Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Who is the dude in the pre-concert montage?
Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: December 19, 2012 17:45

Gazza
frankotero
That was a great way to begin a concert. Fans perfectly describing why we love The Stones. MonkeyTonkMan definately stood out from the others though. Glad this has been pointed this out. Was this in the ppv? I hope the whole intro is there.

It was. I have to say I got a kick out of the fact that Paulywaul's confession about which Stone he'd have sex with has now been seen by a worldwide audience.

I didn't know Paulywall was in it! Guide description/info pertaining to "which Stone" as above so as to identify if that's OK??

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 19, 2012 18:14

rebelrebel

I didn't know Paulywall was in it! Guide description/info pertaining to "which Stone" as above so as to identify if that's OK??

Paulywaul was the one who called Charlie Watts "the dapper gentleman".

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: December 19, 2012 18:16

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-19 18:16 by micwer.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 19, 2012 21:16

Great picture micwer

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 19, 2012 21:47

[www.iorr.org]

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: December 20, 2012 00:00

Def in the PPV but the sound was horrible, I don't see why the used the house sounds - they should have used the regular video fee for that.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 20, 2012 00:11

Gazza
frankotero
That was a great way to begin a concert. Fans perfectly describing why we love The Stones. MonkeyTonkMan definately stood out from the others though. Glad this has been pointed this out. Was this in the ppv? I hope the whole intro is there.

It was. I have to say I got a kick out of the fact that Paulywaul's confession about which Stone he'd have sex with has now been seen by a worldwide audience.

Well THANKS ! Glad you got a kick out of it, only wish I did ! It's er ... embarrassing

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: December 20, 2012 00:15

As to the original question, yep that's MonkeyTonkMan. Met him at Keith's book signing at Waterstone's bookshop in Picadilly for the first time, and ran into him again actually at the second O2 show in London. I know he did come over - or was planning on it at any rate, for one or both of the Newark shows, but alas - no further sightings !

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 20, 2012 04:36

The sound was either awful for this video in the two shows at Newark or I had too much crowd noise around me.
I was able to recognize a few people but not understand most of what they said.

Paulywaul, okay, who did you want to sleep with, or should I say, what kind of stuff did you make up for
the camera? cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: December 20, 2012 11:39

Have they changed this video (slightly) between opening night and the PPV? I mean hasn't bv gone from Ronnie to Mick (cos they could run afterwards) or have I completely lost the plot?

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 20, 2012 14:44

I believe there is also Justin in that montage. I wrote it in the main PPV thread, but it went unnoticed. Can someone confirm it was him? Best if Justin himself does it smiling smiley. He is there once after Martin Scorsese and once after Elton John, I believe. Anyway, gret intro and it is great tat some of us were included!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 20, 2012 15:38

Yes, Justin is in it too. Bluzdude and BV also. Was it Harlem shuffler who appeared on the video and also on 'The One Show' recalling the time Keith pointed a gun at him? I'm sure there are a few others from here who I dont personally recognise.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 20, 2012 15:41

rebelrebel
Have they changed this video (slightly) between opening night and the PPV? I mean hasn't bv gone from Ronnie to Mick (cos they could run afterwards) or have I completely lost the plot?

Yes I think they changed it up slightly. I did notice the about bv as well. There was something else that was different as well, but that as the one that stood out.

Date: December 20, 2012 15:45

angee
The sound was either awful for this video in the two shows at Newark or I had too much crowd noise around me.
I was able to recognize a few people but not understand most of what they said.

Paulywaul, okay, who did you want to sleep with, or should I say, what kind of stuff did you make up for
the camera? cool smiley

Bear in mind that we were all told "if someone put a gun to your head and said you HAD to have sex with one of the Rolling Stones .............." and so you HAD to choose one. I went with Charlie because he's the best dressed of the bunch. What a ridiculous question, hence an equally ridiculous answer. The other questions were much better, but in my case, none of the answers I gave made it onto the final cut, so ............... ??? O well, it was a fun few hours up in central London being ever so silly !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-20 17:47 by paulywaul.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 20, 2012 16:18

Haha, okay, thanks, Pauly. Yeah, dumb question, creative answer, considering!

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1437
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home