTH love each other then it's cool, other way around it's not...

Have to agree. The kissing photos tell it all--she is as stiff as a board and kisses with her mouth firmly closed, and her smile is expressionless and forced, one would say political. Ordinary men who work ordinary jobs never get the luxury of fooling around with women their daughters' age. Could you imagine if Ron Wood were just a construction worker the likes of Sally what's-her-name being interested in him at 65, if all she had to look forward to were an anonymous popcorn and soda at the local cinema rather than all the photos and hoopla of big film premieres? I'm all for congratulating people on their happiness, but only when it's real. I don't think it's a good match. Look at the first photo in the thread, with them standing side by side, the absolute differences in their facial expressions, her with that placid look of calculated calm and he with that wired look of near lunacy in his eyes. It's as if Ron Wood has become Bill Wyman. Tell me they're not going to have kids. I give this marriage 3 to 5 years tops. Will she want to be stuck with a 70-year-old man when she's still not yet 40? I don't think so. She'll wind up leaving for someone younger--or who knows, maybe Ronnie will get back on the Guinness and he'll leave her for someone younger....

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 23, 2012 03:59

viejorolinga
Ronnie Wood and Sally Humphreys at the wedding (EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS) []

Different clorhes, are you sure they are at the wedding?

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: December 23, 2012 04:52

!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-23 12:29 by Tonstone.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 23, 2012 05:06

Like his guitar playing, his choice in women has improved markedly over the past year. Congratulations all around.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: December 23, 2012 05:18

71Tele
Like his guitar playing, his choice in women has improved markedly over the past year. Congratulations all around.

I think his guitar playing has been kept in check since joining the Stones,but
in my opinion he has been a revelation on these 2012 dates and if I am been honest he has carried the can since 2003

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: December 23, 2012 05:49

Were the other Stones there? Wyman? Kenney Jones or Mac? Jeff Beck?

Date: December 23, 2012 05:56

stonesnow
Single Malt
The Sicilian

True - there is no real passion in that kissing Photo......BUT hey, this is all just media.....you´ll never know what kind of passionate relationship they really have....they seem to be happy and this is all that counts!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-23 05:59 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Date: December 23, 2012 12:27

ThroughTheLonelyNights
stonesnow
Single Malt
The Sicilian

True - there is no real passion in that kissing Photo......BUT hey, this is all just media.....you´ll never know what kind of passionate relationship they really have....they seem to be happy and this is all that counts!

Agree, that seems to be a kiss for the press, one of several pictures, see zimbio.com. She doesn't look like a woman, who just married him because of his money, to me. Congratulations to both! It seems, Keith, Mick and Charlie weren't there? But maybe there are just no pictures of them and they were at a party afterwards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-23 12:28 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2121
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home