Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
MICK TAYLOR takes his rightful place in the show's final bow
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 15, 2012 04:23

Re: MICK TAYLOR takes his rightful place in the show's final bow
Posted by: Blue ()
Date: December 15, 2012 04:41

Nice!! Can't help but think Bill belongs there too, but not meant to be.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 15, 2012 06:20

Once again, he wasn't really invited up there. He just sort of got up with them. And the pat on his stomach seems like Jagger (rightfully) is letting Taylor have his moment in the sun. If they go on tour, he won't be with them so Jagger can at least give him these shows.

But as a Taylorite, this is very nice to see.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 15, 2012 06:27

Best possible ending would with Taylor and Wyman there, with Brian and Stu up on the screen behind them.

smileys with beer

Posted by: SanctifiedMind ()
Date: December 15, 2012 07:19

That was really nice to see!

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:26

SanctifiedMind
That was really nice to see!

+1

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:38

I'm sorry but it looks like he invites himself to the final bow. I don't mind it though.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:44

His Majesty
Best possible ending would with Taylor and Wyman there, with Brian and Stu up on the screen behind them.

smileys with beer

That wouldn't be creepy at all.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:57

Great for him. He deserves that bow to say the least.

Date: December 15, 2012 22:02

good to see

that bow for me was for 69 - 74

thank you !

Date: December 15, 2012 22:07

jamesfdouglas
His Majesty

smileys with beer

That wouldn't be creepy at all.

No it wouldn't, they showed a pic featuring Brian during the gig anyway.

smiling smiley

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: December 15, 2012 23:24

RollingFreak
Once again, he wasn't really invited up there. He just sort of got up with them. And the pat on his stomach seems like Jagger (rightfully) is letting Taylor have his moment in the sun. If they go on tour, he won't be with them so Jagger can at least give him these shows.

How on earth do you know he wasn't invited? He looks invited to me. Also, that's Ronnie patting his belly.

Date: December 15, 2012 23:34

bigfrankie
RollingFreak

How on earth do you know he wasn't invited? He looks invited to me. Also, that's Ronnie patting his belly.

Mick does it first before Ronnie gives a wee cuddle to Taylor.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 15, 2012 23:54

What they do on stage with the final bow giving each other a pat and hug is what they do all the time when they see each other.Ronnie and Mick Taylor walking away with their arms around each other was really cool..hey good to see smileys with beer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: December 16, 2012 03:55

I think Taylor is very sorry he left the Stones. Not a very smart thing to do and I never understood why he left. Maybe he don't himself.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:10

He knows why he left. It was because he was heavily into drugs and his life was going down the tubes. If he would have stayed in the band, he would have died.

Plus Jagger and Richards were surrounded by yes people, especially Keith who had people praising his every move. They weren't modest at all.

But those days are done. They are all older, wiser and more down to earth.

Mick Taylor just said in a Billboard interview that he's having an amazing time on this little tour and that he's really happy to be there. He said if they invite him back, he will join.

Date: December 16, 2012 06:33

sanQ
He knows why he left. It was because he was heavily into drugs and his life was going down the tubes. If he would have stayed in the band, he would have died.

Plus Jagger and Richards were surrounded by yes people, especially Keith who had people praising his every move. They weren't modest at all.

But those days are done. They are all older, wiser and more down to earth.

Mick Taylor just said in a Billboard interview that he's having an amazing time on this little tour and that he's really happy to be there. He said if they invite him back, he will join.

But Taylor said in an interview that the drug thing got much heavier after he left. It wastn't until the 90´s he got clean with help of methadone.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:55

Nice to see, too bad he didn't play a couple more songs...next time!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:57

Very Very cool!! i a really glad they havehim come out. Even thogh he left years ago he will always be a Rolling Stone.

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:01

I thought it was a very, very nice touch. Bravo.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:14

Mick Taylor has shown that he were and still is an important musician for the Stones. His playing on Rambler has been awesome and he really should have playing on even more songs. Great to see him taking his part of the final bow. Because he earned it with or without Jaggers acknowledgement!

Get Mick T back in line for any upcoming events and make him have his rightfully earned credentials as a co writer on songs too.

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Date: December 16, 2012 07:22

Fan Since 1964
Mick Taylor has shown that he were and still is an important musician for the Stones. His playing on Rambler has been awesome and he really should have playing on even more songs. Great to see him taking his part of the final bow. Because he earned it with or without Jaggers acknowledgement!

Get Mick T back in line for any upcoming events and make him have his rightfully earned credentials as a co writer on songs too.

They could afford it

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:33

Well, on tonight's show Taylor was there for the final bow, in center spot, as Ronnie, Charlie, Jagger and Keith flanked him two on each side. No one looked unhappy!

And Taylor seemed to get better with each show, both in his playing and integrating into the band.

He'd be an absolute beast if they gave him more time in the show and took him on tour again.

Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 15:31

It looked like to me he did kinda invit himself for the final bow but them he has more to do with th Stones than the "Vegas Stones" over the last 15 years in Leavell and D.Jones. I liked it. I would have liked it even more if he had played on Happy (although Ronnie did well on his lap guitar) and a few other songs.

Face it, they sounded great but for the most part I was Darryl and Charlie with Mick singing and a few Chuck notes thrown in. Guitars are just not as up front anymore. Taylor would bring that element and allow Ronnie the freedom to play! Just like Taylor did in his solo time on MR. He signaled to Ronnie and Ronnie threw down a raunchy sounding guitar. I know 3 guitar lineups are tough but having Taylor would allow if more posing for the other 2. He can keep chugging away while they take photo moments for the crowd.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: December 16, 2012 15:39

Nope, gotta disagree.
Taylor is out of place in that final bow.
It should be only The Rolling Stones members.
He's not a member anymore in my book.

Honestly, it looked a bit pathetic the way he forced himself between Mick & Keith on last nights show.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 16, 2012 15:42

RollingFreak

Ronnie patted the Taylor tummy...

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: December 16, 2012 15:45

bigmac7895
It looked like to me he did kinda invite himself for the final bow but them he has more to do with th Stones than the "Vegas Stones" over the last 15 years in Leavell and D.Jones. I liked it. I would have liked it even more if he had played on Happy (although Ronnie did well on his lap guitar) and a few other songs.

Face it, they sounded great but for the most part I was Darryl and Charlie with Mick singing and a few Chuck notes thrown in. Guitars are just not as up front anymore. Taylor would bring that element and allow Ronnie the freedom to play! Just like Taylor did in his solo time on MR. He signaled to Ronnie and Ronnie threw down a raunchy sounding guitar. I know 3 guitar lineups are tough but having Taylor would allow if more posing for the other 2. He can keep chugging away while they take photo moments for the crowd.

This is exactly what they should do. It solves all the problems they had before.

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: December 16, 2012 15:51

duke richardson

Ronnie patted the Taylor tummy...

An so did MJ after the 5 of them took the final bow.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 16, 2012 16:09

His Majesty

smileys with beer

thumbs up

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 16:43

BowieStone
Nope, gotta disagree.
Taylor is out of place in that final bow.
It should be only The Rolling Stones members.
He's not a member anymore in my book.

Honestly, it looked a bit pathetic the way he forced himself between Mick & Keith on last nights show.

keith himself said nobody leaves the rolling stones alive thus mick taylor will always be a stone !

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home