Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Where is Mick Taylor and awful surprise guests??
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:44

Munichhilton
I think MT will be there, but his appearance will be negated by the single most destructive force the Stones have ever known

my review?

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:45

The gig in Aviles Spain is still showinjg on Mick T's website and there is no mention of playing with the Stones in the US

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:46

StonesTod
Munichhilton
I think MT will be there, but his appearance will be negated by the single most destructive force the Stones have ever known

my review?

Bingo

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:46

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
Rokyfan
Rambler was better without MT. Just saying.

I can't imagaine anything more irritating than the need to see "just saying" after you just said something...Worst linguistic fad of the 21st Century so far.

i'm personally more irritated when people have to say personally after they say i...as if there's an alternative....

I personally agree. Just saying.

Personally I feel the overuse of the words "EPIC" and "Meh" are far worse, just saying

Names please...

saying "just saying" negates the need for names, thats the way I personally feel about it anyway, just saying.

Meh.

That was EPIC!

Max, I was really impressed with Ron Wood in Brooklyn. He sounded great.

That is great to hear you say. I am glad he impressed you. Ronnie is awesome... btw- The second I read that Taylor didnt show up in Brooklyn I thought that sucked... I knew you were there to see him.... and what a let down it must have been, that sucks man.

Max, I knew it was a possibility he wouldn't be there. I bought the ticket knowing the risks, so I can only be so disappointed. It was likely my last Stones show and I enjoyed it very much despite the fact that I apparently will never see them with Taylor. That's the way it goes. It was great to share the band with a friend who had never seen them, and to have a great couple of days in NY.

Date: December 10, 2012 19:58

How was the show, Tele?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 10, 2012 20:05

monkeymantoo
The gig in Aviles Spain is still showinjg on Mick T's website and there is no mention of playing with the Stones in the US

Go and try and buy tickets for it. Last time I tried to do that (only for research purposes!), the link went nowhere.

The promoter has confirmed he has cancelled because he's playing with the Stones and is offering refunds.

Taylor not being confirmed today doesnt mean he isnt playing. His appearance in London wasnt announced at the same time as the 'non Stones' special guests but a few days later.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 20:07 by Gazza.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 10, 2012 20:23

I'd thought that I'd read somewhere, Twitter or Facebook, that Taylor would be playing the 2 NJ shows... before I'd even heard that there was going to be a Brooklyn show??

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 10, 2012 20:34

Yeah what's he gonna do ? Come over early to NY to do one song ,then sit around for a week to play PPV ? I think it's understandable that he wasn't there, but I expect we will see him at the weekend.

Hopefully he'll "accidentally" sit on ga ga back stage, dashing her hopes of dueting with Bill on "In Another Land".>grinning smiley<

sc uk

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 20:45

Obnoxious, but a tad humorous nonetheless....smiling smiley

Date: December 10, 2012 20:50

U R Right,I am lucky. 8 of those shows were Mick Taylor solo shows and twice we partied afterwards to sunrise. He's a great guy and an even better guitar player. Ive never seen him perform with the Stones and I hope somebody gets to these greedy idiots before its too late for us faithful here in the States.

Date: December 10, 2012 20:51

I sure hope so....

Posted by: rambler44 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 20:54

Keep in mind they are trying to get casual fans to plunk down $40 to watch the ppv. Announcing Springsteen, GaGa, & The Black Keys as guests will appeal to many casual and non Stones fans. Those "Little Monsters" will watch anything GaGa does.
Unfortunately Mick Taylor is not that well known or even known as a former member of the Stones outside of hardcore Stones fans. A very sad but very true fact. So announcing him as a guest now would not be a big draw to the ppv. I will be there on the 15th and will be bitterly disappointed if he is not there.

Date: December 10, 2012 20:55

Boy I hope U R right....I'd pay $500 for 12 minutes to see Mick Taylor play Rambler and would walk away happy if I saw nothing else.

Date: December 10, 2012 20:56

ronkeith72
Boy I hope U R right....I'd pay $500 for 12 minutes to see Mick Taylor play Rambler and would walk away happy if I saw nothing else.

Stick around for GaGa...she'll do a great Miss You

Date: December 10, 2012 20:58

I will be there as well but the whole thing willbe a total drag for me if he doesn't play.

Date: December 10, 2012 21:01

just great,an average song that Jagger ALWAYS insists on playing at EVERY show made worse by Lady Gaga.

Date: December 10, 2012 21:20

ronkeith72
just great,an average song that Jagger ALWAYS insists on playing at EVERY show made worse by Lady Gaga.

He'll bust it out on 121212 too...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 10, 2012 21:36

jamesfdouglas
I'd thought that I'd read somewhere, Twitter or Facebook, that Taylor would be playing the 2 NJ shows... before I'd even heard that there was going to be a Brooklyn show??

Someone on shidoobee confirmed it as a fact from a 'reliable source' close to Taylor about a week ago.

Taylor or the Stones never confirmed or denied anything.

The only person who has issued any confirmation was the promoter of Taylor's show in Aviles who confirmed the cancellation last week and said it was because Mick was 'going on tour with the Stones'. He didnt specify for how many shows or which shows.

The Brooklyn show was announced, what, a month or six weeks ago? There was definitely nothing confirmed about any guests for any of the shows until a few days before the opening London show. Taylor and Wyman were confirmed as playing in London on 21st November.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 21:37 by Gazza.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: December 10, 2012 21:44

Personally, I am grateful to be of the firm belief that Mick Taylor's contribution to the Stones, and his guitar playing in general, have been vastly overrated in certain quarters.

Also, I'm super excited for all of the guests during the PPV. I suppose the reason for this is because I'm not a member of the Rolling Stones, I'm simply a fan. Therefore, I really have nothing to bitch about; I just get to enjoy the music of the greatest rock and roll band in the history of Rock and Roll.

The fact that they've been around for 50 years is nothing less than miraculous. The fact that they are doing this mini-tour is a gift to whichever fans choose to view it as such.

Date: December 10, 2012 21:48

dammit. i thought i made it clear i will not tolerate any more "personally, i" statements.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 10, 2012 21:50

And why dont they play beast!!!?? love in vain? does someone knows?

Date: December 10, 2012 21:54

rooster
And why dont they play beast!!!?? love in vain? does someone knows?

somebody always knows

Date: December 10, 2012 21:58

ronkeith72
Being a veteran of 123 Rolling Stones and/or Stones Solo shows I'm sad to say that although I have a decent seat to Saturday's PPV, my enthusiasm is taking a huge hit with the apparent fact that Mick Taylor's invitation has somehow been overlooked and he will NOT be appearing with the boys. I understand Bill is 75 and has a fear of flying, although he somehow managed to overcome that fear for hundreds of shows in the past. Taking away Mick & Bill for a 50th Anniversary Stones PPV show, who by the way, actually ARE Rolling Stones and replacing them with the likes of Lady Freaking Gaga & The Black Keys is nothing short of embarrasing and a total slap in the face to the fans. Springsteen is OK, nothing more and nothing less, but once again, I thought this was supposed to be a Stones show??? On a similar note, we know Clapton and McCartney are in town for the Hurricane Sandy Show and please name me ANY Stones fan who would rather see Lady Gaga, The Black Keys & Springsteen versus seeing Mick taylor, Eric Clapton and Paul McCartney. I know there are certain folks on this site who have access to Mick/Keith's ears. If nothing else, PLEASE, PLEASE, at least reach out to Mick Taylor while it's not too late to get him here. I have always dreamed of seeing Mick Taylor LIVE back on Stage with the Stones. I have met Mick Taylor 5 times, he's a great guy, I know he would love to do the PPV and the boys should do the right thing. Please implore Mick Jagger to NOT bother thanking the fans for our support unless they put their petty jealousies aside and put MT on stage for this PPV!!! If he truly does want to THANK US for our support he knows what he should do. He can still make this happen. I hope he and Keith receive this message loud and clear.
Mick taylor steals the show...do you understand that?....And Jagger wanna be your bank...only fair lad is keith...but he should speak out and he doesnt...it aint no way to treat the always loyal usa fans this way! maybey that the reason they dont play beast...bah!! and i wont say anything about blues or black people in the crowd! shamo!!!

Date: December 10, 2012 21:59

ronkeith72
Common Sense, since they're ultimate goal is to sell last minute tickets to yet another overpriced Non-Sold Out show, along with PPV customers, they would not hold back any last minute surprises for our benefit. Maybe they'll come to their senses. I mean really, Lady Gaga singing Lady Jane....I suppose that will be a great time to take a piss...smiling smiley
ji cant @#$%& believe it...its a joke man!!!

Date: December 10, 2012 22:00

Rokyfan
koh no no!!!

Date: December 10, 2012 22:03

71Tele
Rokyfan

Maybe...But Tumbling Dice, Gimme Shelter, All Down The Line, YCAGWYW, Happy, Brown Sugar, and JJF weren't. And haven't been for 37 years.

Just saying.
and than the shame to bring the magic..for one song!!! let the guy play the whole show goddamm you paid for it

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: December 10, 2012 22:09

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
Rokyfan

I can't imagaine anything more irritating than the need to see "just saying" after you just said something...Worst linguistic fad of the 21st Century so far.

i'm personally more irritated when people have to say personally after they say i...as if there's an alternative....

I personally agree. Just saying.

Personally I feel the overuse of the words "EPIC" and "Meh" are far worse, just saying

Names please...

saying "just saying" negates the need for names, that's the way I personally feel about it anyway, just saying.

Personally I feel my correction of your correction on being corrected is the correct thing to do, just sayin like

Date: December 10, 2012 22:09

StonesTod
Munichhilton

my review?
yeah Tod i waana read!!

Date: December 10, 2012 22:15

vermontoffender
Personally, I am grateful to be of the firm belief that Mick Taylor's contribution to the Stones, and his guitar playing in general, have been vastly overrated in certain quarters.

Also, I'm super excited for all of the guests during the PPV. I suppose the reason for this is because I'm not a member of the Rolling Stones, I'm simply a fan. Therefore, I really have nothing to bitch about; I just get to enjoy the music of the greatest rock and roll band in the history of Rock and Roll.

The fact that they've been around for 50 years is nothing less than miraculous. The fact that they are doing this mini-tour is a gift to whichever fans choose to view it as such.
so untrue...the min mick came on stage there was magic...in the air...it was heaven...a new bandQ

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 10, 2012 22:22

Having Taylor and Wyman on for the London shows was just a symbolic gesture. What's the point with havin Taylor on again for one number? He is no longer the guitar god he is set up to be by the Taylorites. Wyman on the other hand is still a better Rolling Stones bassplayer than Darryl. Darryl has been a misfit from the start.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1710
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home