Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Ronnie Wood marries Sally Humphreys in secret - More photos from wedding added
Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: December 25, 2012 21:43

the question from my perspective is why a lot of women after age 40 we are not wanted. tis really sad to be alone. why are so many men so shallow.... used to not be so much that way.

Re: Ronnie Wood marries Sally Humphreys in secret - More photos from wedding added
Posted by: thabo ()
Date: December 26, 2012 01:04

tumbled
the question from my perspective is why a lot of women after age 40 we are not wanted. tis really sad to be alone. why are so many men so shallow.... used to not be so much that way.

It all has to do with hormones that emanate a smell, hard to detect consciously but sub-consciously have the effect of atraction or repulsion. Since women over 40 are loosing the ability to pro-create their hormones start changing and thus their smell, this sub-consciously makes them less atractive to men. Men don't loose their pro-creation capabilities and thus older men can still be found appealing for women. In the end the atraction of genders is mainly for most people based (sub-consciously that is) in the primordeal basis of pro-creation. The by creation physical codings of animal behaviour, encoded to ensure the continuation of the human specie, whether we want children or not it still efects us.

Date: December 26, 2012 01:07

Ron is dressing well these days. Like his look.
And who is that woman with Mccartney? That is a beautiful woman.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 26, 2012 03:25

Yes, Ronnie does look good, imo.

That's Paul's new wife.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 26, 2012 03:59

thabo
tumbled

It all has to do with hormones that emanate a smell, hard to detect consciously but sub-consciously have the effect of atraction or repulsion. Since women over 40 are loosing the ability to pro-create their hormones start changing and thus their smell, this sub-consciously makes them less atractive to men. Men don't loose their pro-creation capabilities and thus older men can still be found appealing for women. In the end the atraction of genders is mainly for most people based (sub-consciously that is) in the primordeal basis of pro-creation. The by creation physical codings of animal behaviour, encoded to ensure the continuation of the human specie, whether we want children or not it still efects us.

The hormones you describe--pheromones--are a two-way street. You don't see young college girls fighting each other for the attention of their dad's [or grand-dad's] friends. And yes, men actually do lose the ability to procreate successfully. Erectile dysfunction is more common in older age [and erectile angle and firmness also decline with age], sperm count diminishes markedly after age 50, and a greater percentage of birth defects are associated with children spawned by aging fathers--nature's way of quality control, you might say. The only things about certain older men that attract certain younger women are the Darwinian factors of money and power--the equivalent of social status and security in the animal kingdom. That's why men who are rich and famous can marry beautiful women decades younger--something they wouldn't be able to do if they were janitors or ditch diggers.

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: December 26, 2012 04:43

Sounds like a good reason not to be a janitor.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 26, 2012 13:49

best wishes Ronnie and Sally !!!!!

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: December 26, 2012 16:22

stonesnow
The only things about certain older men that attract certain younger women are the Darwinian factors of money and power--the equivalent of social status and security in the animal kingdom. That's why men who are rich and famous can marry beautiful women decades younger--something they wouldn't be able to do if they were janitors or ditch diggers.

Nice work stonesnow; my bold for emphasis. Great stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 16:22 by paulm.

Date: December 27, 2012 01:08

paulm
stonesnow
The only things about certain older men that attract certain younger women are the Darwinian factors of money and power--the equivalent of social status and security in the animal kingdom. That's why men who are rich and famous can marry beautiful women decades younger--something they wouldn't be able to do if they were janitors or ditch diggers.

Nice work stonesnow; my bold for emphasis. Great stuff.

Thanks paulm! My post was mainly informed from reading the works of anthropologist Robert Ardrey, whose ideas more or less set the tone for discussion on such topics in the 1960s and influenced Arthur C. Clarke and Stanley Kubrick on 2001: A Space Odyssey. One of the great quotes from Ardrey's writing, I believe it's from his second book The Territorial Imperative [1966], was: "The one with the real estate gets the mate."

Caption: Playwright, screenwriter, anthropologist, and author Robert Ardrey [1908-1980]

Caption: African Genesis, 1961

Caption: The Territorial Imperative, 1966

Caption: The Social Contract, 1970

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: December 27, 2012 02:08

Now I understand why Dr. Who got such a lovely young companion last night. He's hecka old. Maybe Ronnie is a time lord like the doctor?

Posted by: kath51 ()
Date: December 27, 2012 02:17

congrats to ronnie and sally. i hope it lasts forever.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: December 27, 2012 06:07

Man, Rod's threads are very classy!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 27, 2012 06:27

Is she wearing a wig?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 27, 2012 07:32

These kind of rock and roll marriages kind of opens up for ridicule. I mean, in ten years time she might be his nurse. To grow old in the rock and roll industry is apparently synonymous with marrying younger and younger women. I don't hear many feminists complaining about this though. Probably because their critisism would involve criticizing women too. And that is a no-no.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 27, 2012 08:46

Good luck Sally!

Posted by: maremma ()
Date: December 27, 2012 10:02

Quite a bunch of old-timers with nice yongsters!!
Pathetic.
Money can't / can buy me love !!!

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: December 27, 2012 14:30

Thanks for the heads-up on Robert Ardrey, stonesnow. Great covers! I'd heard of Social Contract before, but was thinking Rousseau eye rolling smiley

Will keep an eye out for these books...you might like Guns, Germs and Steel, if you haven't already read it. Some of the premises seem the same. The natural selection part on plants was real interesting to me.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-27 14:34 by paulm.

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: December 27, 2012 18:09

stonesnow
thabo
tumbled

The hormones you describe--pheromones--are a two-way street. You don't see young college girls fighting each other for the attention of their dad's [or grand-dad's] friends. And yes, men actually do lose the ability to procreate successfully. Erectile dysfunction is more common in older age [and erectile angle and firmness also decline with age], sperm count diminishes markedly after age 50, and a greater percentage of birth defects are associated with children spawned by aging fathers--nature's way of quality control, you might say. The only things about certain older men that attract certain younger women are the Darwinian factors of money and power--the equivalent of social status and security in the animal kingdom. That's why men who are rich and famous can marry beautiful women decades younger--something they wouldn't be able to do if they were janitors or ditch diggers.

You are very right. However the security a female can find to survive in an animal pack by entering the harem of a Alpha-male, is only a part of the sub-conscious female behaviour. The reason I say this is because one does find more not rich or powerfeull 50 yr old men (re-)marrieng women in their 30's than men in their 30's marrieng woman in their 50's. The explanation most suitable for this phenomena must be (I think) the sub-conscious influence of fertility hormones emantaing from our bodies, though it is true that also in males the production of male hormones becomes lesser after 50, it is more accute the case with females since they are not able at all (the rare cases left aside) to produce offspring anymore after 50. The "human-animal behaviour" is an interresting topic indeed. So I think these two explanations are both valid, and I'm sure there are more, like the "daddy-little girl complex" etc.

Date: December 27, 2012 18:48

paulm
Thanks for the heads-up on Robert Ardrey, stonesnow. Great covers! I'd heard of Social Contract before, but was thinking Rousseau eye rolling smiley

Will keep an eye out for these books...you might like Guns, Germs and Steel, if you haven't already read it. Some of the premises seem the same. The natural selection part on plants was real interesting to me.

Yes, I read that one. Interesting revelation there on food, in that the pecan was only harvested for human consumption as late as the 1840s. Only a few generations have known the delight of a piece of pecan pie! And the acorn is still yet to become a human delicacy.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 27, 2012 20:42

stonesnow

Until the young woman finds out the old man isn't circumcised. YUK!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 27, 2012 23:46

OR Until the old man finds out the younger woman's circumcised.

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2100
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home