Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: Announcement Coming Today About PPV (GAGA, Bruce & Black Keys)
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:25

StonesTod
andrewt
Mentioned this another thread but a promo feed at work came through advertising
E!'s PPV pre-show with "celebrity arrivals", backstage interviews and such starting at 8 EST.

it's almost like the academy awards now. it will be fun seeing what bruce decides to wear. and will the black keys be wearing traditional or will the shock the world and wear something more cheerful and bright? tune in to find out!!

Totally. Red carpet and all. It is totally f***ed to think there will be fans hanging around outside not because of the Stones but to see other celebrities going to the show and maybe getting their autographs.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:28

71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
If the Stones choose to perform WITh Lady Gaga and WITHOUT actual Stones Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor. I'm truly done. That's a bigger "f u c k you" to their fans than the ticket prices. Thanks for 50 fun years guys, but time to move on.

how was your fruit-aim the other night?

I actually chose a black and white cookie from Junior's, Tod. You can flick them like a frisbee, and they're almost as big.

did you remember to boo loudly throughout MR?

Date: December 10, 2012 18:29

andrewt
StonesTod
andrewt
E!'s PPV pre-show with "celebrity arrivals", backstage interviews and such starting at 8 EST.

it's almost like the academy awards now. it will be fun seeing what bruce decides to wear. and will the black keys be wearing traditional or will the shock the world and wear something more cheerful and bright? tune in to find out!!

Totally. Red carpet and all. It is totally f***ed to think there will be fans hanging around outside not because of the Stones but to see other celebrities going to the show and maybe getting their autographs.

i just heard that mick and keith will be on the barbara walters special following the show. so awesome.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:35

StonesTod
andrewt
StonesTod
andrewt

i just heard that mick and keith will be on the barbara walters special following the show. so awesome.

I really hope you're joking.

Date: December 10, 2012 18:38

71Tele
StonesTod
andrewt
StonesTod
andrewt

if she makes either one of them cry, then that's it for me with her....

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:39

Just occurred to me...maybe Bruce will do Run, Run, Rudolph with Keith. Now that would be very cool!

Date: December 10, 2012 18:41

latebloomer
Just occurred to me...maybe Bruce will do Run, Run, Rudolph with Keith. Now that would be very cool!

yes, yes - and there will be sugar plum fairies and ginger-bread men dancing all about...this is gonna be the best stones ever

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:44

StonesTod
latebloomer

yes, yes - and there will be sugar plum fairies and ginger-bread men dancing all about...this is gonna be the best stones ever

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go...take a look at the five and ten, glistening once again...you should know better than to get me started StonesTod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 18:46 by latebloomer.

Date: December 10, 2012 18:45

StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
andrewt
StonesTod
andrewt

Great. Will you join me on the new "We're done with the Rolling Stones" site I am starting? It should be great fun.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:48

And to think...........

Some folks were actually pissed that Jeff Beck was a guest in London......

Date: December 10, 2012 18:49

Oh Man, frickin' Gaga, Black Keys and Springsteen. This is the rock bottom shitiest line up imaginable. I guess I really @#$%& up and should have splashed out and flown across the pond to see the Stones in London. Despite all the bitching, I would much rather have Beck, Clapton or even Macca on I Want to be Your Man. Why not get Buddy Guy to guest on some blues jams? Plus no mention of Wyman or Taylor. Not looking good at all for the 15th. Maybe the 13th will be the REAL show to be at....

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:51

71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
andrewt
StonesTod
andrewt

Great. Will you join me on the new "We're done with the Rolling Stones" site I am starting? It should be great fun.

youcantfiremeiquit.com is still unregistered!

Date: December 10, 2012 18:51

71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
andrewt
StonesTod
andrewt

what's wrong with the one i started a few years ago? bv was the first one to sign up and i immediately banned him...but i think he uses multiple id's to spew his venom and diss the band.

Posted by: elpibe230 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:56

I thought I read that, at the Brooklyn show, Jagger confirmed Taylor and Wyman for the PPV?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:10

1cdog
And to think...........

Some folks were actually pissed that Jeff Beck was a guest in London......

Yeah it's the old Scylla and Charybdis thing... You think you just avoided one problem and a bigger slab of musical sh!t comes right at you! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:14

Do you guys not have an open mind? Geez. When they announced that Florence Welch was going to sing with the Stones, I'm sure a lot of you reacted with "Who? I don't know who that is. It's going to suck!". At least wait until AFTER the performance before you shit all over it. Who knows, you may actually enjoy it. I know I will. I'd rather them do interesting collaborations than seeing them perform Brown Sugar for the billionth time. Also, some of these songs they have been performing for decades. When it's been that long, as a performer, they tend to get stale and they just phone it in. But when there's a guest along for the ride, it's something totally new and exciting for THEM and therefore for us, too. Hopefully. If you have an open mind, that is.

Date: December 10, 2012 19:17

StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
andrewt
StonesTod
andrewt

what's wrong with the one i started a few years ago? bv was the first one to sign up and i immediately banned him...but i think he uses multiple id's to spew his venom and diss the band.

We can have rival sites. Sort of like IORR and Rocks Off.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:35

dcba
Gaga on "Bitch"? (no comment necessary)

Bruce on "Salt Of The Earth"? (the "hard-working ppl" bit would fit).

Black Keys on "All Sold Out"? They sold out badly this year.

How about gaga on Stupid Girl?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:37

Wasn't Springsteen on the Grammys a few years ago honouring The Stones? He played a song, did he not? What was it? Perhaps that's the song he'll play with them...

Date: December 10, 2012 19:44

I don't understand the hate for Springsteen. The Stones was a big reason he picked up a guitar as a kid, and he has been a huge fan his whole life. Bruce has way more relevance to them than Lady Gaga or some of the other guests that have or will appear.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:45

I like Bruce a bit. Its just disappointing that Mick seems to need to turn the band into some sort of relevance proving variety show.

Can't they just play a Stones concert anymore?

Date: December 10, 2012 19:47

bruce will prolly think that he's hearing "bruuuuuuce" cheers when in fact it will be authentic "boos." i hate him and will be throwing rotten fruit at my screen saturday night the moment he hits the stage. that'll teach him.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:50

StonesTod
bruce will prolly think that he's hearing "bruuuuuuce" cheers when in fact it will be authentic "boos." i hate him and will be throwing rotten fruit at my screen saturday night the moment he hits the stage. that'll teach him.

What kind of TV you got? Can it handle the incoming bombardment?

Date: December 10, 2012 19:51

StonesTod

You hate Bruce yet you love Chuck? Hmm...

Date: December 10, 2012 19:53

Munichhilton
StonesTod

What kind of TV you got? Can it handle the incoming bombardment?

not sure what kind it is...but it's tolerated a lot of violence and abuse over the years, much like my dog has. they both take their lickings and keep on ticking...damn those ticks.....

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:54

More Hot Rocks
dcba
Gaga on "Bitch"? (no comment necessary)

Bruce on "Salt Of The Earth"? (the "hard-working ppl" bit would fit).

Black Keys on "All Sold Out"? They sold out badly this year.

How about gaga on Stupid Girl?

grinning smiley thumbs up

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: December 10, 2012 20:37

Bruce is a no brainer but they could have found a better guest than Lady Gaga.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: December 10, 2012 20:37

HMN

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: December 10, 2012 20:48

Bruce on Wild Horses or HTW
Gaga on Miss You or HTW
Black Keys (both or only Auerbach) on the blues number, probably Going Down

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: December 10, 2012 21:00

Maybe fans will be treated to a "Streets Of Love" duet with Jagger and Lady Gaga.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1642
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home