Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
TONIGHT ON NIGHTLINE - "IS THIS THE END?"
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: December 13, 2012 18:34

There's a special tonight on ABC's 'Nightline' called "Is This The End". I believe it's an interview with the band members about what's coming.....or not.

smoking smiley

*I think 'Nightline' airs at 11.30 PM EST*

ETA: If anyone has more info, please share.

Thanks,
CE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-13 18:34 by Cocaine Eyes.

Re: TONIGHT ON NIGHTLINE - "IS THIS THE END?"
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 13, 2012 19:15

Assuming it is, the answer is "no", Mick said many times he'd never play that card and he's calling the shots.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: December 13, 2012 19:20

Cocaine Eyes
There's a special tonight on ABC's 'Nightline' called "Is This The End". I believe it's an interview with the band members about what's coming.....or not.

smoking smiley

*I think 'Nightline' airs at 11.30 PM EST*

ETA: If anyone has more info, please share.

Thanks,
CE

Very funny...

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: December 13, 2012 20:11

Wonder if they'll ask Charlie ?

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Date: December 13, 2012 23:11

We already know they´ll give it one more shot on Dec 15 winking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 13, 2012 23:31

Esquire January 2013

ROCKMAN

Date: December 13, 2012 23:45

I KNOW they'll never say that it's over. The quote "Is This The End?" is the way the show is being advertised.

Be interesting to hear what they have to say............

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 13, 2012 23:46

Preview;

[abcnews.go.com]

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: December 13, 2012 23:49

just this micro tour is over I bet.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: December 13, 2012 23:52

ABC screwed up - it's actually "This Is The End" and they're going to profile The Doors.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: December 14, 2012 07:03

The Stones were just featured on Nightline...

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 14, 2012 07:05

So....what did they say?

Date: December 14, 2012 07:08

jazzbass
So....what did they say?

It was about a ten minute segment (really a promo) for the PPV event but all the band members (Mick, Keith, Ronnie, and Charlie) were interviewed and discussing how they have cleaned up and rehearsed for this tour-also a little questioning regarding Mick and Keith's relationship.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 14, 2012 07:13

any news of 2013 ?

Date: December 14, 2012 07:18

Deathgod
any news of 2013 ?

No new information regarding any new dates for 2013. The piece was really about the staying power of the Stones, how they have defied time, etc, etc plus as I stated, the interviewer (? don't recall his name), was asking Mick about his relationship with Keith, which Jagger gave his usual PC correct answer that it was positive currently.

Date: December 14, 2012 07:19

thanks !

Date: December 14, 2012 08:56

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 14, 2012 09:00

as a friend of mine said a long time ago...
"The media is the The Stones sand box"

Date: December 14, 2012 09:12

...retirement would be a death-sentence ..... HEY that's a good one

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: December 14, 2012 13:26

Date: December 14, 2012 14:04

I saw that TV int earler.
Mick looks done.
It's obvious he and Keith haven't been mates for eons.
We all knew, but it was sad to hear about the writing.playing together days have long passed.
I kinda got the feeling he can't wait for this 50 thing to end.

I will be sad if this last gig is the LAST gig, but I tip my hat to a bunch of guys who have had a huge effect on my life and have been with me on this life journey.

To me being a Stones fan isn't just about the music, it's a way of life.
The lazy slight off the beat riff is embedded in my soul.
I feel it even when Im not playing or hearing it.

If the PPV is it, thanks for starting the greatest rock n roll band on the planet.

And if you are going out, RIP THIS JOINT!

Date: December 14, 2012 15:30

Lien

Thanks kindly for the video from last night.

I'm not sure what to think - do they seem tired or are they merely weary? I know that I do get weary of it all after all these years but I'm still not tired of it.

Perhaps they just need a little rest and then they'll come back in 2013 refreshed when the '50 and counting' thing is no longer "thrust upon them". It's difficult to do things when it's demanded/expected by the media and the fans. I think they'll be fresher and more ready when they can carry on in their own timeframe. No more of this '50 stuff' hanging around their necks like an albatross!

smoking smiley

Date: December 14, 2012 15:45

They don't look either tired or weary to me thumbs up

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: December 14, 2012 17:08

After last night's show.... they are not tired at allthumbs up

Date: December 14, 2012 17:27

custom55
After last night's show.... they are not tired at allthumbs up

Good! That's great to hear. It's probably only my perception of things......

hot smiley

Date: December 14, 2012 19:05

Deathgod
Mick looks done.
We all knew, but it was sad to hear about the writing.playing together days have long passed.

I will be sad if this last gig is the LAST gig, but I tip my hat to a bunch of guys who have had a huge effect on my life and have been with me on this life journey.

If the PPV is it, thanks for starting the greatest rock n roll band on the planet.

Excellent observations. There is nobody more optimistic then me but this sounded like the clock was close to striking midnight. I came away from this a little pissed. Sounds like Mick never wanted to do this "50 thing" until it was "thrust on him", as he stated during the interview. I am beginning to think he isn't quite as smart as I originally thought him to be. Sounds like he wants all this to end as quickly as possible. Also, sounds like he and Keith really will never be that close again. Sounds like they can work together within the group but will never be able to be in the same room alone together banging out new music. This is very disturbing. I guess we have to get used to the new formula and hope for the best. The two new songs are pretty good so maybe they can still pull this off writing from separate continents. Certainly not ideal. Somehow I don't think Mick will ever truly forgive Keith. That makes me both sad and angry. Jagger is much colder than I thought him to be.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: December 14, 2012 19:06

Deathgod
Mick looks done.
I can see where you got your name. smoking smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 14, 2012 21:41

JumpinJackOLantern
Deathgod
Mick looks done.

Excellent observations. There is nobody more optimistic then me but this sounded like the clock was close to striking midnight. I came away from this a little pissed. Sounds like Mick never wanted to do this "50 thing" until it was "thrust on him", as he stated during the interview. I am beginning to think he isn't quite as smart as I originally thought him to be. Sounds like he wants all this to end as quickly as possible. Also, sounds like he and Keith really will never be that close again. Sounds like they can work together within the group but will never be able to be in the same room alone together banging out new music. This is very disturbing. I guess we have to get used to the new formula and hope for the best. The two new songs are pretty good so maybe they can still pull this off writing from separate continents. Certainly not ideal. Somehow I don't think Mick will ever truly forgive Keith. That makes me both sad and angry. Jagger is much colder than I thought him to be.

What there is between Mick and Keith, seems to be restricted to, at best, a good working relationship. However, at the moment as much as that. Stated by Mick in plain words and in a rather reserved manner. A reserve displaying some personal distress towards Keith rather than coldness, was my impression. - I share the sadness you expressed, but not the anger. Personal relationships involve difficult matters, as we should know most of us from our own lives.

The big question then is if Mick feels the need and the inspiration to work. And if he does, through the Stones or outside the Stones. A continuation of these concerts during 2013 does not emerge quite as much as a given fact like it did before these interviews, I agree.

And it is the matter of the physical strain on Charlie, who apparently would not in advance have missed to do these concerts. Keith on the other hand seems more fit than through several years. As a result, probably more motivated than recently to do more after this spell of concerts.

If the two of them, Mick and Keith, cannot again in any reborn understanding sit in the same room and throw ideas to the other any more in making new songs, I wonder if they could be willing to send each other tapes of ideas they themselves originally believed in, but feel they have not managed to fulfill. Done in a good working relationship and in the respect of the other's ability. I suppose Keith in that case ought to be the first one to send Mick such a tape.

For the Stones to be able as a living band to go on with live concerts, my impression is that they need to have the infusion of inspiration and vitality from making and recording songs to an amount equivalent to an album. And two or three songs out of this will probably have to be good enough and suited, also in the public eye, to be played live in addition to the new songs of 2012. The reaction of the public to these new songs was at any rate promising.

If this instead will be an end, it is the end to Rolling Stones tours. Not necessarily to the band as such. New recorded material and single, more or less closed concerts to an invited audience - filmed and made available to the public - can still follow from the Rolling Stones as a unit later on. If not as a certainty, far from it. However, no announcement, I sincerely hope.

Date: December 14, 2012 22:25

Great to see the interview even though these things are always rehashing countless other interviews they have done in the past.

I was surprised to hear that even Charlie had his doubts about a reunion amidst the Mick/Keith freeze out earlier this year. I guess it really looked like things weren't going to pan out. I don't see any of them tired or exhausted or not wanting to do this. If anything, they're probably tired of literally being asked the same questions over and over. By this point, it's so tedious.

As far as Mick looking anxious...you can tell he's quite defensive on a few points: his exercise regime, how he and Keith write separately and the chore of the participating in the 50th Anniversary. I think it was important for Mick to put his foot down about the writing. People are still holding on to this idea that it takes Mick and Keith to be in the same room to make a classic Stones song. Having them together and writing guarantees absolutely nothing. I get tired of hearing this---can't imagine how aggravated Mick is by that assumption.

Mick's "disinterest" in the anniversary just seems to me that he hates being reminded how old he (and the band) is. He looks fed up with hoopla. He doesn't want to be reminded about this stuff. He just wants to do his thing without any of the same BS asked of him over and over "How do you do it at 69?" "Why have you kept touring?" blah blah blah. Useless stuff and he seems to have reached his limit.

They all seem pleased to be doing these shows. There is absolutely no way a group of guys can hate what they do and who they work with and still put on some SOLID shows as they have been doing. You play as great as you feel. And it looks like these guys are happy they got to work together one more time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-14 22:36 by Justin.

Date: December 14, 2012 22:33

they're probably tired of literally being asked the same questions over and over

Yeah maybe they should ask something different like
.............Hey Mick what kinda motor ya got in ya lawn-mower???

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1597
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home