Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
PPV Vote : 12 tracks to pick from
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 12, 2012 12:22

That was hard to summarize in a title ! Full title on the smartphone Apps is : "12 Rolling Stones Tracks announced for Live vote in Global Pay Per View Concert - "ONE MORE SHOT"

12 Tracks to pick from :
- Around And Around
- Beast Of Burden
- Dead Flowers
- Far Away Eyes
- If You Can't Rock Me
- Let It Bleed
- Rip This Joint
- Rocks Off
- Shattered
- She's So Cold
- Street Fighting Man
- You Got Me Rocking

Site to vote : [www.rs50byrequest.com] (or www.rollingstones.com until December 14 if you don't have a smartphone)

PS - I wonder if that's what they had in mind when the i.Phone app was launched and we thought it would mean we'd be voting for songs next year ?...

Full PR :

Rolling Stones fans around the world are being given the chance to vote for one of 12 tracks personally selected by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood.

The track with most votes will be announced and performed live at The Rolling Stones’ forthcoming concert in New York. This will be the final gig of the band’s “50 and Counting” tour, staged at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on December 15 and telecast live via pay-per-view around the world as “One More Shot” (9pm ET in the US).

Here are the 12 Rolling Stones classics that fans will be voting for:
Around And Around
Beast Of Burden
Dead Flowers
Far Away Eyes
If You Can't Rock Me
Let It Bleed
Rip This Joint
Rocks Off
Shattered
She's So Cold
Street Fighting Man
You Got Me Rocking

The international vote – entitled By Request…LIVE – is a world-first and opens online and in The Rolling Stones Official App today (December 11) before becoming exclusive to the app on December 14.

The By Request…LIVE vote closes on Saturday December 15, during the live gig itself. For each country, details of how to watch the live international pay-per-view of “One More Shot” can be found in The Rolling Stones Official App.

The Rolling Stones Official App is now available to millions more fans around the world having launched on Android following its worldwide debut on iPhone in November. Furthermore a new version of the app, built especially for iPad, is coming soon. For more details go to [www.rs50byrequest.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-12 12:25 by gotdablouse.

Re: 12 tracks to pick from for PPV Vote
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: December 12, 2012 12:24

Damn, I just posted the same. Will delete mine, you have more info winking smiley
I voted for Around And Around.

Re: PPV Vote : 12 tracks to pick from
Date: December 12, 2012 12:26

Ah sorry about that! Not sure what to vote for..."Around and Around" is certainly the rarest of the bunch looking at recent years. I hope the vote won't be "rigged" like it was during the B2B tour ;-)

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 12, 2012 12:27

Around and Around - every other track listed was performed during either the Licks or Bigger Bang tours. It's time for a Berry-number again, IMO.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: December 12, 2012 12:32

My thoughts exactly, I went for the rarest one. Perhaps we can join forces here on IORR and get this song played?

Date: December 12, 2012 12:32

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 12, 2012 12:34

Let It Bleed ........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: December 12, 2012 12:43

You Got Me Rocking

( grinning smiley )

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: December 12, 2012 12:46

Beast Of Burden

Date: December 12, 2012 12:49

Around And Around

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 12, 2012 12:49

Faraway Eyes

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: December 12, 2012 12:50

Beast Of Burden!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 12, 2012 13:08

I need an app to get the app to get the app... then I will be happy to vote.

Hey buddy, can you spare an app?

Date: December 12, 2012 13:12

Max'sKansasCity
I need an app to get the app to get the app... then I will be 'appy to vote.

Date: December 12, 2012 13:15

DandelionPowderman
Max'sKansasCity
I need an app to get the app to get the app... then I will be 'appy to vote.

oh man... how did I miss that? Thanks for the elp.

winking smiley

Where is that confounded app?

Posted by: rastakeith ()
Date: December 12, 2012 14:04

Street Fighting Man but I would like to hear Around And Around.

Posted by: novica ()
Date: December 12, 2012 14:18

Around And Around

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: December 12, 2012 14:30

Around And Around !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 12, 2012 14:32

Around And Around. All those other tracks were played (some of them a lot) during the last cople of tours and if any of those would appear in a setlist, it would hardly be a surprise. And after hearing I Wanna Be Your Man, I think that Around And Around would sound truly fantastic.

Posted by: nashville ()
Date: December 12, 2012 14:56

You Got Me Rockin' for me.

andy

Date: December 12, 2012 14:57

Too bad there isn't a live count, I can see some more "rigging" coming our way with "Beast of Burden" getting the nod..can't remember if they only had that webchoice thingy in 1997/98 or did they have it for other tours too?

After seeing them rehearse No Expectations, Worried About You and That's How Strong My Love Is it's hard to understand why they're not in the list!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 12, 2012 14:59

I will choose Street Fighting Man. I love this song

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 12, 2012 15:20

"Around And Around" !

Date: December 12, 2012 15:23

gotdablouse
I hope the vote won't be "rigged" like it was during the B2B tour ;-)

What do you mean, what happened then?

Date: December 12, 2012 15:30

StrawberriesBlueberries
gotdablouse

On that tour they had an internet vote before every show, and a then at the show they did a dog and pony schtick where Mick (Jagger, not Dundee) would look up at the screen, and scroll through the list of internet voted songs... and then they would play the winner, it was fun... but in the end some say it was all set/rigged to what song would be played no matter the vote... I dont know what was what...

rose colored glasses are ok sometimes.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 12, 2012 15:33

it was legit to begin with but they grew bored with it and started rigging it or dropping it altogether.

They even rigged it for the PPV in St Louis. Fans had overwhelmingly voted for @#$%&, but there was no way that was going to be played on TV....on the night of the show, Waiting on a Friend mysteriously ended up being the winner. Which was just as well, as by complete coincidence they had Josh Redman waiting in the wings to come on and play on it.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 12, 2012 15:33

Rockman
Let It Bleed ........

Now c'mon Rockers, ya saw that one in London!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 12, 2012 15:35

Gazza
it was legit to begin with but they grew bored with it and started rigging it or dropping it altogether.

They even rigged it for the PPV in St Louis. Fans had overwhelmingly voted for @#$%&, but there was no way that was going to be played on TV....on the night of the show, Waiting on a Friend mysteriously ended up being the winner. Which was just as well, as by complete coincidence they had Josh Redman waiting in the wings to come on and play on it.

So bet it will be Wild Horses then. Should get the Susan Boyle fans going.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 12, 2012 15:38

Max'sKansasCity
StrawberriesBlueberries
gotdablouse

On that tour they had an internet vote before every show, and a then at the show they did a dog and pony schtick where Mick (Jagger, not Dundee) would look up at the screen, and scroll through the list of internet voted songs... and then they would play the winner, it was fun... but in the end some say it was all set/rigged to what song would be played no matter the vote... I dont know what was what...

We got Love Is Strong in Helsinki. I remember the internet list on the big screen was full of classic songs from the 60's and the 70's and then they picked that one....

Date: December 12, 2012 15:50

kowalski
Max'sKansasCity
StrawberriesBlueberries
gotdablouse

We got Love Is Strong in Helsinki. I remember the internet list on the big screen was full of classic songs from the 60's and the 70's and then they picked that one....

Yeah, I was never thrilled with the songs they played for me, and that was a tour when I saw 7 stops, but they never picked the song I voted for... oh well... I never win the lottery either. I geuss that was when I really stopped caring about set list and just went with whatever songs they played.... but still, it was funny/fun to watch Mick (Jagger, not Dundee) do his schtick.

This last summer I heard Elvis Costello did a REAL random song thing, where he actually had a wheel on stage, and they would spin it before every song...and then play it. I am not much of a fan of his, but that sounds fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-12 15:52 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1819
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home