Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: Announcement Coming Today About PPV (GAGA, Bruce & Black Keys)
Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: December 11, 2012 18:23

I'm thinking, since they're gonna rake in $100 mill or so for the ppv, with 4 acts
that have reached their use-by date, they oughta open it up to be a free concert
in a field somewhere, keep the money but give the suckers who paid for tix
guaranteed standing room within 50 meters...

...and they can call it Laughingstock

...or Laughing-all-the-way-to-the-bank-stock

...or what national lampoon called it lo those many years ago. Lemmings.

...or if you wanna be more contemporary, Music for Fiscal Cliff Diving.

...or make it a benefit. Beachfront-property-Aid. all proceeds guaranteed to
go to those who lost their second or third homes. You could even volunteer
with your shovel to build their dunes back up.

anyway, the possibilities for doing real Bruce-Gaga-style good in this situation
are endless and i would hate to see it all go to waste because of the greed of
Charlie Watts and his ill-mannered friends

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 11, 2012 18:25

superrevvy
I'm thinking, since they're gonna rake in $100 mill or so for the ppv, with 4 acts
that have reached their use-by date, they oughta open it up to be a free concert

anyway, the possibilities for doing real Bruce-Gaga-style good in this situation

So does this mean your love for Mick is officially on the rocks again?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 11, 2012 18:27

i'm watching saturday, but i'm only going to watch gaga, the keys and chuck leavell. the rest i can live without.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: December 11, 2012 18:36

Munichhilton

au contraire. my original position was that the only thing stonesy about this tour
was the high ticket prices. but i still couldn't figure out why mick was doing it
for what was for him chump change.

so my second (idiotic) position was that he must be doing it so that the stones
would fail and he could be done with them.

but now that i know, or think i know, the actual story, that mick will make for
himself (not the other stones) an amount equal to or greater out of these 5
shows and ppv than he could have gotten for a 2-year tour, my admiration for
him has once again gone skyward.

the great train robbery? the great rock and roll swindle? Hah Johnny Rotten and
Rodney Biggs! Mick has pulled off the greatest heist of all time. He's
the man of all men, again, big time!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 18:37 by superrevvy.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 11, 2012 18:39

superrevvy
Munichhilton

au contraire. my original position was that the only thing stonesy about this tour
was the high ticket prices. but i still couldn't figure out why mick was doing it
for what was for him chump change.

so my second (idiotic) position was that he must be doing it so that the stones
would fail and he could be done with them.

but now that i know, or think i know, the actual story, that mick will make for
himself (not the other stones) an amount equal to or greater out of these 5
shows and ppv than he could have gotten for a 2-year tour, my admiration for
him has once again gone skyward.

the great train robbery? the great rock and roll swindle? Hah Johnny Rotten and
Rodney Biggs! Mick has pulled off the greatest heist of all time. He's
the man of all men, again, big time!

You just gotta admire his economic schooling London style...and unfinished at that. Good for Mick...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 11, 2012 19:10

alhavu1
GADAWG
WHO IN THE FUK ARE THE BLACK KEY'S? I am guessing they are not a group of white folks.

I guess the intent is to seem avant-garde and socially advanced to drag these malcontents and washed up coal minners in to ruin the show.

Great $1K to see Springsteen\Old version of Weinhouse and a bunch of Colored people.

Might stay home.

Good points all around. And to those mentioning Bruce would be great for "Salt of theEarth", pleeeezeee. - he is the biggest "working man's hero" phony there is.

as opposed to the guys who wrote it, of course.

A song that should be avoided on this occasion out of embarrassment. Its obviously escaping most people's notice that there could be nothing as ironic as the Stones choosing to play that song for an audience who have mostly paid about $850 for a ticket.

Date: December 11, 2012 19:18

Gazza
alhavu1
GADAWG
WHO IN THE FUK ARE THE BLACK KEY'S? I am guessing they are not a group of white folks.

I guess the intent is to seem avant-garde and socially advanced to drag these malcontents and washed up coal minners in to ruin the show.

Great $1K to see Springsteen\Old version of Weinhouse and a bunch of Colored people.

Might stay home.

Good points all around. And to those mentioning Bruce would be great for "Salt of theEarth", pleeeezeee. - he is the biggest "working man's hero" phony there is.

A song that should be avoided on this occasion out of embarrassment. Its obviously escaping most people's notice that there could be nothing as ironic as the Stones choosing to play that song for an audience who have mostly paid about $850 for a ticket.

$850 a ticket...

That's just too deep for me baby...intro Ronnie...

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: December 11, 2012 19:24

StonesTod
alhavu1
GADAWG

Might stay home.

i agree, but i'm trying to figure out if that's something he should be proud of or ashamed of...

I'd say this has to be a troll, but perhaps there are people this stupid in Georgia.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 11, 2012 19:25

steel driving hammer
Gazza
alhavu1
GADAWG

Might stay home.

$850 a ticket...

Good lord...I just spilled some coffee on my shirt reading some of these ignorant posts. Good to see racism is alive and well in IORR-land.

...and not that it matters or should matter one iota, but the Black Keys are caucasian you moron. One thing I definitely agree with...you should stay home.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 11, 2012 20:02

Welcome to the internet, the place where people don't bother looking up who someone is before they ask who they are.

Oh, and there's plenty of racists here, too.

Yay internet!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 11, 2012 20:03

treaclefingers
steel driving hammer
Gazza
alhavu1
GADAWG

Might stay home.

$850 a ticket...

Good lord...I just spilled some coffee on my shirt reading some of these ignorant posts. Good to see racism is alive and well in IORR-land.

...and not that it matters or should matter one iota, but the Black Keys are caucasian you moron. One thing I definitely agree with...you should stay home.

smileys with beer

Good One Treaclefingers!!
jeroen

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 11, 2012 20:08

superrevvy

You can't have that much of a thing for Gaga to go this nuts.

You had me going again. You are a world-class satirist. Your work is almost close enough to something a fanatic might write so as to make it believable. You really do write good stuff.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: December 11, 2012 20:10

Gazza
Its obviously escaping most people's notice that there could be nothing as ironic as the Stones choosing to play that song for an audience who have mostly paid about $850 for a ticket.

You underestimate the average Stones fans IQ : To avoid "Salt of the Earth" for this very reason would even be more Ironic.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 11, 2012 20:41

corriecas
treaclefingers
steel driving hammer
Gazza
alhavu1
GADAWG

Might stay home.

$850 a ticket...

smileys with beer

Good One Treaclefingers!!
jeroen

sorry for the explosive nature of my post...I can only take complete ignorance in relatively small doses. I'm seeking help though.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: December 11, 2012 20:53

>I'd say this has to be a troll, but perhaps there are people this stupid in Georgia.

"Georgia is full of idiots!" -- Brian Jones

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: December 11, 2012 21:02

Glam Descendant
>I'd say this has to be a troll, but perhaps there are people this stupid in Georgia.

What that poster said was pretty effing stupid but it's also pretty effing stupid to criticize an entire state because of some nitwit that could really be from any state.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: December 11, 2012 21:07

FrankM
Glam Descendant

What that poster said was pretty effing stupid but it's also pretty effing stupid to criticize an entire state because of some nitwit that could really be from any state.

I think Brian was mad because he was mocked for his haircut. That quote is from CHARLIE IS MY DARLING.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1712
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home