Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: TONIGHT ON NIGHTLINE - "IS THIS THE END?"
Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 19, 2012 06:01

That too

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 19, 2012 07:04

JumpinJackOLantern
slew
Mick is always very guarded in what he has to say. Part of what makes him facsinating and somewhat of a mystery.

Frustrating is the word that comes to mind.

About fanship, one point:

One should not control one's idols!

[Preferably, conscious of the difference between idols and ideals.]

Date: December 19, 2012 16:32

Witness
JumpinJackOLantern
slew
Mick is always very guarded in what he has to say. Part of what makes him facsinating and somewhat of a mystery.

Frustrating is the word that comes to mind.

About fanship, one point:

One should not control one's idols!

[Preferably, conscious of the difference between idols and ideals.]

Well, in that case get me on Flight #505.smoking smiley

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: December 19, 2012 20:52

Well, they launched an apple phone app. They released two new songs and a record. They did a PPV.......all of those things are what any business would do to promote their brand. Rather than trying to read between the lines of interviews look at the actions......they all indicate prep for a at least a mid-size arena tour. They created incredible awareness that needn't have been done for just 5 shows once they sold out. The PPV couldn't have been worth that much for the money alone......but the pre-selling value of future shows is immense. And an "iPhone" app?

My wife's 98 year old grandmother told me that you never stop thinking like you are 16. So, the poster that mentioned above that Mick, and all of them, are probably weary of being reminded of their age and the age of the band is likely the real reason for feeling the anniversary was "thrust" upon the. Mick and Keith haven't been "mates" or close friend for 30 years, The "tiny todger" bit and other slags in "Life" is just a modern day version of "Brenda." BTW, Keith also says a lot of complimentary things about Jagger in life.

I doubt they are stopping.....they sound better now than they have in years.....

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-20 06:33 by Woz.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1950
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home