Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

they rehearsed moonlight mile AND had taylor back but didn't play it
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:52

frustrating. was totaaly psyched for moonlight w/ taylor

Re: they rehearsed moonlight mile AND had taylor back but didn't play it
Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:55

Maybe in 2013

Date: December 16, 2012 17:56

I will say though I would have loved to hear Moonlight with MT had they dropped Midnight Rambler that would have sucked because that was THE highlight of the show.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:57

Would rather have heard CYHMK with Taylor and Bobby.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:59

slew
I will say though I would have loved to hear Moonlight with MT had they dropped Midnight Rambler that would have sucked because that was THE highlight of the show.

they certainly could have had him on for two songs

Date: December 16, 2012 17:59

CYMK would have been the holy grail!!!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 16, 2012 18:02

I agree Midnight Rambler was the highlight. I also thoroughly enjoyed Paint it Black.

Biggest surprise for me was how welcome Start Me Up was to the set...didn't think I'd want to hear that, but it was quite good.

Date: December 16, 2012 18:04

I know they could have had him on for more than one song but not likely to happen. It would kind of be a slap at Ronnie. Everyone knows MT is a better player than Ronnie and maybe it would upset Ronnie. It was MT's decsioin to leave. I would love to see a four or five song slot of:
Midnight Rambler
Moonlight Mile
Time Waits For No ONe
Sway
Can't You Hear Me Knocking?

Reality unfortunately dictates that is not likely to ever happen.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 16, 2012 18:12

I have no doubt that you will hear it in the upcoming shows. It's just too bad they couldn't add 5 songs to the setlist.

I just think they were trying to fit him in and establish a routine. How they want him to play, where to stand, how to interact with Keith and Ronnie, and how to leave Mick alone sometimes. Now that they have "tamed" him somewhat, they can move on to different numbers.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 16, 2012 18:13

slew
I know they could have had him on for more than one song but not likely to happen. It would kind of be a slap at Ronnie. Everyone knows MT is a better player than Ronnie and maybe it would upset Ronnie. It was MT's decsioin to leave. I would love to see a four or five song slot of:
Midnight Rambler
Moonlight Mile
Time Waits For No ONe
Sway
Can't You Hear Me Knocking?

Reality unfortunately dictates that is not likely to ever happen.

Who wouldn't want to hear Taylor playing on GS, Dead Flowers, YCAGWYW and Love In Vain, to mention a few more? And what about Winter? It's the season for it here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 18:17 by kleermaker.

Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 20:04

I do not think Ronnie has an ego. In fact I think he gets along very well with Mick T. I think Taylor will help Ronnie and Keith play better. A 5 song set would be great.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 16, 2012 21:56

Ronnie Wood is not known for having an ego, he loves playing with anyone and is more than happy to take a back seat. Ronnie, unlike the likes of Taylor has other strings to his bow - i.e. painting. He could make his living out of his this without the music income and he has made it known he gets as much pleasure from painting as he does from playing.

Having said that, his playing this year has been outstanding. GOne are the days of face pulling while his fingers did little or nothing. He puts in a shift and has played some fantastic music with both the Faces and the Stones throughout 2012.

I don;t want to start the whole Taylor/Wood debate as I think they are too very different types of guitarist. Taylor couldn't stand in for Ron on a Stones tour and play the wide variety of styles necessary. On the other hand Ronnie can't play the fluid lead work which Taylor is renowned for. Although, I think he is a little rusty and needs a bit more road work with the Stones for him to do MR justice in the way he used to. But hey, we all get old!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:58

Send It To me
was totaaly psyched for moonlight w/ taylor

And you blame the Stones for that ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: bam ()
Date: December 17, 2012 00:02

"I don;t want to start the whole Taylor/Wood debate as I think they are too very different types of guitarist. Taylor couldn't stand in for Ron on a Stones tour and play the wide variety of styles necessary. On the other hand Ronnie can't play the fluid lead work which Taylor is renowned for. Although, I think he is a little rusty and needs a bit more road work with the Stones for him to do MR justice in the way he used to. But hey, we all get old!"

+1

Posted by: Dean ()
Date: December 17, 2012 00:06

bam
"I don;t want to start the whole Taylor/Wood debate as I think they are too very different types of guitarist. Taylor couldn't stand in for Ron on a Stones tour and play the wide variety of styles necessary. On the other hand Ronnie can't play the fluid lead work which Taylor is renowned for. Although, I think he is a little rusty and needs a bit more road work with the Stones for him to do MR justice in the way he used to. But hey, we all get old!"

+1

I will put my hat in the ring for this post!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 17, 2012 00:07

Maybe it didn't quite work when they rehearsed it?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 17, 2012 00:37

The Sicilian
I have no doubt that you will hear it in the upcoming shows. It's just too bad they couldn't add 5 songs to the setlist.

I just think they were trying to fit him in and establish a routine. How they want him to play, where to stand, how to interact with Keith and Ronnie, and how to leave Mick alone sometimes. Now that they have "tamed" him somewhat, they can move on to different numbers.

Agreed, can't see him not being part of their future shows...ideally for a few more numbers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1944
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home