Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2013: Rush, Heart, Donna Summer, Public Enemy among inductees
Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 19, 2013 05:34

Rush in a Hall of Fame - Are we sure its not Hall Of Shame?!

Re: OT - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2013: Rush, Heart, Donna Summer, Public Enemy among inductees
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 19, 2013 05:43

slew

Excellent try sir. But your name precedes you...good luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-20 15:49 by Munichhilton.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 19, 2013 05:56

This thread is pretty much proof why its so hard to have a Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. Everyone, at this point after the obvious go in, are way too subjective.

Having said that, I am on the side as well that the hall is a total joke now and I'm lucky if one band I like gets in a year.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: April 19, 2013 06:01

Deep Purple not being in is inexcusable.

Rush should have been in long ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-19 06:02 by Rialb.

Date: April 19, 2013 06:10

Apparently Jann Wenner got alot of boos during Rush's acceptance speech. According to Twitter from fans there.

Date: April 19, 2013 08:04

slew

you can't be serious. the most successful prog rock band of all time and i believe the hold/held the record for consecutive gold/platinum records the last 40 years

Date: April 19, 2013 16:33

WooooHoooooo

Fantastic job RUSH. I'd like to thank Neil for showing up...Thank you Geddy for the fan shout out...I drank 21 12 ouncers to you all!!!

Nap time...

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: April 20, 2013 04:27

The Foos doing Rush at last night's R&R Hall of Fame

Date: April 20, 2013 05:23

Keefriffhard4life - Yes I am serious one of the bands that I truely can not stand. Awful to my ears. Boring music. Yes Neil can hit the drum a millon times a second but its bloody noise to my ears. I don't like "prog rock" at all. Yes, ELP, Ruch etc. I do not like it!

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: April 20, 2013 05:43

I know this much -- Public Enemy and Albert King are greats.

Date: April 20, 2013 06:02

Albert King yes - Public Enemy I won't comment its not my thing. Hey of you like Rush and think they are HOF worthy then good for you I just don't like them.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: April 20, 2013 09:00

The institution of a Disco hall of fame is in order...

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 20, 2013 09:07

Not a single one of these acts should be in the Rock + Roll Hall of Fame. This is truly scrapping the bottom of the barrel and its only going o get worse going forward.

In what universe is Donna Summer and Public Enemy considered rock + roll?

Date: April 20, 2013 09:25

James Kirk
In the same universe where Madonna and Abba have already been in for years.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: April 20, 2013 09:26

James Kirk
Not a single one of these acts should be in the Rock + Roll Hall of Fame. This is truly scrapping the bottom of the barrel and its only going o get worse going forward.

Donna...straight disco.

Date: April 20, 2013 09:59

James Kirk

how can people keep saying rush and heart don't deserve to be in eye popping smiley

Date: April 20, 2013 15:25

There are quite a few artists in the Hall that should not be there. The Hall of Fame is kind of stupid for music.

I love the baseball HOF there is a criteria for getting in and for the most part only the great get in. You are supposed to be great to get into a Hall Of Fame not just merely good. There are not many in the Baseball Hall that don't belong a couple of borderline cases like Ralph Kiner, Jim Rice and Fred Lidstrom. But they do it right.

Date: April 20, 2013 16:20

keefriffhard4life
James Kirk

how can people keep saying rush and heart don't deserve to be in eye popping smiley

Well there's racism, bigotry, and prejudice...
Now we've seen genuine black hearted musictryjiceism...

Anyone who thinks RUSH shouldn't be there hasn't heard Alex's acceptance speech.
RUSH doesn't care about you.

Date: April 20, 2013 16:21

And I don't give a toss about RUSH

Date: April 20, 2013 16:22

slew
And I don't give a toss about RUSH

Very good sir, thank you a third time...

Date: May 11, 2013 04:48

Seeing tomorrow night and I'm excited --- seated in row 2. I give a toss x 3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-11 04:50 by custom55.

Date: May 13, 2013 01:15

Great show... Very impressed with this band... taken with my i phone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-13 01:15 by custom55.

Date: May 13, 2013 01:18

Ahhhh yes. The young upstarts from Toronto.

Saw them in Austin fairly recently sitting so close I put my feet up on Alex's monitor.

Great show and lots of highlights.
Analog Kid is just amazing and The Camera Eye was great on the previous stop in Austin.

Glad you had fun. They are worth every penny...and no guest artists!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 13, 2013 03:57

slew

They totally deserve to be there. I'm not a big fan by any means. I sometimes find Geddy Lee's singing to be occasionally annoying.

But...The Trees and Red Barchetta are just brilliant songs from them.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 13, 2013 04:33

Here is a remake video of the song "YYZ" by Rush.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 13, 2013 07:48

DaveG
What about Ten Years After? THey have been eligible for over 20 years. They were all about rock and roll! And, with Alvin Lee passing away last month, one would think that some consideration would be given.

Let's see: "I'm Going Home" by TYA or "Short People" by Randy Newman - which one would you define as rock and roll??

The HOF is an absolute joke.

thumbs upI miss old Alvin.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 13, 2013 07:54

flacnvinyl
Amen to what all of you said. The rock hall is irrelevant. Randy Newman? Rocknroll? I feel like this argument comes up every year. They should just rename it to Popular Music Hall of Fame. It would be more fitting and above all, honest.

+1

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 13, 2013 07:57

James Kirk

Not in my universe

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 13, 2013 08:02

the rock and roll hall of fame is such a bunch of meaningless crap

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 13, 2013 10:36

Louis Armstrong Miles Davis and Jackson 5 is inducted but not Johnny Thunders or New York Dolls...how far from seriousness can a hall of fame be?

2 1 2 0

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1628
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home