Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: MICK TAYLOR takes his rightful place in the show's final bow
Date: December 17, 2012 05:36

did he get paid for the shows? how much?

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 08:57

John&Trish
We saw him in 72 in MSG NYC, a boring statue....adding NOTHING to the show. Along comes RONNIE..their first choice,::if it wasn't for Ronnie McLagen, of the Faces, who got Mick Jagger's call & did not tell Woodie...EH???? P..he is STILL A BORING statue....compared to the great RONNIE ....JUST SAW THEM BOTH!!!

John&Trish
No he does not have a rightful place. He is N O T a Rolling Stone. His choice. Now he wants to cash in? Where was he? Ronnie Wood took over & nicely! Tired of this Mick Taylor stuff. He was with the band so briefly. Ronnie stayed. Get over Mick Taylor. He quit. He lost out. His decision. You can not just cash in after you chose to quit. It is Ronnie's place now. Far well Mick Taylor....again!

Gawd what an idiotic sequence of posts. Your first sentence betrays your ignorance. You don't have to be a fan of Mick Taylor but to alot of people it was great seeing MT re-united briefly with the Stones. The Stones would agree, afterall they invited him. Plus MT and Ronnie go way back so there's no animosity there, Ronnie doesn't need your protection. Why does it always have to be MT vs RW - they're both great.
So let it go dude, surely you've got other things to get worked up about?

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: December 17, 2012 10:02

The mini tour has clearly shown that Ronnie has in no way to be afraid of Mick Taylor and that both deserve a place in the Stones. Personally they obviously do not have any problems with each other. This might be the best news of that anniversary tours. All the old Taylor vs. Wood discussions have proven pointless. If they ever decided to do another tour where they pley some different songs they should invite Mick Taylor.

Date: December 17, 2012 10:19

Taylor is GREAT as a guest, but on a full 23 song set? Hm, I'm not so sure...

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 13:36

talkcheap
71Tele
The way to do a tour with Taylor would be to have a section of songs he plays on: MR, CYHMN, maybe a slow blues like Love In Vain. We saw Taylor get better and more confident each night, and we saw the crowd's reaction and the extra burst of energy he brought to the evening. If they tour, the "Taylor Interlude" would be a highlight of the evening and give us something to look forward to we have not had on recent tours.

I agree, the Stones sounded like they did in the early 70`s when Taylor played.

Nope, they didn't come close imo, that includes Taylor. But times have changed, they are getting older and kind of meek, which is only natural. The only way to avoid that is to keep on playing 3 hours a day, listen to Jeff Beck. The fans and the band had a great time though, and in the end that's all that matters.

Date: December 17, 2012 17:01

VT22
talkcheap
71Tele
The way to do a tour with Taylor would be to have a section of songs he plays on: MR, CYHMN, maybe a slow blues like Love In Vain. We saw Taylor get better and more confident each night, and we saw the crowd's reaction and the extra burst of energy he brought to the evening. If they tour, the "Taylor Interlude" would be a highlight of the evening and give us something to look forward to we have not had on recent tours.

Nope, they didn't come close imo, that includes Taylor. But times have changed, they are getting older and kind of meek, which is only natural. The only way to avoid that is to keep on playing 3 hours a day, listen to Jeff Beck. The fans and the band had a great time though, and in the end that's all that matters.

Have you used the link I forwarded and watched the show already? Good thumbs up

Posted by: cn854 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 17:10

I've never been much of a Wood fan but I've got to admit he looked and played well on this mini tour, I have a new respect for Woodie and I feel pretty confident that Woodie really pushed hard to get Taylor back into the band, I'm thinking they are pretty good freinds and there are no hard feelings between them, it's a Jagger/Richards ego thing.

MT? It was time to have him back.

Date: December 17, 2012 17:17

It was great having Mick Taylor back, and he did well - eventually very well!

For some of you it sounds like Taylor has been knockin' on the Stones-door, desperatly wanting to be part of the band again. Why?

I haven't read anything about that anywhere. Should we take that for given?

So why is this a "Mick and Keith ego-thing", and not just a welcomed come back for Taylor?

I have heard that Taylor and Wood have rehearsed together prior to this anniversary, though, so you might be right about Wood doing his part to make this happen, cn854.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 17:23

DandelionPowderman
VT22
talkcheap
71Tele

No, too risky. Besides I am still waiting for my '76 refund. grinning smiley

Date: December 17, 2012 17:25

VT22
DandelionPowderman
VT22
talkcheap
71Tele

No, too risky. Besides I am still waiting for my '76 refund. grinning smiley

"They didn't come close, imo"

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1520
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home